Reason 1 for NES Emulator?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Re8et
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2021

I had this idea of making a NES emulator on the Pi Pico which has RGB video out.
Just to test some NES homebrew Synths I have lying around...
Then I thought, if was possible to have a Reason 1 port for the NES, add a video out rack extension, an SD card for import/export of sounds, video, patches, midi, controller drivers, etc.
I made some drawings for a Pi Pico driven double NES controller with analog multiplexers for allowing more buttons/pad combinations.
Convert two buttons to clock and gate inputs, and an 8 channels faders mixer. A pseudo mouse with one pad, stop, play and rec buttons, and a switch button; using start/.select.
I think it's totally doable on the PI Pico and I have seen there is already a NES emulator for the thing.
The video rack extension could have a full screen mode, and the rack could keep patch compatibility with v1 subtractor, N16, Redrum, Dr.Rex.
Everything would be downsampled to 8 bit rate.
It could get authorization based on PI ID device, or just run on a PC/Android NES emulators, self-contained in the Reason NES edition EXE for piracy protection.
It would be gorgeous.
Just for the 8 bit video out UI imagine it could sell more than Reason 12 alone.
It could save/recall states in standalone and work as a Synth on its own, Just like presets, whilst the video out could output the Vj stuff....
the harder thing would be coding a good port with wav import and sd access, not easy project...
Certainly it's something that would require massive collab to sort it out...

Priorities... what ya think??? Will it be ever??? :re: :o :thumbup:

• Information