Reason 11 Skippy Audio issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rexbrewer

10 Mar 2020

Hey everyone.

I've been a Reason user for 15 years now and just got myself a brand new Mac Mini running 3.2 6 Core Processor, 16GB of Ram and Mac OSX Catalina . I am experiencing a huge problem in only Reason. The other DAWs I use are Logic and Ableton and they do not have this problem at all. In fact my previous macbook pro from 2012 didn't have this issue so I don't really know what to do.

What happens is this: I start recording or playing back anything recorded and every bar or so the audio skips just slightly, like almost glitches for a millisecond. I've heard of this happening to other people too. I have all the boxes ticked that need to be, like I said I've been at this for 15 years. Just wondering whats happening with it now is all.

Thanks for any insight

Chris

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2020

I experience this issue as well. I thought it might be a over-heating/throttling issue because I'm running a heat prone 2018 i7 Macbook Pro .. Seems to happen alot more if I'm running more intense stuff or big sample based instruments, although it's not uncommon even on a fresh project.

IDosTheTechno

05 Sep 2021

I also experienced this glitch. It happened after leaving the program on for a couple of hours and coming back to an open song file. It would skip around when playing back. Skip forward skip backwards. It would also skip around even when stopped (very odd). I stopped using it for a few days and it miraculously went away. Now I uprgraded to reason 12 and right off the bat same glitch. So annoying. I use a PC incase you were curious. 32GB RAM i7core. So pretty darn fast.

plaamook

06 Sep 2021

What do the DSP and activity monitors look like? Running really hot?
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information