Should I buy the Suite upgrade now?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stp2015

18 Jan 2021

I am still on 10. I think in the past, they have given free upgrades to anyone who purchased within two weeks before the release of the new version, right?

I am a little bit worried that there will be no 11 Suite version.

2chris

18 Jan 2021

I updated to Reason Suite from 10 when they did the 30% off sale in December. While I think it is worth the full price, it’s just not to me when I have too much other stuff. I wanted RRP and the price difference to get some of the good devices made sense - so I did it. In all honesty, I would have waited without the 30% off incentive.

I don’t think we have a new version coming soon, but it’s a pure guess. If you want it and you use reason a lot, buy it. The main highlight though is RRP so if you’re not about that, this isn’t the best update.

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Jan 2021

We are at the point in Reason’s release cycle where the next major version could either be unveiled weeks from now, or it could be another nine months. In other words, we’re approaching the shortest recent interval between major versions, while the longest recent interval would put the next major version sometime this fall.

Given that the hiDPI update is still in progress, I think later is more likely for Reason 12.

• Information