Sample End for NN-XT Nano (in Kong)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
friday

19 Nov 2020

I've tried and tested a lot and I'm pretty sure that Decay and Length in Kong and Redrum always refer to the end of the sample (Redrum seems to have a faster curve). Unfortunately, this is usually not enough for me to shorten long kicks so that they sit in the mix. My solution was to shorten the sample with the sample editor and make a fade out.

Now that it is clear that the guys in Sweden have to re-render the old devices because of HighRes,
I wish nothing more than that they take the chance and add a sample end button.

Because I work more and more with alternate samples, that would massively improve the workflow so that I don't have to shorten each sample individually!

An attempt where the button could be placed:
Kong_SampleEND_Mockup_001.jpg
Kong_SampleEND_Mockup_001.jpg (199.66 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Attachments
Kong vs Redrum Decay Behavior 003.jpg
Kong vs Redrum Decay Behavior 003.jpg (261.03 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Last edited by friday on 19 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

19 Nov 2020

I know your problem...sigh...And i would not bet on a solution very soon. Better use Grain or just the sequencer+volume automation or stretching to fit your sample. And tbh, i only use NNXT because i do not want to change all samples in the track when i want to change something - whish there were ghost-clips or whatever they are called...
Reason12, Win10

• Information