Recording Kong Inside A Combinator?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

26 Oct 2017

Hi,

I can't beleive I have not noticed this before so maybe I have touched something somewhere!

Create A Kong.

Put It Inside A Combinator.

Try To Record The Pads By Clicking The Pads With A Mouse.

Nothing Appears In The Sequencer?

I am using A Patch that I have used for ages (A Kong Full Of Toms) Inside A Combinator With A MKII Reverb.

Please could someone check this?

Thanks in advance

Chris

chimp_spanner

26 Oct 2017

You probably need to create a sequencer track for the Kong. That should sort it.

chrischrischris

26 Oct 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
26 Oct 2017
You probably need to create a sequencer track for the Kong. That should sort it.
Yeah if I do that it works but then I have two tracks on the sequencer and that defeats the point of the combinator. ie to control all parameters inside the combinator from one sequencer track.

Hmmm

I was under the impression that I had recorded this Patch using Midi Drum Pads, Midi Keyboard, F4 Midi Keys And with The Kong Pads Via A Mouse at different times.

I might be wrong of course! :lol:

Chris

selig
RE Developer

26 Oct 2017

I believe it works this way so that if you have two (or more) Kongs in the Combinator, it will know which tracks to record the pad performance to.

FWIW, I never record Kong from pads using a mouse - too imprecise for drums IMO. But if you really want to use a mouse to record Kong in a Combinator, you can use the on-screen keyboard (F4), making sure to select the Combinator first.

Otherwise, record the pads then drag the note clip into the Combinator track.

Again, not sure how it could work as you suggest in all cases, so hopefully one of these workarounds helps!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

chrischrischris

26 Oct 2017

selig wrote:
26 Oct 2017
I believe it works this way so that if you have two (or more) Kongs in the Combinator, it will know which tracks to record the pad performance to.

FWIW, I never record Kong from pads using a mouse - too imprecise for drums IMO. But if you really want to use a mouse to record Kong in a Combinator, you can use the on-screen keyboard (F4), making sure to select the Combinator first.

Otherwise, record the pads then drag the note clip into the Combinator track.

Again, not sure how it could work as you suggest in all cases, so hopefully one of these workarounds helps!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Hi,

Like I said it's only one of many ways that I "Play The Kong" I must never have done it inside A Combinator from the mouse!

Yeah it's often when I'm adding a little bit of Percussion to Electronic stuff that I use the on screen pads or when I'm on the touch screen. It saves Me working out which Pad is which.
Plus I do like to have Visuals of the velocity that I am going for in certain circumstances.

Just to confirm the other "Standard" ways are working as expected.

Thanks for the confirmation

Chris

• Information