Reason Studios...Fix the Sync All!!!! Do it!!! What are you thinking??!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

Right...we all know right? We've been waiting and waiting and waiting for that Selective Sync button with checkboxes. It never comes. They know we want it. They must know we want it. Are YOU reading this Reason Studios???!!! Why aren't you doing it. We ALL want it (I'm pretty sure).
Today I downloaded the Pink Noise updates for Maia and Luna and guess what? They wouldn't show up in Reason...so the only way to get them to show is to "Sync All" which means getting all the REs on my account downloaded and then having to delete the ones I don't want again. This is a bug which has happened to me (and others) a number of times.
I don't get it...seriously. Such a basic function and still after years they're still completely ignoring us. YOU hear Reason Studios? YOU'RE STILL IGNORING US. I'd really like to know why but I guess you're just going to ignore that too.
Yours with disdain MrFigg.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

adfielding

30 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Right...we all know right? We've been waiting and waiting and waiting for that Selective Sync button with checkboxes. It never comes. They know we want it. They must know we want it. Are YOU reading this Reason Studios???!!!
+1. That said, I think a better solution would be to allow users to customise the instrument/effects lists in Reason itself, so you could keep all your REs installed but just "hide" the ones you're not using and still be able to open old projects that might use REs you no longer use. Keep everything active, just hide the stuff you're not currently using.

That said, what I'd REALLY love to be able to do would be to customise the right-click "add device" menu, so I could group devices the way I'd like rather than having everything grouped by developer. Being able to save & load profiles would be amazing as well, I'd love to have my devices list tailored per-project.

robotgard

30 Apr 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

robotgard wrote:
30 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2020
so the only way to get them to show is to "Sync All" which means getting all the REs on my account downloaded and then having to delete the ones I don't want again. This is a bug which has happened to me (and others) a number of times.
I updated the modules, but did not synchronize everything. All updated correctly.
Great!!! That’s the thing though. It doesn’t always work. And it’s not just me :).
At the end of the day though that’s not the main issue. The ability to check and uncheck which devices get downloaded on a “Sync All” has been sadly missing since the dawn of REs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

30 Apr 2020

yes please now or yesterday it was needed not tomorrow or next week. Now god-damn it

demt

30 Apr 2020

9 out of 10 things break if you stick your nose in it ! i sirpose it takes tlc years of tlc.
tlc= tender loving care
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

gregmarksimpson

30 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Right...we all know right? We've been waiting and waiting and waiting for that Selective Sync button with checkboxes. It never comes. They know we want it. They must know we want it. Are YOU reading this Reason Studios???!!! Why aren't you doing it. We ALL want it (I'm pretty sure).
Today I downloaded the Pink Noise updates for Maia and Luna and guess what? They wouldn't show up in Reason...so the only way to get them to show is to "Sync All" which means getting all the REs on my account downloaded and then having to delete the ones I don't want again. This is a bug which has happened to me (and others) a number of times.
I don't get it...seriously. Such a basic function and still after years they're still completely ignoring us. YOU hear Reason Studios? YOU'RE STILL IGNORING US. I'd really like to know why but I guess you're just going to ignore that too.
Yours with disdain MrFigg.
I kept chasing Propellerhead support about this (and asking them to delete REs I didn't want instead as an alternative) but it fell on deaf ears. I kept chasing it up so much that they eventually put me on a support blacklist meaning I cannot log any support tickets any more. Good luck getting Reason Studios to address the terrible Rack Extension management system that hasn't been upgraded since Reason 6.5 came out in 2012!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

gregmarksimpson wrote:
30 Apr 2020

I kept chasing Propellerhead support about this (and asking them to delete REs I didn't want instead as an alternative) but it fell on deaf ears. I kept chasing it up so much that they eventually put me on a support blacklist meaning I cannot log any support tickets any more. Good luck getting Reason Studios to address the terrible Rack Extension management system that hasn't been upgraded since Reason 6.5 came out in 2012!
Support blacklist?!! Woah! That is heavy. You really must have gone at them hard for them to do that. How many REs did you actually buy that you wanted them to remove? I only wrote to them once to get those two Aeon synths removed from my account and they did it the same day. I think they understood why.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

01 May 2020

ReasonTalk.
Come for the Reason talk. Stay for the visibly declining mental health.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

EdGrip wrote:
01 May 2020
ReasonTalk.
?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gregmarksimpson

01 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2020
gregmarksimpson wrote:
30 Apr 2020

Support blacklist?!! Woah! That is heavy. You really must have gone at them hard for them to do that. How many REs did you actually buy that you wanted them to remove? I only wrote to them once to get those two Aeon synths removed from my account and they did it the same day. I think they understood why.
I had 3 REs I wanted removing. They wouldn't delete them. I kept asking for them to do it, or a means for me to remove them/make them inactive myself. They said if you ask again we'll block you. I said that's terrible customer service and you shouldn't treat me like this. I got blocked.
EdGrip wrote:
01 May 2020
ReasonTalk.
Grappling with Reason can definitely have that affect on you if you try to make it too perfect; in the end it's better to accept the state it's in and just go away and make some music with it. That's ultimately what it's there for!!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

Annoying isn't it. No official forum where they communicate with the users or a private Facebook group, just crickets to requests, and outdated poorly functioning features that seems abandoned. I guess my hopes that the new CEO was going to change this culture was just in vain. It's been more than 6mo and I have yet to see any communication from him. Such a shame really...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!! FIX IT!!!!!!! I am so sick of the stupid, crap useless Authorizer. I DON'T WANT to have to SYNC ALL. And you know what...pressing the SYNC ALL button doesn't even guarantee that all the REs will be downloaded. Sometimes I have to press it 3 or 4 times before I get everything installed.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Noise
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

We all love reason (that's why we are all here, i hope) but reason has that "one" special issue that drives someone crazy. My special issue is now having to click everytime on the vst window to keep it open. Infurianting..
About the issue in this topic, since I have Reason+, sometimes it complains I have outdated extensions and that is not true.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Jagwah

28 Mar 2021

Props be like:

Billy+

28 Mar 2021

Don't Worry, We Will Get To Your Ticket ASAP

joeyluck

28 Mar 2021

Well if Companion replaces Authorizer in the future, then things should be better for everybody.

I know it's frustrating still having to deal with Authorizer issues, and I wish they could've fully replaced Authorizer with a content-locked Companion from the start, but to say that they haven't been developing and haven't taken Authorizer issues and suggestions into account isn't true, because Companion is proof of that. It's just too bad that Companion is the answer and not everybody has it yet.

EdwardKiy

28 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
28 Mar 2021
Well if Companion replaces Authorizer in the future, then things should be better for everybody.

I know it's frustrating still having to deal with Authorizer issues, and I wish they could've fully replaced Authorizer with a content-locked Companion from the start, but to say that they haven't been developing and haven't taken Authorizer issues and suggestions into account isn't true, because Companion is proof of that. It's just too bad that Companion is the answer and not everybody has it yet.
f companion. Fix the authorizer for ALL reason users and THEN take another 15 years to polish companion, drown the DAW in a river or whichever other great idea RS comes up with. See your ideas through from start to finish, success or failure, don't drop them half-assed like a bunch of amateurs. If they make it work in companion, but not in authorizer, they will still be the company who couldn't wrap their head around the concept of checkboxes in 15 years. That's like creating a whole new standard for failure. And what Adam said about the browser is also true. What a mess.

joeyluck

28 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
28 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
28 Mar 2021

f companion. Fix the authorizer for ALL reason users and THEN take another 15 years to polish companion, drown the DAW in a river or whichever other great idea RS comes up with. See your ideas through from start to finish, success or failure, don't drop them half-assed like a bunch of amateurs. If they make it work in companion, but not in authorizer, they will still be the company who couldn't wrap their head around the concept of checkboxes in 15 years. That's like creating a whole new standard for failure. And what Adam said about the browser is also true. What a mess.
Well I'm just saying that if they can replace Authorizer with Companion for everybody, then there wouldn't be a necessity to continue developing Authorizer. Again, it's too bad Companion couldn't have been available to everyone out of the gate. And I'm not 100% certain that they didn't try to update Authorizer with features and fixes and simply hit a wall because of the way it was written or what it was written with... But if Companion will ultimately replace Authorizer, then I don't think they should spend developing time on both. They should move forward with one and make it great and focus on Reason.

Billy+

28 Mar 2021

I don't care what they do so long as they don't require permanent internet access and they allow at least two machines to be authorised for off line use at minimum.

Creativemind

28 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2021
FIX IT!!!!!!!!!! FIX IT!!!!!!! I am so sick of the stupid, crap useless Authorizer. I DON'T WANT to have to SYNC ALL. And you know what...pressing the SYNC ALL button doesn't even guarantee that all the REs will be downloaded. Sometimes I have to press it 3 or 4 times before I get everything installed.
The only way to get them to fix it would be to all collectively agree not give them another dime until it's fixed. So when 12 comes out, make it clear to Reason Studio's that x amount of users WILL NOT upgrade until it's sorted but sadly I think people probably will still upgrade. They'd take notice if it cost them money.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

28 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2021
The only way to get them to fix it would be to all collectively agree not give them another dime until it's fixed. So when 12 comes out, make it clear to Reason Studio's that x amount of users WILL NOT upgrade until it's sorted but sadly I think people probably will still upgrade. They'd take notice if it cost them money.
So if Companion replaces Authorizer with R12 that would fix it.

I don't know if voting with upgrading or not upgrading helps to pinpoint any particular reason for upgrading or not upgrading. Now it seems that not upgrading only means less people upgrading versus people subscribing. So not upgrading could be seen as a vote for subscribing 🤔😆 Joking, but honestly when you think about it...

Billy+

28 Mar 2021

I don't think it's going to make any difference RS will do what RS does, I'm certain that current users are just not a concern for them anymore, but I guess we will have a better view in the next few months......

kuhliloach

28 Mar 2021

other daws have been doing this right for a long time, so why not Reason? funny thing is in addition to making customers happy this would also optimize server use on Reason Studios side of things since selective plug-in management means less data would be transmitted

Sorped

30 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2021
We'll never see another version of Reason if we have to wait for everyone's grievances to be solved that way.
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

• Information