Is there a way to keep browser from shifting focus?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NekujaK

09 May 2018

I'm using Reason's browser to find an effect device. When I find it and drag it to the rack, the browser automatically switches focus to the patch folder for the device. For VSTs, it typically goes to the "My Documents" folder, even if there is no patch folder for the device.

So a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to temporarily prevent the Browser from shifting focus when a device is added to the rack? Sometimes I need to quickly add multiple devices to one or more channels, but the constant shifting focus forces me to scroll through the entire list for every device. (Yes, I know I can use the right-click menu instead of the browser, but I often select devices from my custom Favorites lists, which don't appear in the right-click menu.)

2. Is there a way to "train" the browser to point to specific preset folder locations for specific devices? When I save an .fxb for a VST, the browser seems to remember the location, but then it uses that location for ALL devices.

And a general question about .fxb and .fxp patches:

3. Why do .fxb's show up in Reason's browser, but not .fxp's. Here's an example: I created a patch in Voxengo Voxformer, and using Reason's "Save" button, I saved the patch as both an .fxb and then as an .fxp. Only the .fxb appears in Reason's browser, and I'm unable to load the .fxp.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

zumBeispiel

10 May 2018

NekujaK wrote:
09 May 2018

1. (...) forces me to scroll through the entire list for every device (...)

If one needs a device twice or needs an other device that in the list is close to the one just loaded, then just press the little left arrow (back) and it goes exactly where it was the previously loaded device.

Hope it helps.

back.png

LudvigC
Reason Studios

10 May 2018

Turn off "New devices get Browse Focus" in the Preferences!

electrofux

10 May 2018

LudvigC wrote:
10 May 2018
It would be overly cool if there'd be an option to turn off dynamic focus completely or it only focusses when i hit the brwose button on the device so i dont lose focus when i tweak another device.

NekujaK

10 May 2018

zumBeispiel wrote:
10 May 2018
If one needs a device twice or needs an other device that in the list is close to the one just loaded, then just press the little left arrow (back) and it goes exactly where it was the previously loaded device.
LudvigC wrote:
10 May 2018
Thank you, both! This is very helpful. I can't believe I've been using Reason for over a decade and was never aware of these features :roll:
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information