Midi Keyboard won't work

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
blixsix

28 Feb 2018

I'm having trouble getting my Kontrol S49 and novation 25sl working in Reason 10. Everything else works in Reason 10, I just can't play Keys.......

I have followed the set up in the preference/ control surfaces...but no cigar. I have no problem running the keyboards with other software I'm running.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. :? :? :?

Thanks

B

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2018

How are you setting them up under Preference / Control Surface?

Are you sure nothing else has already taken them ports (I know you said they work else where, I had issue with Chrome nicking my Nektar port from Reason, turned off midi in Chrome, no longer have that problem)

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blixsix

28 Feb 2018

Yeah tried the google thing...still no go

I can get the sound going, by going into Advanced midi devices and selecting the VST. for example if I go to Ch 1 in advanced midi devices and select 'Vergon 6 In', it will play the sound, but won't record to the armed track .

B

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2018

blixsix wrote:
28 Feb 2018

I can get the sound going, by going into Advanced midi devices and selecting the VST. for example if I go to Ch 1 in advanced midi devices and select 'Vergon 6 In', it will play the sound, but won't record to the armed track .

B
Using the advanced midi you will never be able to record from data there, the controllers have to come in via the control surface however the fact they work there shows you are communicating with Reason.

Are you setting them up as "Other" surface controllers ?

Gorgon

28 Feb 2018

blixsix wrote:
28 Feb 2018

B
This is the wrong approach and you're not answering questions that are being asked. You should start there.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

stxlm

28 Feb 2018

With your keyboards, it should be a breeze if you follow the instructions. Don't use Advanced midi, you don't have to. Don't know where you got that idea.
Have you read and followed the instructions in the installation manual, specifically p 27?
https://a.phcdn.se/Reason10/Manuals/Rea ... Manual.pdf

guitfnky

28 Feb 2018

I had a bit of trouble getting my Novation LaunchKey 25 to play nice with Reason. there was some software I had to download and install from the Novation site. I know that's not the keyboard model you're trying to set up, but it's the same manufacturer, so maybe that'll at least get you moving in the right direction.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

blixsix

01 Mar 2018

Yeah ok, I just set it up as a generic midi keyboard, rather than indicating the manufacturer as NI .... works beautifully

Thanks for the feedback

B

• Information