Dropping the Weight

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
OverneathTheSkyBridg

29 Sep 2019

I'm just gonna say this. You (Raveshaper) and several other people on this forum really seem to have absolutely nothing going on in your pitiful lives besides shitting on Propellerheads (Reason Studios) over their offerings. Just looking at this long lengthy analysis of your grievances of this company leads me to believe you are probably so stuck in your own musical creativity that you instead expel all your efforts into eternally criticizing theirs. You show up in pretty much every thread in this forum, as if you live for this purpose alone.

Countless successful bands in musical history could only dream to have even 10% of the tools available to us now for the overall cost of Starbucks coffee purchases tallied up over a year's time, yet made amazing music given the tools they had (that cost thousands more). We are BEYOND spoiled. The fact is, if you can't make music with the tools that Reason has to offer then you probably can't make music in anything. In fact, Reason has enabled people with no musical background to partake in the process with Players and presets and even still it's too horrible for you to consider. It's like being a 400lb fatass who won't get on a treadmill because you don't like the color.

Sure, Scenic isn't Hive. But it's damn impressive for what it does, and for what it costs. For those of us who've already bought all the REs and thus the Suite isn't worth it? Who gives a shit. Nobody got ripped off, they paid for their shit fair and square. I personally am floored with the amount of stuff I have at my disposal. I personally want a revamped GUI.... maybe one day I'll get it. But I'm not gonna go off about it like Mattias choked my wife out with his beard lol.

Point is, if you can't make music with Reason then why are you even here? Why haven't you moved on to any of those other DAWs? Why do you feel the need to keep coming back here if the grass is so much greener elsewhere? Anyways that's the end of my rant.

Loque

29 Sep 2019

Bam!
Reason12, Win10

thx

29 Sep 2019

RandyEspoda wrote:
28 Sep 2019
Nobody knows what the direction is
Honestly this is just a really unhelpful, negative way of thinking about things. You disregard a 20+ year track record to instead go in a mad panic flap whenever *anything* happens? I get that you're invested, but it's not healthy. You can't binge-watch life.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

"You're negative!"
"No, you're negative!!"
"No, YOU are!!!"
"NO, YOU ARE!!!!"
etc...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

S1GNL

29 Sep 2019

The number of posts like that are increasing (not only in this forum).

I’m exporting all Reason projects into Studio One now (btw, I had several crashes during the export, and after Win10 Update Reason didn’t want to start due missing Media Feature Pack - again!).

It was a nice, nostalgic adventure to work on Reason again for almost two years, but my favorite DAW from the past is dying slowly. Sorry.

I’m gonna miss the automation clips... but that’s all there is to miss.

Bye bye, shitty DAW.

Oquasec

29 Sep 2019

The stuff in reason is actually still too much by hardware standards.
You seem to be forgetting how you can route and stack everything.
Then you can expand it by putting it into another daw that doesn't do anything reason does b ut does other stuff :]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

diminished
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

thx wrote:
29 Sep 2019
You can't binge-watch life.
Agreeing with anything else or not, this is pure wisdom.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Proboscis

29 Sep 2019

S1GNL wrote:
29 Sep 2019
It was a nice, nostalgic adventure to work on Reason again for almost two years, but my favorite DAW from the past is dying slowly.
Say what ? What is being taken away that constitutes a DAW 'dying' ? Reason may be stagnating, with development of core features being overlooked, but it's not going backwards, and certainly not dying (ok there was the Line6 removal, but that's it as far as I know)

We all have choices in life about many things, and the choice of which software suites we use is entirely in our hands. So you don't like Reason anymore, that's perfectly fine, I wish you every success with whatever DAW you migrate to.

boingy

29 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
29 Sep 2019
What is being taken away that constitutes a DAW 'dying' ? Reason may be stagnating, with development of core features being overlooked, but it's not going backwards, and certainly not dying (ok there was the Line6 removal, but that's it as far as I know)
Rewire has been removed. And Europa VST, although not really part of Reason.

But Reason is not dying, though RS could deal it a heavy blow if they fail to deliver the Rack plugin as AU and AAX.

DougalDarkly

29 Sep 2019

Deleted
Last edited by DougalDarkly on 09 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

29 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
29 Sep 2019
"You're negative!"
"No, you're negative!!"
"No, YOU are!!!"
"NO, YOU ARE!!!!"
etc...
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jlgrimes

29 Sep 2019

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
29 Sep 2019
I'm just gonna say this. You (Raveshaper) and several other people on this forum really seem to have absolutely nothing going on in your pitiful lives besides shitting on Propellerheads (Reason Studios) over their offerings. Just looking at this long lengthy analysis of your grievances of this company leads me to believe you are probably so stuck in your own musical creativity that you instead expel all your efforts into eternally criticizing theirs. You show up in pretty much every thread in this forum, as if you live for this purpose alone.

Countless successful bands in musical history could only dream to have even 10% of the tools available to us now for the overall cost of Starbucks coffee purchases tallied up over a year's time, yet made amazing music given the tools they had (that cost thousands more). We are BEYOND spoiled. The fact is, if you can't make music with the tools that Reason has to offer then you probably can't make music in anything. In fact, Reason has enabled people with no musical background to partake in the process with Players and presets and even still it's too horrible for you to consider. It's like being a 400lb fatass who won't get on a treadmill because you don't like the color.

Sure, Scenic isn't Hive. But it's damn impressive for what it does, and for what it costs. For those of us who've already bought all the REs and thus the Suite isn't worth it? Who gives a shit. Nobody got ripped off, they paid for their shit fair and square. I personally am floored with the amount of stuff I have at my disposal. I personally want a revamped GUI.... maybe one day I'll get it. But I'm not gonna go off about it like Mattias choked my wife out with his beard lol.

Point is, if you can't make music with Reason then why are you even here? Why haven't you moved on to any of those other DAWs? Why do you feel the need to keep coming back here if the grass is so much greener elsewhere? Anyways that's the end of my rant.
I actually agreed with some of the users statements but comparing Scenic to Hive was a little weird as those two synths are very different. Hive is more Europaish. I never thought Scenic as being the next big synth in Reason. it has some great sounds though but as Reason is stated, it is more geared for film, ambient than a general all purpose synth like Hive.

stratatonic

29 Sep 2019

Cool. The Reason Talk Therapy Couch Thread.

ClassickHitz

29 Sep 2019

Guess I still don't quite understand why Reason has to have every conceivable tool a person needs to make music or it's somehow categorized as inept or lacking. If nothing else the new release as a plugin has opened the door for exclusive longtime users to explore other DAWs without having to sacrifice the comfort and familiarity you've become accustom to as a Reason only user.

Pardon me for oversimplifying but it seems that whatever resources or capabilities Reason doesn't provide will be made up for when pairing with another more robust DAW(s) of your choosing. This essentially would give a person the best of both worlds with very little to complain about. Right?

It's not necessarily wrong to wish for or to ask that any one thing would have everything you could possibly dream of within it. Who wouldn't want that in life.

Unfortunately, it's just not realistic to hold Reason to a God like standard.

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
26 Sep 2019
I'm going to lay out my opinion even though I'm preaching to the choir.
I agree with everything you said re: the state of Reason (but I personally think Logic is king of the DAWS). :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

DougalDarkly

30 Sep 2019

Deleted
Last edited by DougalDarkly on 09 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

dvdrtldg

30 Sep 2019

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
29 Sep 2019
I'm just gonna say this. You (Raveshaper) and several other people on this forum really seem to have absolutely nothing going on in your pitiful lives besides shitting on Propellerheads (Reason Studios) over their offerings.

Blah blah blah etc etc etc
I don't have any personal feelings for Raveshaper one way or the other, but I thought his post was fine (although I disagree with it on many points)

It was thoughtful and well argued, certainly made me think about why I choose to stick with Reason. You don't seem to be able to see the difference between a rant and a considered opinion

fceramic

30 Sep 2019

I do agree with Senic being a terrible offering. What happened to not having loads of tabs and hiding features? Even says so on their product page.
Otherwise I think Reason is Reason. It has some cool unique features and everything is for the most part WYSIWYG (except for that stupid floating tool window).
Reason is simply really old with loads of old code and old users requiring backward compatibility. Reason Studios would have to start from scratch if they really wanted to make some significant changes to the overall design.

I will not be updating as I have mostly moved onto Bitwig, which is incredibly impressive and fun to use. Reason had its time 10 years ago, and now there are better DAWs. Only thing I miss from Reason is live sampling, rock solid performance and all my refills.

boingy

30 Sep 2019

fceramic wrote:
30 Sep 2019
. Only thing I miss from Reason is live sampling, rock solid performance and all my refills.
That's quite alot to miss!

gullum

30 Sep 2019

fceramic wrote:
30 Sep 2019
rock solid performance
I miss that too, the bug with reason only playing the song but not moving or blinking is annoying as a donkey butt. I've actually come to the point where I reconsider a refund, because I bought a software that is not working as advertised,

throughout the 10 years I've been a reason customer I have not experienced any real issues except from 1-2 RE's stopped working and needed a reload.

exxx

01 Oct 2019

Try racking on another daw. Sounds great.

The reason rack is making the worst sound in reason.

moneykube

01 Oct 2019

never mind all this .... there are stickers :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

tibah

01 Oct 2019

Just to the OP: Dude, seriously, don't bother, choose tools and freaking MAKE music for the music and not because to RAVE about the tools! :P

• Information