Reason 10.2 with workflow improvements. - OUT NOW

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tibah

23 Aug 2018

Loque

23 Aug 2018

jump directly to rack devices from sequencer lanes
Amen...Something that really pissed me off last weekend...finally...now i can find the right rack without scrolling through 5 billion devices. :thumbs_up:

Good to see PH is listening. Well done! Good new features!
We continue to listen and learn from you and your needs
<3
Reason12, Win10

LucaB

23 Aug 2018

HYPED! :lol:

I´m never going to regret getting into Reason, I just love it, the community, the software, the (freeish) updates! Everything keeps getting better and better and I´m excited to try these new features on Reason 10.2! But, just a quick critic, I believe that instead of snapping notes to an adaptive grid based on zoom level, I´d be better if they would add two little shortcuts: one to increase the grid measure, and another to decrease it, just like Ableton does in Live´s piano roll. (Witch actually sounds much easier to implement than what is being added, honestly)

Still everything that´s coming looks great! Thanks to the devs in Propellerheads HQ! :reason:

BRIGGS

23 Aug 2018

r11s

campbejo
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

LucaB wrote:
23 Aug 2018
HYPED! :lol:

I´m never going to regret getting into Reason, I just love it, the community, the software, the (freeish) updates! Everything keeps getting better and better and I´m excited to try these new features on Reason 10.2! But, just a quick critic, I believe that instead of snapping notes to an adaptive grid based on zoom level, I´d be better if they would add two little shortcuts: one to increase the grid measure, and another to decrease it, just like Ableton does in Live´s piano roll. (Witch actually sounds much easier to implement than what is being added, honestly)

Still everything that´s coming looks great! Thanks to the devs in Propellerheads HQ! :reason:
Using the zoom shorcuts will give the same result assuming each zoom has a corresponding grid value. Ctrl + ( + or - ) or Ctrl + scroll if you use a mouse.

antic604

23 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Aug 2018
jump directly to rack devices from sequencer lanes
Amen...Something that really pissed me off last weekend...finally...now i can find the right rack without scrolling through 5 billion devices. :thumbs_up:
Anyone in beta yet can say how this works? Do I just double–click on the device thumbnail in track's header?

aeox
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

Nice work Propellerhead!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

ljekio wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Good news!
"instantly use your controller with Easy MIDI Inputs" - what is it?
What I wondered too
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

skie

23 Aug 2018

sonicbyte wrote:
23 Aug 2018
"Meanwhile, work on VST performance is ongoing. The result of this work will be released as a separate free update later this year. The reason it’s a separate release is because the performance work is an extensive rewrite of the inner workings of the program and requires an expert task force."

Also is great they at least keep us posted about this !
I wonder if the teardown/rebuild of code was unforseen. Just curious.

scratchnsnifff

23 Aug 2018

I’m most excited for ghost notes! The ability to use scales and chords for the notes to use, and then use a ghost lane to make melodies out of all of the notes from the chords makes for very interesting musical results

This little update brings hope for a new combinator, as iv seen “ganged faders” and ghost lanes in soooooo. Many request threads here and on FB

Maybe 2018 will be the year of user requests:)

I know for a fact that each update in the past two years have provided sooo many little requests. Like Europa, then not long after samples in Europa. Favorites folders samples in the Re sdk etc.

As the years go on the propellerhead team is really killing it! Best part about this update is that it kills two big birds with one free stone
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

WillyOD

23 Aug 2018

Yay. Ghost notes! This is what I'm talking about. Implementing these couldn't have taken too long. More of these please. I don't care if we have to beta test the heck out of them.

Also I haven't received any e-mail about this, I checked my spam folder too, am I the only one?
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

S1GNL

23 Aug 2018

Adjusting multiple faders?!?
Jesus hecking Christ, finally!!!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

WillyOD wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Yay. Ghost notes! This is what I'm talking about. Implementing these couldn't have taken too long. More of these please. I don't care if we have to beta test the heck out of them.

Also I haven't received any e-mail about this, I checked my spam folder too, am I the only one?
No email here either
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

23 Aug 2018

sonicbyte wrote:
23 Aug 2018
"Meanwhile, work on VST performance is ongoing. The result of this work will be released as a separate free update later this year. The reason it’s a separate release is because the performance work is an extensive rewrite of the inner workings of the program and requires an expert task force."

Yes, loving how they're keeping us more informed these days.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

23 Aug 2018

-008' wrote:
23 Aug 2018
MUH GHOST LANNNNEEEEESSS!!!!!

I guess figuring out that workaround, promoting it at every turn, and making the feature suggestion really paid off time.

Long live the props! :clap:
I was just about to ask that...are those ghost notes (if that's the correct term, the black ones) in the midi editor pic? hope so....if so....I'm punching the air like Homer Simpson going, "Woooh hoooo!!".

steff3

23 Aug 2018

nice features, nothing extraordinary though IMHO. good additions.

Would like to see a scripting player - which allows to script functionality....

best

flightONE

23 Aug 2018

skie wrote:
23 Aug 2018
sonicbyte wrote:
23 Aug 2018

I wonder if the teardown/rebuild of code was unforseen. Just curious.
Most likely it was foreseen all along which explains the restraint in communication until they had staff or certainty that it could be done...

Creativemind

23 Aug 2018

Jagwah wrote:
23 Aug 2018
The adjust multiple faders feature looks smooth as. Thanks for the heads up.
How d'yer mean, reads like you've seen it in action?

I was gonna say, I wonder (does look like it from the pic) if ganged faders has been implemented the way I envisaged. Shift clicking multiple channels and then moving any fader on any of those channels while they're highlighted blue will move all highlighted faders. I think I e-mailed Propellerhead with this suggestion.

Zac

23 Aug 2018

This all good, good news. Great communication. I agree that they've maybe had to reach out to get that expert team for the rebuild and that takes time in itself.

Definitely intrigued by the midi controller thing. Best get saving up for the upgrade.

esselfortium

23 Aug 2018

Creativemind wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Jagwah wrote:
23 Aug 2018
The adjust multiple faders feature looks smooth as. Thanks for the heads up.
How d'yer mean, reads like you've seen it in action?

I was gonna say, I wonder (does look like it from the pic) if ganged faders has been implemented the way I envisaged. Shift clicking multiple channels and then moving any fader on any of those channels while they're highlighted blue will move all highlighted faders. I think I e-mailed Propellerhead with this suggestion.
From the animated clip of it on the announcement page, it looks like that's how it works, yeah!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Adabler
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Definitely intrigued by the midi controller thing. Best get saving up for the upgrade.
They wrote Easy MIDI very trademark-y, I think. Maybe they acquired or implemented: https://nikolozi.com/apps/easymidi/ ?
:reason: 12, Win10

KirkMarkarian

23 Aug 2018

1/128. 1/128

Adabler
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
23 Aug 2018
1/128. 1/128
Wow! Good catch!

That's intense!