Reason 8 / file save as

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
raccoonboy

03 Apr 2020

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well

I'm wondering.. I have a file with loads of wav files within. about 1.5gb worth. Everytime I press 'Save As' and choose another file name so my old one is backed up it says 'copying files' and you can see loading until it reaches 1.5gb.

Where are these being copied (Mac)? Because they're not in the folder the wavs are originally in, does Reason have some sort of buffer folder it uses? I don't want 1.5 gigs getting copied 10 times on my computer as I'll run out of space.

thanks

bitley

03 Apr 2020

Select all audio tracks and delete the unused recordings. Should bring the size down. Reason is very smart and keeps all files inside the song file so you can move it without destroying reference points.

raccoonboy

09 Apr 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Apr 2020
Select all audio tracks and delete the unused recordings. Should bring the size down. Reason is very smart and keeps all files inside the song file so you can move it without destroying reference points.
I need all the tracks. So won't be deleting any.

To be honest that ain't really that smart. It'd be smarter if it kept ONE copy of these audio tracks so if you saved multiple versions of a song it didn't eat up your HD space. At least I know they are in the song file now though thanks. I'll just delete some of my backups.

bitley

09 Apr 2020

(The recorded tracks are all there, it just removes the unused takes.)

• Information