R12.2d36 / MacOS 10.15.5: Midi clip import crashes Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eusti

11 Sep 2021

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned: On my system trying to drag in a midi clip (behavior that used to work in R11) crashes Reason for me.
I'm on a Mac. Not happy! Can import clip through menu though.

D.

Billy+

12 Sep 2021

Is it limited to a type (0 or 1) or is this happening every single time you drag n drop?

I've not tested midi import I will have a go later on windows as I've not installed R12 on my Mac

Billy+

12 Sep 2021

I can confirm that drag n drop midi also results in an exception error on windows.

Clicking abort results in Reason standalone shutting down
Clicking ignore allows the midi to load but causes a long delay while calc processes

I haven't reported this to RS but I would suggest it is reported.

rootwheel

13 Sep 2021

The thing I don't really understand about recent Reason releases is these regressive bugs. Things that used to work becoming broken somehow. There were a number of them in Reason 11, where things that worked fine in Reason 10 became buggy. It unfortunately seems like this has continued into Reason 12 development. Maybe it's due to some major refactoring work that's been occurring in the codebase and the speed at which they are developing.

Anyway, here's hoping they can re-stablise and get their reputation back as being the most stable and bug-free DAW on the market. The Reason of old was rock solid and very bug free. Reason 5 was released on August 25, 2010 and Reason 6 on October 31, 2011. Between that time Reason 5 had one single 5.0.1 update for a few minor bugs that most users wouldn't even experience in 5.0 - and none of those bugs were show-stopping-crash-the-DAW-without-saving-your-song bugs!

arqui

13 Sep 2021

the program has grown a lot, I suppose that because it is more and more complex, more errors appear ... I have faith that they will find and fix all the errors, and it will once again be solid and functional software ... meanwhile I will wait and continue in Reason 11.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Neo

13 Sep 2021

eusti wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned: On my system trying to drag in a midi clip (behavior that used to work in R11) crashes Reason for me.
I'm on a Mac. Not happy! Can import clip through menu though.

D.
PC here.
Drag in MIDI file locks up Reason here as-well. (Menu is ok)
Never upgraded to version of Reason that's been so buggy.

..as im typing here i just got an "Assertion failed!" error pop-up.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Neo

13 Sep 2021

rootwheel wrote:
13 Sep 2021
The thing I don't really understand about recent Reason releases is these regressive bugs. Things that used to work becoming broken somehow. There were a number of them in Reason 11, where things that worked fine in Reason 10 became buggy. It unfortunately seems like this has continued into Reason 12 development. Maybe it's due to some major refactoring work that's been occurring in the codebase and the speed at which they are developing.

Anyway, here's hoping they can re-stablise and get their reputation back as being the most stable and bug-free DAW on the market. The Reason of old was rock solid and very bug free. Reason 5 was released on August 25, 2010 and Reason 6 on October 31, 2011. Between that time Reason 5 had one single 5.0.1 update for a few minor bugs that most users wouldn't even experience in 5.0 - and none of those bugs were show-stopping-crash-the-DAW-without-saving-your-song bugs!
+1
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Sep 2021

Could not crash R12.2d36-Win by drag-n-dropping a midi clip. Tried it with many midi files.

• Information