no pitch transition lines visible in audio pitch editing mode

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
marcuswitt

09 Jan 2018

Hi and Happy New Year,

I recently stumbled across a strange thing in Reason 10 (running on Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan) as described step by step in the following.

• in Reason 10.0.1d18 (build8.941) create a new song
• import an existing audio file (*.wav, 24bit, 44.1kHz) or make a new audio recording on a new Audio Track
• set that the Stretch and Transpose type mode for that clip to "Vocal" mode
• within the Sequencer select that audio file and click soft-button "Pitch Edit"
expected result: the detected pitch values for all notes that are displayed are "interconnected" via a line indicating the detected dynamic pitch variations, drifts, vibratos etc. of that audio clip
observed result, though: that line is not visible any longer (see screen shot attached to this post)

Does anybody know if I'm making a mistake here (which, BTW, would be a typical "layer 8 problem" then) or if that's something that you can reproduce? I thought I know Reason quite well, but at the moment I feel like being in a wasteland. I hope some of you can help me in this matter. Thanks and advance!

Best regards,

Marcus
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 09.04.47.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 09.04.47.png (216.5 KiB) Viewed 749 times

househoppin09

09 Jan 2018

It's a known bug introduced with the 10.0.1 update (Mac only). Discussed at length here:

viewtopic.php?t=7504841&start=25

PH is aware of it, but they sure seem to be taking their sweet time about fixing it. I'd roll back to 10.0 in the meantime if I were you, there might be quite a wait.

supersplaron

10 Jan 2018

It has been fixed with the 10.0.2 update out now. Just launch Reason to auto-update.

househoppin09

10 Jan 2018

See, I knew if I said that it'd get fixed the next day so I'd have egg on my face. That's why I said it. You can all thank me later. :lol:

marcuswitt

10 Jan 2018

Thanks guys for your instant feedback, explanations and links! Well, next time I should read the latest info's on PPH's homepage before I start moaning about something that was already known. But being a dumb nut can be enlightening, sometimes. ;) Thanks!

• Information