Reason 12 TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Excitement level readings??????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 12’s out in 5 days

I’m excited
54%
I’m not excited
29%
I don’t care
17%

Total votes: 228
sonicbyte

31 Aug 2021

Any benchmarks or estimated measures for cpu/memory impact between Reason 11 vs Reason 12 ?

Tiny Montgomery

31 Aug 2021

New version of R12 now in companion!

altron

31 Aug 2021

As for me, I'm looking forward to the new version, as I did with every new, major Reason release since version 1, I just probably have to find the well hidden upgrade option on their website.

But I will never use Reason+.

5le0w4.jpg
5le0w4.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
Trap is where music goes to die.

Tiny Montgomery

31 Aug 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Well companion told me the new version was available but the download seems to be same version.....?

RoryM0

31 Aug 2021

I'm on R10. Will R12 install alongside that or will it overwrite? Will I need to do any de-authorising nonsense on the RS site to achieve a painless installation process?

chimp_spanner

31 Aug 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
I'm on R10. Will R12 install alongside that or will it overwrite? Will I need to do any de-authorising nonsense on the RS site to achieve a painless installation process?
You can have every version of Reason installed separately. I still have 11 Suite on, just in case anything unforseen with R12 means I can't open a project or whatever. Not that that's happened at any point during testing though. So all good!

chimp_spanner

31 Aug 2021

sonicbyte wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Any benchmarks or estimated measures for cpu/memory impact between Reason 11 vs Reason 12 ?
Memory will necessarily be a BIT higher for improved graphics but honestly, it's not a huge amount. At least not from my experience.

Performance *definitely* feels better for me. Projects that used to sputter and crackle when scrolling (or displaying a lot of animated elements like spectrum analysers) are now smooth and the DSP bar is way less jittery. It sits at a nice stable level of usage once the project is going. I'm guessing this is because my computer can now assign graphics to the GPU and leave the CPU for everything else?

That's been my experience so far anyway!

RoryM0

31 Aug 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
31 Aug 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
You can have every version of Reason installed separately. I still have 11 Suite on, just in case anything unforseen with R12 means I can't open a project or whatever. Not that that's happened at any point during testing though. So all good!
Thank you good sir.

Bes
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
31 Aug 2021

since the Authorizer is getting an update too then i expect a fresh install is the way to go for those of us using offline play
- Certified Reason expert

Tiny Montgomery

31 Aug 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Well companion told me the new version was available but the download seems to be same version.....?

If anyone in RS is reading the companion app is saying there is a new version available. The download it points to 12.1.0d2. That is the current version. I also have suite 11 latest version installed, companion aware of both.

Please take a look. Thank you.

Arrant
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

The way I understand it there's a new version of Companion available, not a new version of R12?

Tiny Montgomery

31 Aug 2021

Yes when you restart companion after update it says you're not running latest version of R12 and offers a button to download in the 'Install Reason' tab.

jamespember
Reason Studios

31 Aug 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
31 Aug 2021

If anyone in RS is reading the companion app is saying there is a new version available. The download it points to 12.1.0d2. That is the current version. I also have suite 11 latest version installed, companion aware of both.

Please take a look. Thank you.
I assume you're in the Companion beta channel. We pushed an update this afternoon in advance of tomorrow. So, for now it returns the same version you already have. Tomorrow morning it will return something new :)

Apologies for the confusion there, we just wanted to get some changes out today to test a few things in advance of tomorrow. So you can ignore this prompt for the rest of the day.

Tiny Montgomery

31 Aug 2021

Oh go on give us subs a little taster today!

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

Looking forward to seeing some combi2 videos and seeing if there is anything else included that we don't know about. I sincerely hope reason have some in depth videos ready to drop tomorrow to cover this area and promote it.

Also be good to know what update price from 11 to 12 is and still hopeful for some sort of deal 😂

Tiny Montgomery

31 Aug 2021

Popey wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Looking forward to seeing some combi2 videos and seeing if there is anything else included that we don't know about. I sincerely hope reason have some in depth videos ready to drop tomorrow to cover this area and promote it.
+1

MannequinRaces

31 Aug 2021

I was somewhat excited until I learned I need to upgrade my OSX. Haven’t been making music or even time to think it these days so I’ll wait for all the kinks to get worked out. Most interested in the new combinator though. That should be fun!

jjpscott01

31 Aug 2021

Very Excited. I'll buy it outright at the upgrade price as soon as its out.
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 5 | CUBASE 13 | SSL2+ | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

npinero1

31 Aug 2021

I have been upgrading since version 2.5. I will, yet again upgrade, this time to R12.
I hope there are some surprises but I am not expecting any. As long as VST3 is on the way before end of year I am a happy camper. I have quite a few VST3 plugins I would LOVE to use in Reason.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Creativemind

31 Aug 2021

Jagwah wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Wouldn't we normally have a fair idea of what is in the upgrade at this point, and know if we want to race out and buy it ASAP? I know nothing about the new combinator and it drops tomorrow or there abouts, I find that unusual.
Yeah it's rather odd? Will there be a promo vid tomorrow? Wish you could tag people in this forum, I'd have tagged Mattius.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Noiserunner

31 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Jagwah wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Wouldn't we normally have a fair idea of what is in the upgrade at this point, and know if we want to race out and buy it ASAP? I know nothing about the new combinator and it drops tomorrow or there abouts, I find that unusual.
Yeah it's rather odd? Will there be a promo vid tomorrow? Wish you could tag people in this forum, I'd have tagged Mattius.
One might think that the Reason stand alone users are no longer in the front row.
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

Billy+

31 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Jagwah wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Haven't we been getting told for months now?

Posted 17 May 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/announcing-reason-12

Hires
Mimic
CMBv2

There's only one video left to be official released CMBv2, we got live stream for mimic a quick video for hi res these are the features announced nothing else.

Last edited by Billy+ on 31 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

31 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Haven't we been getting told for months now?

Hires
Mimic
CMBv2

There's only one video left to be official released CMBv2, we got live stream for mimic a quick video for hi res these are the features announced nothing else.
Yes but told is different from a promo vid. They've announced 2 devices, the hi-res, zooming and a slightly improved searching in the browser. We had a video from Ryan on Mimic with a later stream with Mattius. No promo video like we've had for 11 other versions showcasing the whole of what R12 includes. if you aren't on 12 like me, you haven't had a chance to properly see the Hi-Res yet, just bits and bobs on streams and leaked pics and what about the feature's in the actual daw, you're indicating we're not getting any, well that's not true so where's the showcase of those?

If in fact you are right and we aren't getting anything in terms of functionality then that's a kick in the teeth for any standalone only users if you ask me.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

31 Aug 2021

I would guess that we will see more tomorrow, along with another massive thread of joy and disappointment, followed with a new feature request thread, rinse repeat roll on 12.5 :lol:

Billy+

31 Aug 2021

Think it's time to setup AMS with cinematic sound pack and Reason talk on the big screen with my feet up a few beers and a large bowl of popcorn

• Information