Process for 10 to 11 Install????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mrain

27 Dec 2019

I have 10 and bought 11 as I wanted crossfades and note mutes.

But before I install; I want to know; the content will surely be duplicate in all (most?) cases and so, what’s the process? Download and overwrite the existing content? (I’m talking about sound banks and default refills etc)

What’s the best way to basically install 11 with no clashes or issues with 10?

Also, I heard that this upgrade gets rid of all the content shortcuts and refills in the browser... is that right? What can I do to keep my layout for my assets and content?

Thank you for any tips!

bigguy1

28 Dec 2019

I bought Reason 11 Suite yesterday. After installing all of my Reason 10 customization was gone (which was there in the Reason 11 demo). All my favorites, preferences and my vst-images were gone.

But don't worry. There ist a sticky thread here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631 which is about the Reason file locations. Simply copy the vst-images and the favorites to the corresponding Reason 11 Suite folder. Worked for me...

mrain

28 Dec 2019

Thank you!

Did you just go ahead and install everything; all the included sound packs, etc? - despite most being already included with 10?

So in simple terms; is it best to just install 11 as though you’d never had reason before? I ask because surely; there will be two of many things, in that case...

bigguy1

29 Dec 2019

I did not download soundbanks or rack extensions once more. I had all the REs as trial versions a few month ago and after registering Reason 11 Suite they were working again without downloading. Also the soundbanks of Reason 10 are still working. No need to redownload...

• Information