Multiple audio tracks through one Neptune module

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djs

29 Jan 2018

I am trying to find a way to run many audio tracks (vocals and vocal-overlays) to a single Neptune module. So far I am able to attach a separate Neptune module to each audio track, which takes up space and quite inefficient. Also changing the settings on each module is cumbersome. I've tried attaching the Neptune module to the master FX send and sending the FX through a bus of all audio tracks combined, but I found the tuning is not to the fullest as when a Neptune is added to the audio track itself. For example, when I transpose 1 octave higher, it is barely noticeable through FX send, however it is noticeable when Neptune is inserted directly on the audio track.

Gorgon

29 Jan 2018

Use an audio spider (or several)
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

QVprod

29 Jan 2018

1st. There's a difference between inserts and fx sends. Inserts apply to the sound directly. Fx sends are parallel to the original source so you do not want to run Neptune as a send as it won't give you the desired result.

2nd. Neptune will only be effective on monophonic audio, so provided the multiple vocals (background vocals I'm assuming) are singing the same notes (doubles) you can create a bus for those vocals and place Neptune as an insert on that bus. However, it will be most effective if used on individual tracks.

What you can do to make multiple instances easier is set one and then right click it and choose copy devices and tracks. You can then paste it into every vocal track and it will retain the settings.The only caveat is you'll have to manually connect the cables on the back of the rack.

djs

29 Jan 2018

Thanks for the tips. I decided to combine and cut down the audio files down to 3 tracks and placed Neptune in each.

• Information