Addictive Drums 2 Can't automate Volume envelope feature in Reason 9.5.2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
manuel radioact77

10 Jun 2018

Hi!

So i got Addictive Drums 2: Beat Producer Edition. 150 Euros, good plugin with LinnDrum Kits, DMX kits, Simmons kits, etc. And all very tweakable, but:

I've got a beat with a hit hat groove (70 BPM, 16th hi hats) and i would like to go to the "Edit" Options in the plugin and automate the "Volume Envelope" lines/ parameters in the hi hats, because this would really help humanize and bring variation to the Hi Hat groove.

So i click in "Automate", it (Reason) asks me to click a parameter in the plugin, as it normalize does. I hit record and try to move, click, whatever, anywhere in the "Volume Envelope" section, and no automation line appears or is created. Very frustrating, especially because of the hi hats situation.

Reason seems, from what i see, to only automate in this particular plugin features that are controlled by virtual knobs, software knobs. In that case the automation lane is normaly created.

Does anyone uses Addictive Drums and can help me with this situation?

Thanks a lot!! :)

swamptooth

10 Jun 2018

Unfortunately, those parameters aren't exposed by the plugin in any DAW.

manuel radioact77

11 Jun 2018

swamptooth wrote:
10 Jun 2018
Unfortunately, those parameters aren't exposed by the plugin in any DAW.
Thanks for the answer! :)

You mean those parameters in AD2 can't be automated in any DAW? Oh no! :(
Thanks anyway :)

manuel radioact77

12 Jun 2018

Ok after just 24 hours of submitting this question to the company (XLN Audio) they gave me a very comprehensive and personalized answer to my questions, with alternative routes and suggestions, making themselves available to more in depth solutions and to answer any type of questions regarding the software and my particular workflow in Reason.

10/10.

swamptooth

12 Jun 2018

Yeah for a small company they have top notch support.

• Information