Using Reason as Batch Sample Converter

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mr. Watts

15 Mar 2019

Hey, I’m trying to convert a bunch of 24 bit samples to 16 bit for use with my MPC2500. I drag and dropped a number of samples into Reason’s sequencer and to their own mixer channels. My plan was to just bounce all the mixer channels to a new folder, using the end marker in the sequencer to make sure they’re only about 1 or 2 seconds long. However, after bouncing the files I have found that each exported sample Wav file contains no sound and is 0 seconds long. I’ve also tried bouncing using the loop markers as well but that didn’t work either. In theory this should work right? Or is there something that I’m missing? I have double checked to make sure there are no solo’d or muted channels and that there are no “monitoring for track” buttons enabled. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks

bitley

15 Mar 2019

You might try it in iTunes by first converting to AAC 256 or so and then from there to aiff or wav.

jam-s

15 Mar 2019

I'd rather use audacity for batch conversion. It's got a dedicated feature for this: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/macros.html

QVprod

16 Mar 2019

it should actually work. Just tried it to make sure, and the files do in fact list themselves as 0.00 in in preview (mac) but are 1 sec long and they have sound as expected. Are you sure your loop markers were around the audio files?

• Information