Propellerhead Releases Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
grex

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
grex wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Same here. Currently I'm downloading the demo to try to activate it somehow with the reason 9 or something. I just don't know if that's the correct approach and the download is taking a while.
Once you're issued an actual Reason 10 license, it will show up on your account page here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... plications

Once it does, you can authorize your computer for offline use by hitting the "show details", and then "manage license" (you can only authorize one computer at a time for offline use, though if you have a Ignition Key USB dongle or old Balance audio interface, you can authorize those as well).

It just updated to Reason 10 on my account page. Still thanks for the additional license information.

manuel radioact77

25 Oct 2017

Hello,

Has anyone who's using Reason 10 been able to see if there were, in Reason 10, substantial improvements with regards to performance issues wich some people (well a lot of people) have been complaining/addressing about previous versions of Reason (Reason 9.5., 9.5.1 and 9.5.2 included).

I'm talking about:

DSP and CPU performance in general
VST integration and performance

Does anyone see a substantial improvements in those areas?

(Yes, i know it's only my 3rd comment in the forum. I've been a Reason user since Reason 4.)

Thank you very much :)

GeiddE

25 Oct 2017

waiting....waiting .... please wait
downloading....please wait
WAIT I said !

chimp_spanner

25 Oct 2017

manuel radioact77 wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Hello,

Has anyone who's using Reason 10 been able to see if there were, in Reason 10, substantial improvements with regards to performance issues wich some people (well a lot of people) have been complaining/addressing about previous versions of Reason (Reason 9.5., 9.5.1 and 9.5.2 included).

I'm talking about:

(Yes, i know it's only my 3rd comment in the forum. I've been a Reason user since Reason 4.)

Reason 10 is a content update, so new instruments, new sounds. So at the moment, nothing new in the core program itself (apart from instruments as favourites). I suspect these things will come in .5 and 11! What are your specs just out of interest and what are you trying to run that's giving you problems?

electrofux

25 Oct 2017

Just a little tip when comparing Europa to other Synths from the outside... look at the CPU consumption. It is insanely low.

scratchnsnifff

25 Oct 2017

jjdejong0 wrote:
25 Oct 2017
I also qualify for free upgrade but my products page still shows 9. I downloaded reason 10 but when I try and run it to login it says I am not authorized to run Reason 10. Have sent emails to Prop support but no reply. Anyone else found a fix? I'm guessing with new release day props is gonna be really busy but still I paid to upgrade to Reason 9 just so I could get the free upgrade and now I can't use the new version. I hope they respond to this or at least comment to say what's going on.
Go into your prop shop account products Reason and see if there is anything dealing with the authorizing of your computer/reason licenses idk Iv never had the free upgrade. But maybe Its in your account but just needs authorization? Give it a try and let me know I suppose :) good luck
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

steff3

25 Oct 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Reason 10 is a content update, so new instruments, new sounds. So at the moment, nothing new in the core program itself (apart from instruments as favourites). I suspect these things will come in .5 and 11! What are your specs just out of interest and what are you trying to run that's giving you problems?
Well, honestly I hope that is not they way they work. refactoring and implementation improvements are all-time tasks during software development nowadays.
So, as a customer I would expect improvements.

Just my thoughts
best

Gorgon

25 Oct 2017

demt wrote:
25 Oct 2017
O blast I banged it up my nose last night and ave run outs dosh guess isle wait for next months paycheck still time to think is time to think
Lol that's some pretty funny shit. :) Crazy foo!

Anyway, been playing a bit more. Europa and Grain are very alike. Almost like a template with a few different building blocks thrown in. Cheap. Europa has some fat sounds but nothing like you can't accomplish with Thor and some effects even.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Gorgon

25 Oct 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Reason 10 is a content update, so new instruments, new sounds.
I've said this at least 3 years ago already. As soon as they started with the RE thing. Content providers. And in the meantime they don't do shit about workflow. Why should they? They don't want to improve the workflow. You might actually get something done. They just want to sell you more RE's. MOAR!

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

rudiarii

25 Oct 2017

I think there may be a problem with the Autorization Server as I got a could not connect earlier today.....we may have to be a little patient.
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

reasonable

25 Oct 2017

Hi, Can anyone tell me whether Reason 10 will be available in disc format (say from Amazon for example) rather than just a software dload from Prop shop. I have 9.5 but want to upgrade with a disc if poss. Thanks.

QVprod

25 Oct 2017

reasonable wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Hi, Can anyone tell me whether Reason 10 will be available in disc format (say from Amazon for example) rather than just a software dload from Prop shop. I have 9.5 but want to upgrade with a disc if poss. Thanks.
There are box copies, but I believe they stopped doing discs around the release of Reason 6 or 7.

shropshirelad

25 Oct 2017

reasonable wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Previous versions have been available on disc, so don't see why this would be different.

I'm waiting for the boxed upgrade versions to appear - retailers in the UK always offer a lower price than the Euro-priced download version from Props. I picked v9 upgrade up on Amazon.co.uk for around £80, so definitely worth the wait.

reasonable

25 Oct 2017

I think Amazon still has Reason 9 available as a box with physical DVD, the last time I checked.

manuel radioact77

25 Oct 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Oct 2017
manuel radioact77 wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Hello,

I'm talking about:

I was expecting that answear and i think it's unfortunate.

I work mainly on a 5 y old dual core I5 processor with 8GB RAM with a 500 SSD as main disk (OS, Reason, etc) and an external 1 TB HDD and Line 6 KB37 A/D converter. The OS is Windows 7. (pretty anaemic, i won't denny it :)

I also work with Cubase 7 in the same machine. I can have a greater performance with cubase, in general, with relation to Reason (I'm with Reason 9.5.2), and that's my main complain and frustration.

I prefer Reason to Cubase as a production tool. I make almost everything in the box, i like the way i can process sound in Reason and i'm very used to it, the workflow etc.

The thing is: i read here in the Reason forum about people using quadcore processors with 16 GB RAM or 32 or more, saying they are also having big performance issues with Reason. And the same people saying they also use Reaper or Cubase and have much better performance with those DAWs.

Maybe i'll spend 1000 euros in Quadcore processor laptop with 16 GB of RAM and use the SSD disk i already have, maybe also make an upgrade on the A/D converter. So these specs for me are not "aneamic" anymore, those are at least "MOR", meaning Reason should perform "well", with little problems in regard with CPU/DSP issues.

I just don't want to spend 1000 euros on a laptop and find out Reason is not performing nowhere as expected, as i've seen here in the forum.

Don't get me wrong as i am one of the good guys. I love Reason

I'm just disappointed in knowing there was zero progress in the well known DSP/CPU issues with Reason 10.

Peace! :)

Equalizer

25 Oct 2017

electrofux wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Just a little tip when comparing Europa to other Synths from the outside... look at the CPU consumption. It is insanely low.
You do realize that there's a price to pay for that and that is lower sonic quality. Have you ever tried any synths OUTSIDE of Reason, like say Serum or Massive? Maybe you should. Then you'd hear the difference.

I wish we had the option to enable a "high quality" mode on all of the Props' synths. I would gladly deal with the CPU consequences. At least give us the CHOICE.

Gorgon

25 Oct 2017

rudiarii wrote:
25 Oct 2017
I think there may be a problem with the Autorization Server as I got a could not connect earlier today.....we may have to be a little patient.
Ask someone on here to burn you a disc and send it to you.

Gorgon

25 Oct 2017

Equalizer wrote:
25 Oct 2017
electrofux wrote:
25 Oct 2017
You do realize that there's a price to pay for that and that is lower sonic quality. Have you ever tried any synths OUTSIDE of Reason, like say Serum or Massive? Maybe you should. Then you'd hear the difference.

I wish we had the option to enable a "high quality" mode on all of the Props' synths. I would gladly deal with the CPU consequences. At least give us the CHOICE.
You are mrmiyagi, aren't you?

esselfortium

25 Oct 2017

Equalizer wrote:
25 Oct 2017
electrofux wrote:
25 Oct 2017

You know, "person has somehow never heard another synth" is a pretty unlikely scenario. I would imagine that everyone here has in fact listened to other music before, and that people who are satisfied with how Reason's synths sound simply have a different opinion than you.

Personally, I think I'm going to just keep professionally making music for people who are satisfied with how my music sounds. It's a more productive use of time than registering alt accounts to keep arguing with strangers about software you don't like.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Equalizer

25 Oct 2017

You guys do realize that there are Reason users besides mrmiyagi who are NOT satisfied with Propellerhead's synths? There are lots of us out there, but only a few of us choose to voice our very loud opinions here at this magnificent place.

Cuz who knows, maybe just MAYBE someone at Propellerhead is actually listening to us.

Adabler
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

Oh my.. the download rate is really bad. Busy day over at Propellerhead, I guess. :)
:reason: 12, Win10

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

Equalizer wrote:
25 Oct 2017
You guys do realize that there are Reason users besides mrmiyagi who are NOT satisfied with Propellerhead's synths? There are lots of us out there, but only a few of us choose to voice our very loud opinions here at this magnificent place.
Would that be before or after you send PM's to people with poor attempts to troll? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Equalizer

25 Oct 2017

Oh really now...my PM to you was merely to show you that your over-zealous Reason evangelism may not actually be as popular as you think it is, based on this forum post which yielded ZERO responses:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7503690&p=358047&hi ... ew#p358047

I'm all for improving this software. I think people like yourself do more harm than good. I want Propellerhead to actually listen to us and not just be given "everything is ok we'll buy anything you put out" pats on the back. When valid criticism hits these boards it is consistently met by name-calling and put downs, where it is normal to berate the criticizer. It's not right.

We have a right to complain without being attacked.

Or do we not?

Mods?

moneykube

25 Oct 2017

wow... 40 bucks tax... that comes to 169
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

25 Oct 2017

demt wrote:
25 Oct 2017
O blast I banged it up my nose last night and ave run outs dosh guess isle wait for next months paycheck still time to think is time to think
ouch... sorry to here about the mishap...
don't walk in the dark... lol
just joking :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information