sharing reason 12 assets across my local network

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jamierichards

26 Sep 2021

Is there a way to share Reason 12 packs and other assets from a PC to a MAC over my local network? They are both my devices.
LATEST TRACK - Something For Me (Furious Mix)

kitekrazy

26 Sep 2021

jamierichards wrote:
26 Sep 2021
Is there a way to share Reason 12 packs and other assets from a PC to a MAC over my local network? They are both my devices.
Is disk space an issue? I install everything on my machines. If you know how to share between 2 platforms refills should be no issue.

jamierichards

26 Sep 2021

It's not space - I'm just surprised that when I add any new packs it requires me to do it on both devices. It's a waste of space. There's nothing in a pack that wouldn't work if shared - pack content files don't launch & stay running- you find a sample or patch or anything in a pack, you add to Reason and that file is free to use.

I get the logic in installing on all your devices - however, I don't put 2TB of samples on both devices - I share it.

IMO, Reason needs to add a Pack Manager or even better an Asset Manager for samples, settings, incremental mixes, etc. (I take up about 2-4 GB per song because after I make a mix - I save it, then open another one.)

jamierichards

26 Sep 2021

Just had a thought - is there a config file for Reason where I could just edit the path of the Packs"

pushedbutton

26 Sep 2021

Reading this thread suggests it's not possible but it might give you some clues.

https://superuser.com/questions/210824/ ... in-windows
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

DaveyG

26 Sep 2021

Just manually move them to a shared folder and add them to the favourites for both platforms.

Biolumin3sc3nt

26 Sep 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 Sep 2021
Just manually move them to a shared folder and add them to the favourites for both platforms.
^^^this also if you can take off those pretentious Sunglasses you might shave off a Megabyte or 2

BonsaiMacKay

27 Sep 2021

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
26 Sep 2021
DaveyG wrote:
26 Sep 2021
^^^this also if you can take off those pretentious Sunglasses you might shave off a Megabyte or 2
We all will as soon as you stop glowing in the dark.

• Information