Annoying bug when using the on-screen keyboard with VSTs - Reason 9.5.2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
electrochoc (PRX-A)

28 Nov 2017

Hi!

I've noticed a very annoying bug (for me at least) in Reason 9.5.2.

The bug is the following one: When a device (stock, RE, VST) is created, you normally can play a few notes on it using the on-screen keyboard (the one that appears via F4) i.e. using the keys on your computer keyboard. But, in the case of a VST instrument, if you open the VST's window, the on-screen keyboard no longer works, i.e. pressing the keys on your computer keyboard no longer yields any note. On the previous version of Reason (9.5.1 I think), it worked just fine. I've found a (annoying) workaround: after having opened the VST screen, you can go to the Window menu of Reason, activate, then deactivate the Stay on Top option. The on-screen keyboard will then work as intended.

Reason 9.5.2 being an old version, I'm not sure it's pertinent to report it. But what I would like to know from you: has this bug been fixed in Reason 10?

Operating system: Windows 7.

Thanks a lot!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

vondersulzburg

28 Nov 2017

Hi I tested it with Arturia Analog Lab2.1; MT-Power Drum Kid; LuSH101, Kontakt5, Dune2, and all are working when their VST window is open and I press a Key on the computer keyboard when "KEYS" is activated.

Michael
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

RandyEspoda

28 Nov 2017

vondersulzburg wrote:
28 Nov 2017
Hi I tested it with Arturia Analog Lab2.1; MT-Power Drum Kid; LuSH101, Kontakt5, Dune2, and all are working when their VST window is open and I press a Key on the computer keyboard when "KEYS" is activated.

Michael
Yours is R10, so in the OP it could be a Reason 9.5 issue only...

=> report it

vondersulzburg

28 Nov 2017

:o Sorry was too fast :o
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

madmacman

28 Nov 2017

It was never a topic on Mac side, but I remember there was something like a "Windows focus issue" on Win computers?

At least there was a change between 9.5.1 and 9.5.2 as mentioned in the changelog:

"Improved plugin window focus handling on Windows, removed associated menu option"

• Information