reason 12 early access

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scotward57

02 Aug 2021

Billy seems to be the perfect example of a customer confused by the R+ rollout disaster. Not his fault. The price a loyal customer pays for a company chasing after new customers. It would be better for Billy to change his name and strap on a shiny new smile, a new coat and a top hat...

WHY HELLO NEW CUSTOMER WELCOME TO RS!!! STEP RIGHT THIS WAY!!!l

Billy+

02 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
02 Aug 2021
Billy seems to be the perfect example of a customer confused by the R+ rollout disaster. Not his fault. The price a loyal customer pays for a company chasing after new customers. It would be better for Billy to change his name and strap on a shiny new smile, a new coat and a top hat...

WHY HELLO NEW CUSTOMER WELCOME TO RS!!! STEP RIGHT THIS WAY!!!l
I'm not confused with R+ and I wouldn't calm that it's a disaster.

maybe you should remove your red nose and big shoes before trying to understand the position that I have over R+ as you clearly haven't understood the discussion.....

R+ is an excellent choice for new customers but for someone who has purchased the DAW and devices available within the current service plan £20 a month for the content packs is a bit expensive, however I can see the point joey made about multiple tiers and how easily some people might become confused with more than one option.

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Aug 2021

maybe you should remove your red nose and big shoes before trying to understand the position that I have over R+ as you clearly haven't understood the discussion.....

R+ is an excellent choice for new customers but for someone who has purchased the DAW and devices available within the current service plan £20 a month for the content packs is a bit expensive, however I can see the point joey made about multiple tiers and how easily some people might become confused with more than one option.
There's no way to avoid these sorts of issues when a new offering is made.

If you create an offer to get XYZ devices for a massive discount, then everyone with those devices will say, "but I already have those devices, $ABC.99 is way too much for the 2 devices I don't have."

But if they don't create these offerings, then people without any of the devices will be saying, "but DAW #789 offers XYZ type devices for $ABC.99, ... why should I spend so much in Reason when there are discounted bundles elsewhere?"

Basically, you can't win.

If Reason gives away an existing Rack Extension with a new version of Reason, people without the RE might complain that there's nothing extra for them as they already have it. Without that offer, new users can't be gifted that RE.

You can make the same complaints about just about anything. A pack of 12 has more than I need, while I pack of 10 has too little.

.... and this is why Goldilocks gets eaten by the bears.

Billy+

02 Aug 2021

avasopht wrote:
02 Aug 2021

There's no way to avoid these sorts of issues when a new offering is made.

.... and this is why Goldilocks gets eaten by the bears.
Not to completely derail the topic going over old ground as I have very much accepted the position that RS has taken and like other have taken advantage of the generous £3 for 3 months offering to satisfy my needs for the content packs but,

There was / is definitely a different way to accomplish what RS wanted to if James saw Reason and the Devices as the value and the content packs are just a bit of candy then the packs features could have been included within the perpetual licensing fee and could then be used to showcase their devices.

Subscription users would have access to all for one fee while perpetual users could trial and buy any missing devices used in the content packs.

But I've said this many times before and understand that's not what's on offer but it's definitely an option that would make more people happy than the current situation or maybe not given the general disappointment of late ;)

Either way my only concern during R+ rollout was loosing the option to buy rather than subscribe which RS said would not be their position and currently perpetual licensing is still available so with that and the discount code I'm happy.

Deep Schulzz

03 Aug 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
02 Aug 2021
Is there any information available on how to proceed with R12+ early access? For now R12+ is for me more or less unusasble. I opened a support ticket 19 days ago. But still no answer yet. :puf_unhappy:
Is there really no information as to whether something is happening with regard to the problems that many users currently have with R12 +?

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
03 Aug 2021
Is there really no information as to whether something is happening with regard to the problems that many users currently have with R12 +?
They're working on it.

Arrant
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2021

Just wanted to add my voice to those experiencing problems with R12 early access. If this early access is supposed to give R+ users some sort of bonus I think RS jumped the gun way too soon here, it's a pain more than anything.

Everything is just soo sluggish compared to R11. Even when mixing a relatively light project UI elements such as controls and meters are super slow and unresponsive compared to R11.
The GUI seems to refresh around 1-2 times per second.
I can't even move UI controls precisely because of the lag. Using a spectral EQ is just impossible.

Oh, I am talking about VSTs by the way, which is what I mainly use for mixdown. Native devices and REs are better, except when you try to browse for something which is again A LOT slower than R11.

EDIT:
- It only happens during playback (DSP-meter around 50%, so it's not that)
- It only affects VST effects. VST synths seem ok.
- Some VST effects may also be fine. Waves plugins seem to be affected the worst, but it's not exclusively them.

scotward57

03 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Aug 2021

Ok I'm changing what I said about Billy to VERY confused. Here I was trying to help and defend him.

freshkidblaze

03 Aug 2021

Is anyone experiencing infrequent crashes with the rack plugin in other daws while doing daw native things (like resampling in ableton)?.

joeyluck

03 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
03 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Aug 2021

Ok I'm changing what I said about Billy to VERY confused. Here I was trying to help and defend him.
You're pretty confusing to follow as well :lol:

What happened to this stance just a few months ago?

viewtopic.php?p=555796#p555796
scotward57 wrote:
18 May 2021
OMG the whining about R+ and so-called missing DAW features.

1. You don't have to subscribe if you don't want to. Why whine about it?
2. Whatever you think is missing in Reason's DAW can be found in another DAW. Go buy that other DAW and be done with it you cheap bastard! You can still use Reason within it.
Billy has voiced his criticisms plenty. I find it interesting the box you are placing Billy in of all people. He found a deal he likes for now and took advantage. Seems pretty simple to me.

But if we can all refrain from making any personal attacks, that would be great :-)

gullum

03 Aug 2021

avasopht wrote:
03 Aug 2021
Deep Schulzz wrote:
03 Aug 2021
They're working on it.
haven't they been working on it for years now? :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Aug 2021

maybe you should remove your red nose and big shoes before trying to understand the position that I have over…
Hahahahaha Billy. That actually made me laugh out loud. 😂😂😂. I’m actually still laughing as I write this. :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

03 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Aug 2021

maybe you should remove your red nose and big shoes before trying to understand the position that I have over…
Hahahahaha Billy. That actually made me laugh out loud. 😂😂😂. I’m actually still laughing as I write this. :):):)
Well it's good to laugh :thumbup:

PhillipOrdonez

03 Aug 2021

Image donkeys talking about ears... ¿Understanding? That's so passé 😂

Billy+

03 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
03 Aug 2021
But if we can all refrain from making any personal attacks, that would be great :-)
Sorry joey but I just couldn't find any other way to express my lack of interest in the comments concerning my attire.

personally I prefer baggy trousers braces and pork pie trilby ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Aug 2021
Image donkeys talking about ears... ¿Understanding? That's so passé 😂
Huh?
🏁
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Faastwalker

03 Aug 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
02 Aug 2021
gullum wrote:
03 Aug 2021
They're working on it.
avasopht wrote:
03 Aug 2021
haven't they been working on it for years now? :D

'Early access' beta test currently underway!! :? I can't believe everything is going to be ready on September 1st at this rate.

FiatLux

04 Aug 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
03 Aug 2021

'Early access' beta test currently underway!! :? I can't believe everything is going to be ready on September 1st at this rate.
Judging from just my own difficulties across multiple computers running v12.
Slow performance, a number of graphics errors, huge increase in RAM and CPU usage.
I have to concur...I think v12 is likely to still have a number of issues at launch.
Really disappointing, especially considering how few new features are being added.

deigm

04 Aug 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Aug 2021

PX7 along with the A-List products were discontinued at the exact time of the Reason+ launch products precisely to avoid this sort of scenario from occurring. In other words, it's not a coincidence that those products were discontinued when they were.

We wanted to make it super clear that, anything we make ourselves, with the Reason Studios name on it, is always included in the subscription. These specific products had licensing terms that didn't make it possible for us to include them in Reason+ because we didn't own them entirely ourselves, hence the action we took to discontinue those products before the launch. The result being, there are no Reason Studios devices that aren't included in Reason+.

Now, could a situation occur where we discontinue one of our own devices, (I dunno, say Pattern Mutator or Algoritm), that we own entirely - and pull it from Reason+? In theory yes, but it seems very unlikely and RS has no track record of removing support for our own devices.

Hope that clears things up!
Was it not possible to just rename PX7? Drop the reason studios name and call it 'Employee's PX7' and keep selling it separately?

helmutson

04 Aug 2021

I`m afraid RS has serious problems ... it's all so uncommon for this company ... from my experience :puf_unhappy:

tiker01

04 Aug 2021

FiatLux wrote:
04 Aug 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
03 Aug 2021

Slow performance, a number of graphics errors, huge increase in RAM and CPU usage.
I have to concur...I think v12 is likely to still have a number of issues at launch.
Really disappointing, especially considering how few new features are being added.
The version released to R+ is no the latest. The beta and the early access are two parallel things. Not to mention that there may be builds RS is testing internally. So no worries there is time till 1st of September ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

PhillipOrdonez

04 Aug 2021

freshkidblaze wrote:
03 Aug 2021
Is anyone experiencing infrequent crashes with the rack plugin in other daws while doing daw native things (like resampling in ableton)?.
Not had issues so far. Can you describe how you would resample in live with the RRP?

Tinnitus

04 Aug 2021

helmutson wrote:
04 Aug 2021
I`m afraid RS has serious problems ... it's all so uncommon for this company ... from my experience :puf_unhappy:
Makes me sad to read that. I suspect this maybe related to legacy code base. I do hope they push back r12 to a time they are comfortable releasing it. No point being wed to artificial deadlines if stability use lacking. Still using r10 at present with my 11 suite instruments.

FiatLux

04 Aug 2021

I am running the latest beta...d145.
Still having issues, and it's not isolated to just one computer.
Have you ever looked at the difference in RAM and CPU usage between 11 and 12 (non-logging).
It is quite significant, and when you see that as a constant across multiple machines,
it indicates that it is not a "bug", but just the way r12 is going to be.
tiker01 wrote:
04 Aug 2021
FiatLux wrote:
04 Aug 2021

The version released to R+ is no the latest. The beta and the early access are two parallel things. Not to mention that there may be builds RS is testing internally. So no worries there is time till 1st of September ;)

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2021

FiatLux wrote:
04 Aug 2021
I am running the latest beta...d145.
Still having issues, and it's not isolated to just one computer.
Have you ever looked at the difference in RAM and CPU usage between 11 and 12 (non-logging).
It is quite significant, and when you see that as a constant across multiple machines,
it indicates that it is not a "bug", but just the way r12 is going to be.
They've got plenty of time, plus we've no real idea where they're really at.

It will be behind the beta.

• Information