Who's successfully running Reason with Vienna Ensemble Pro?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chuck.dallas

07 Dec 2017

Curious who is successfully running Reason with Vienna Ensemble Pro? I've searched but found only a few people who've mentioned it. For those who want to use the large, high end sample libraries (especially orchestral) with Reason, seems like VEP might be a good solution. Many Logic & Cubase composers utilizing large VI templates swear by it. Thoughts?

danc

02 Feb 2018

I have been testing out VE Pro for the last few days. I've had a number of problems, especially with distortion and stuttering audio, but this was a problem to do with the need to optimise my slave Windows PC, not anything to do with Reason.

Now for Reason: I have tried again and again to do 2 things:

1. Use multiple audio outs from a plugin: when I open up the VE Pro plugin in Reason, I am only offered OUT 1/2 and not 3/4/5/6/7/8 etc. I have contacted VSL customer support to find out what I am doing wrong.

2. I want to use VE Pro to host my effects plugins. After talking to VSL support they have confirmed that it is not possible to use it for inserts. You have to process effects as SENDS and not INSERTS. This really limits the way you use VE Pro and after so much freedom to add inserts in Reason, it is very difficult to constantly remind yourself that you can't get VE Pro to host the inserts. Very limiting.
Check my Soundcloud:

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2018

I'm not. I get crackles and distortion on my mac. It's unusable with Reason. I use it and MIR and lots of VSL instruments very heavily in Logic. Works like a dream there.

Bet you a gazillion dollars that this is WAY at the bottom of their fix list (if on it at all).
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

kitekrazy

02 Feb 2018

I have VEP and would never think of trying it in Reason. It doesn't really work in FL Studio. VSL support is great though.

sonicbyte

12 Apr 2018

Just to get this right... is Reason capable of running VEP correctly or is in fact unusable?

swamptooth

13 Apr 2018

sonicbyte wrote:
12 Apr 2018
Just to get this right... is Reason capable of running VEP correctly or is in fact unusable?
Unusable.

• Information