Spider Audio Splitter Bug ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
inthewind

04 May 2020

Hello,

After watching a video on youtube about a problem when connecting audio out from Spider Audio splitter to the sidechain Input on the Master Section, i made the test on my side to see if i get the same results.

I have the same behaviour, the sound gets wider when connecting the audio out from the spider audio to the sidechain input of the master.
When replacing the Spider Audio splitter by the RE Polymodular Audio Splitter the problem doesn't show.

Anybody can test too ?

Here the youtube video with the problem and its corrective measure.

Thanks

selig
RE Developer

04 May 2020

There is an unintentional 64 sample delay on one channel caused by the bug when Spider is used in this particular way
This has been tested many times over the years, still waiting on a fix. Not sure what the hold up is, other than it's not something folks do with the spider every day (I know, that's not a good excuse, just grasping at straws as to what the thinking is).

Even with as much patching as I tend to do, I've never actually run into this myself, just helped research it with others initially found it years ago.

Selig Audio, LLC

Kalm

04 May 2020

I always thought I was crazy and used PolyModular to fix but I didn't care too much of it. I use SPEM most days now though.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Loque

04 May 2020

Create a ticket at Reason Studios.

I personally use only Polymodular Audio Splitter.
Reason12, Win10

• Information