Reason 12 TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Excitement level readings??????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 12’s out in 5 days

I’m excited
54%
I’m not excited
29%
I don’t care
17%

Total votes: 228
Social Exodus

31 Aug 2021

I think I'm most excited to see the impending exploding thread once it releases with competing praise and hate vying for control.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Social Exodus

31 Aug 2021

slic wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Funny, I just find Reaper an ugly cluttered mess with dreadful workflow as they just threw the kitchen sink at it…. Just setting it up felt like I had programmed the DAW myself….it feels and updates like open source software, some people love that stuff I guess, not for me.
One man's cluttered mess is another man's incredibly adaptable interface lol

Apparently you can do anything to adjust your environment to your particular needs.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
31 Aug 2021
plaamook wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Shifting graphics to the GPU should smooth things out. If it doesn’t, why bother.
Smooth things out doesn't mean better performance, fact is bigger graphics means more ram for images i.e. Less available for samples etc ;)

I will definitely be running my own tests with my own projects to see for myself if I actually get better performance rather than "it feels better"
The GPU has its own memory, so could actually use less RAM.

Billy+

31 Aug 2021

Gardinski wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Does it launch at midnight, or is it more likely to be 9am?

(Trying to decide whether to go to bed or not tonight.) :lol:
Go to bed, it won't be midnight :thumbs_up:

I will be going to play snooker for most of the day and will no doubt have to read through a ton of posts before I catch up :lol:

I'm more excited about going out and playing snooker which I do every week than V12 release day....

craste

31 Aug 2021

It’s such a shame that only 54% of the people responding to the poll are excited about the next version of Reason.

That would really demoralise me if I worked for Reason Studios. If there are some much needed sequencer update surprises tomorrow I think people will be so happy and will upgrade instantly!

If there are no sequencer updates I think people will dumbfounded as to why not and will think - ‘what the hell is going on decision making wise there’.

I think RS has actively encouraged people to try forbidden fruit (other DAW’s) with the Rack plug-in, but many of course have better workflow features which Reason lacks.
Reason Studios, most of your fans here don’t want to switch to another DAW, they love using Reason but are really frustrated with the way things appear to be heading.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings. If there are quality sequencer updates then Insta-buy, if not then I’ll put the money towards a VST in my second favourite DAW ‘ Live’.

gullum

31 Aug 2021

Gardinski wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Does it launch at midnight, or is it more likely to be 9am?

(Trying to decide whether to go to bed or not tonight.) :lol:
midnight is 24 hours around the globe so it be released at midnight somewhere

Creativemind

31 Aug 2021

slic wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Funny, I just find Reaper an ugly cluttered mess with dreadful workflow as they just threw the kitchen sink at it…. Just setting it up felt like I had programmed the DAW myself….it feels and updates like open source software, some people love that stuff I guess, not for me.
It's as smooth as can be once you learn it. Took me a few months learn it but then so did Reason when I first got it in 2012 but was a novice then. I want a RRP loaded into a track with a 909 drum kit on it split into 10 separate channels, labelled correspondingly (kick, snare etc) all within a folder, I have it saved as a Track Template. I also have 10 bars or more of a 4 on the floor kick drum that loads in with it too as it saves midi information in the track template too. Track template as opposed to a Project Template. Not to be confused.

I know it seems a lot to set up at first and can seem overwhelming but now, I find it so quick, fluent and smooth as I know exactly where everything is. Believe me, it's worth persevering, along withe RRP it's a dream.

Only let down - the gui (especially no gui on the effects) and no stock synths or presets but thank god users can design their own themes. I sport the Logic 3.80 theme and as for synths, that's where the RRP comes in and VST.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Eusantis

31 Aug 2021

Tomorrow in what part of the world?

It's tomorrow in Europe. But there is nothing in the web.

Eusantis

31 Aug 2021

craste wrote:
31 Aug 2021
It’s such a shame that only 54% of the people responding to the poll are excited about the next version of Reason.

That would really demoralise me if I worked for Reason Studios. If there are some much needed sequencer update surprises tomorrow I think people will be so happy and will upgrade instantly!

If there are no sequencer updates I think people will dumbfounded as to why not and will think - ‘what the hell is going on decision making wise there’.

I think RS has actively encouraged people to try forbidden fruit (other DAW’s) with the Rack plug-in, but many of course have better workflow features which Reason lacks.
Reason Studios, most of your fans here don’t want to switch to another DAW, they love using Reason but are really frustrated with the way things appear to be heading.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings. If there are quality sequencer updates then Insta-buy, if not then I’ll put the money towards a VST in my second favourite DAW ‘ Live’.

This is because of Reasonstudios' horrendous marketing policy, because I am really very interested in the 12, but they have done everything possible to keep my hype fairly discreet.

fieldframe
RE Developer

31 Aug 2021

craste wrote:
31 Aug 2021

That would really demoralise me if I worked for Reason Studios.
Worth remembering that the people who post on this forum likely account for less than 1% of active Reason users.

Faastwalker

31 Aug 2021

It’s 1am on Stockholm. Come on RS. RELEASE!! :D

gullum

31 Aug 2021

and even so the 1% maybe not be that way of, most pools do not include the whole population at a country yet they are often quite accurate

EdwardKiy

31 Aug 2021

fieldframe wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Worth remembering that the people who post on this forum likely account for less than 1% of active Reason users.
Yes, we are the tolerant bunch. The rest of the users commenting on RS output via other media platforms would have been banned here :lol:

EnochLight

31 Aug 2021

craste wrote:
31 Aug 2021

That would really demoralise me if I worked for Reason Studios.
There is barely 250+ regularly active users in this forum, and less than that even responded to the poll... OUT OF TENS OF THOUSANDS OF REGISTERED USERS WHO OWN REASON. Trust me, Reasontalk represents a tiny microscopic portion of the users out there.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

GRB

31 Aug 2021

Besides, Reaper can be zoomed at any % and there are no *cough* pixeled transport-bar buttons *cough* like in certain software that has reached the 12 version today :)

Speaking about it, I've just made a song in Reason and the DAW does his job as it is, sure it could be vastly improved but you can make music exactly as it is now. The HD GUI is nice and for most things that others DAW have you can make it work in Reason

Off course I will appreciate more features (displaying individual notes on piano roll) and many things more (i.e. NOT having a jagged transport buttons at 140% one of the most important and that is already released on 12.1d2 if you are a Reason+ subscriber :shock: )
Creativemind wrote:
31 Aug 2021
slic wrote:
31 Aug 2021
It's as smooth as can be once you learn it. Took me a few months learn it but then so did Reason when I first got it in 2012 but was a novice then. I want a RRP loaded into a track with a 909 drum kit on it split into 10 separate channels, labelled correspondingly (kick, snare etc) all within a folder, I have it saved as a Track Template. I also have 10 bars or more of a 4 on the floor kick drum that loads in with it too as it saves midi information in the track template too. Track template as opposed to a Project Template. Not to be confused.

I know it seems a lot to set up at first and can seem overwhelming but now, I find it so quick, fluent and smooth as I know exactly where everything is. Believe me, it's worth persevering, along withe RRP it's a dream.

Only let down - the gui (especially no gui on the effects) and no stock synths or presets but thank god users can design their own themes. I sport the Logic 3.80 theme and as for synths, that's where the RRP comes in and VST.
Last edited by GRB on 01 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

EnochLight

31 Aug 2021

GRB wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Besides, Reaper can be zoomed at any % and there are no *cough* pixeled transport-bar buttons *cough* like in certain software that has reached the 12 version today :)
Now, if Cockos could only fix Reaper so it was actually inspiring to work in like Reason, instead of being a convoluted mess of blandness. ;) :cool:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

31 Aug 2021

......... 1pm here on 1st September, 5:00am in Stockholm :crazy:

I'm hanging here! Got some shit to do in Combinator 2!! :D

michael.jaye

31 Aug 2021

1:15pm here in Sydney. If I have to wait much longer I may start to get excited.

rorystorm

31 Aug 2021

3.33 pm in Wellington. Feel a little bit like a kid at Xmas.

Have to say tho if its all lacking on the QOL front I'm gonna be thinking new DAW thoughts. Probably Reaper.

michael.jaye

31 Aug 2021

rorystorm wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Have to say tho if its all lacking on the QOL front I'm gonna be thinking new DAW thoughts. Probably Reaper.
I'm still of the mindset that since adding VST, every other feature is just icing on the cake.

raymondh

01 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
31 Aug 2021
GRB wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Now, if Cockos could only fix Reaper so it was actually inspiring to work in like Reason, instead of being a convoluted mess of blandness. ;) :cool:

Ha - I'll bite :)

I concur that Reaper is nowhere near as pretty as Reason. And while the UI can be skinned & customised, I'd rather not. Would rather have bog standard, knowing it will be compatible with future versions.

Visual aesthetics aside: If I have a new idea bubbling round and want to start jamming/producing straight away, I go for Reaper every time.
It's much faster, easier to be organised as the project grows (track folders), MIDI with good timing/no jitter, much faster MIDI note/piano roll editing, etc... Opening devices etc I don't lose context within the sequencer the way I do in Reason, and I can add as many ReSpires or VK-2s as I want without running out of DSP (slight exaggeration but I would get probably 2x or 2.5x device count). So tracking and arranging, overall I am more inspired by Reaper.

But when I want to dive further into sound design, effecting the audio, mixing etc, then I am much more inspired using Reason (rack plugin). At least until I can afford Fabfilter suite, I am much more inspired to use Reason rack extensions and even the native Reason FX devices in the joy of tweaking sounds and effects.

I think Reason Studios did a fantastic job in their implementation of the Reason Rack Plug-in.
And to that end, if they do nothing on the sequencer, I won't feel like I want to throw my toys out of the cot, with the inevitable disappointment on that front :)

plaamook

01 Sep 2021

rorystorm wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Already installed it as a kind of bail out possibility. 😎

I’m actually curious about how it can be configured. I just don’t have the time at the mo to get stuck into it.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

rorystorm wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Just gone 3pm here in NSW …… I’m starting to feel like this is going to be a bed time release for this part of the world! :lol:

rorystorm

01 Sep 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
01 Sep 2021
rorystorm wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Just gone 3pm here in NSW …… I’m starting to feel like this is going to be a bed time release for this part of the world! :lol:
Yup, no sleep tonight

Miguel da Wu

01 Sep 2021

don't always expect so much from a new version. nothing revolutionary will come. 2-3 new devices, some workflow improvements and this hi-res. and that was it!

• Information