Kong Master Fx "On" Button

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
skie

29 Dec 2019

Say you have all your Kong pads routed to the Master kong output. You don't have any Bus Fx or Master Fx (just blank plates) but the "On" buttons are engaged for each. Would this affect the Kong master output volume in any way? I feel like I'm hearing a very slight volume bump when Master Fx is "On" even if it's just a blank plate. Anybody know this to be true? Thank you!

Aquila

29 Dec 2019

Nope. Just checked it and the master bus button makes no difference. You've either got something else going on or it could even be psychosomatic.

Best way to check is to enable and watch the Big Meter at the top of the rack when you toggle it.

skie

29 Dec 2019

Aquila wrote:
29 Dec 2019
Nope. Just checked it and the master bus button makes no difference. You've either got something else going on or it could even be psychosomatic.

Best way to check is to enable and watch the Big Meter at the top of the rack when you toggle it.
For sure. I'm seeing no difference either. I have a couple mp3's I bounced where the only difference is turning off Master and Bus FX on buttons. Could I email you 1 or 2 of them to get your opinion and confirm if I'm tripping? lol

skie

29 Dec 2019

I feel like its the Bus Fx "on" button if anything.

Edit: Its definitely all in my head. No difference.

selig
RE Developer

29 Dec 2019

skie wrote:
29 Dec 2019
I feel like I'm hearing a very slight volume bump when Master Fx is "On" even if it's just a blank plate. Anybody know this to be true? Thank you!
Is it true that you are "feeling" like you're hearing a volume bump? Only you would know!
Why not measure it instead and know for sure if there's a volume change?

Feelings are essential for creating music, but measurements are better for judging volume changes.

(I measured no volume change, nor should there be any…)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information