Bassline Generator is Here... Check Your Companion...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

15 Dec 2021

Mint wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
14 Dec 2021
I might've already asked this somewhere on here but don't recall getting a reply, is there a midi vst alternative to Bassline Generator anyone knows of?
Check out all this guys VSTs. Might find what you're looking for.

https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/
Melodic flow might be what I need. What I would like, is a plug-in that could analyse a chord progression in a clip (say 1 to 4 bars, any length really) and then come up with bass lines (maybe a few) that could fit and you could scroll or toggle through them and see which one fits best and maybe tweak it a little. I can come up with chord progressions easy enough and sometimes bass lines but coming up with more interesting bass lines than just off beat bass lines of the root note of the chord is what I want. Sometimes can stumble on something good by just humming a melody by ear but sometimes doesn't sound quite right in places and quite often not really happy with my results but obviously occasionally get happy accidents.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

QVprod

15 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Mint wrote:
14 Dec 2021

Check out all this guys VSTs. Might find what you're looking for.

https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/
Melodic flow might be what I need. What I would like, is a plug-in that could analyse a chord progression in a clip (say 1 to 4 bars, any length really) and then come up with bass lines (maybe a few) that could fit and you could scroll or toggle through them and see which one fits best and maybe tweak it a little. I can come up with chord progressions easy enough and sometimes bass lines but coming up with more interesting bass lines than just off beat bass lines of the root note of the chord is what I want. Sometimes can stumble on something good by just humming a melody by ear but sometimes doesn't sound quite right in places and quite often not really happy with my results but obviously occasionally get happy accidents.
This is quite literally EZ Bass

Creativemind

15 Dec 2021

QVprod wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
15 Dec 2021

What, it can generate a bass line from the chords and not just scrolling through a load of preset bass lines till one fits or something?

QVprod

15 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
15 Dec 2021
QVprod wrote:
15 Dec 2021

What, it can generate a bass line from the chords and not just scrolling through a load of preset bass lines till one fits or something?
Yes... Watch the video lol

BRIGGS

15 Dec 2021

'EZ' because 'easy' is harder. : )
r11s

Creativemind

15 Dec 2021

QVprod wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
15 Dec 2021

It's a 12 minute video, you could've just had it play at the correct moment. I watched 3 or 4 minutes of it and gave up. I was on my half hour lunch break at work and couldn't watch any more as I had to go back in.

EDIT - watched now. It looks brilliant but you still have to know which scale / key you're in I think but what you can do with it is great. 👍

QVprod

16 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
15 Dec 2021
QVprod wrote:
15 Dec 2021

It's a 12 minute video, you could've just had it play at the correct moment. I watched 3 or 4 minutes of it and gave up. I was on my half hour lunch break at work and couldn't watch any more as I had to go back in.

EDIT - watched now. It looks brilliant but you still have to know which scale / key you're in I think but what you can do with it is great. 👍
C’mon, you can’t expect everything to be done for you. And that portion starts at the 3 min mark. Don’t know how you missed it, but good you got to it.

EZBass follows the chords you select. You don’t have to set a scale. The video literally shows it doing everything you mentioned wanting here
Creativemind wrote:
15 Dec 2021
What I would like, is a plug-in that could analyse a chord progression in a clip (say 1 to 4 bars, any length really) and then come up with bass lines (maybe a few) that could fit and you could scroll or toggle through them and see which one fits best and maybe tweak it a little. I can come up with chord progressions easy enough and sometimes bass lines but coming up with more interesting bass lines than just off beat bass lines of the root note of the chord is what I want.

bossa
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2021

Good groove!
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Yeeeesss let's trial

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2021

I don't have that much to do with Reason nowadays but I do have Reason 11 Suite so I do keep my hand in.
I thought I'd have a peek at the Bassline Generator for a giggle so I downloaded the trial and really enjoyed getting a groove on really quickly. Coming up with basslines is not my forte so this will be a purchase I think.
Best thing is it can be used in the Reason Rack with midi out so I can hook it up in Cubase where I'm happier due to a sequencer/piano roll that doesn't get on my tits.
Nice one Reason people.

Grum.

ddrex
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2021

Here all the notes are generated with random selected basseline gerarators. The 3 voices the bass and the pluck. Really enjoying this player !

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2021

Grumbleweed wrote:
27 Dec 2021
I don't have that much to do with Reason nowadays but I do have Reason 11 Suite so I do keep my hand in.
I thought I'd have a peek at the Bassline Generator for a giggle so I downloaded the trial and really enjoyed getting a groove on really quickly. Coming up with basslines is not my forte so this will be a purchase I think.
Best thing is it can be used in the Reason Rack with midi out so I can hook it up in Cubase where I'm happier due to a sequencer/piano roll that doesn't get on my tits.
Nice one Reason people.

Grum.
Bought it.

MarkTarlton

29 Dec 2021

Grumbleweed wrote:
29 Dec 2021
Grumbleweed wrote:
27 Dec 2021
Nice one Reason people.

Grum.
Bought it.
It's been a while since I have seen you around, welcome back! Not sure if you noticed, but the rewards section of the shop has all the RS devices, and they recently credited back all the points that were expired for everyone, so check your account and see if you have any points!

Creativemind

29 Dec 2021

Grumbleweed wrote:
27 Dec 2021
Nice one Reason people.

Grum.
"Get on my tits" haha! I heard Karl Pilkington say that on Embrace the Suck watching An Idiot Abroad on You Tube earlier today.

The Grumbleweeds too. That takes me back 30 odd years.
Last edited by Creativemind on 29 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

29 Dec 2021

ddrex wrote:
29 Dec 2021
Here all the notes are generated with random selected basseline gerarators. The 3 voices the bass and the pluck. Really enjoying this player !

:thumbs_up:

Great use of Bassline Generator there. I never would've thought of using it on a sampler, well not one with a non bass sound sampled in it anyway.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
29 Dec 2021
Grumbleweed wrote:
29 Dec 2021

Bought it.

It's been a while since I have seen you around, welcome back! Not sure if you noticed, but the rewards section of the shop has all the RS devices, and they recently credited back all the points that were expired for everyone, so check your account and see if you have any points!
Hi Mark.
I'm always around, just not so much to say nowadays.
Kinda wish I'd looked at this rewards scheme thingy before I spent my cash!
I'll have to get something else now with my rewards. Live and learn I say.

Grum.

rorystorm

01 Jan 2022

I've been thinking about a workaround for getting Bassline Generator to play a sequence that's less than sixteen steps. Apologies if someone's already thought of this and I missed it.

You know if you put Bassline Generator into the Key mode, it only plays when it receives notes? So all you need to do is make a clip the length of however long you want your bass to be playing in your song, and then inside draw in a note that's the number of steps you want in Bassline Generator. eg if you want it to play a line that's seven steps long you make that note seven sixteenths, if you're running at a rate of 1/16. (Or if you're using a slower rate, you draw the note in that increment, ie seven eighths if you're running at 1/8. etc. ) And then just control-D the note until you reach the end of the clip. The sequence in Bassline Generator re-starts with the beginning of each note, so it only plays the first seven steps of that sequence before going back to the beginning to repeat.

Anyway it's late so I'm not as articulate as I'd like to be, but hopefully that makes sense!

gullum

02 Jan 2022

rorystorm wrote:
01 Jan 2022
I've been thinking about a workaround for getting Bassline Generator to play a sequence that's less than sixteen steps. Apologies if someone's already thought of this and I missed it.

You know if you put Bassline Generator into the Key mode, it only plays when it receives notes? So all you need to do is make a clip the length of however long you want your bass to be playing in your song, and then inside draw in a note that's the number of steps you want in Bassline Generator. eg if you want it to play a line that's seven steps long you make that note seven sixteenths, if you're running at a rate of 1/16. (Or if you're using a slower rate, you draw the note in that increment, ie seven eighths if you're running at 1/8. etc. ) And then just control-D the note until you reach the end of the clip. The sequence in Bassline Generator re-starts with the beginning of each note, so it only plays the first seven steps of that sequence before going back to the beginning to repeat.

Anyway it's late so I'm not as articulate as I'd like to be, but hopefully that makes sense!
fastest way would be just make the bass line in the sequencer. even if you use the bassline generator to come up with the line just get it into the sequencer and remove the generator and it be much easier to edit after.

rorystorm

02 Jan 2022

Yup, or that.
Tbh I think they're about equal in times of passing about. Tho the best way would be if you could just choose less than 16 steps in the device itself!
gullum wrote:
02 Jan 2022
rorystorm wrote:
01 Jan 2022

fastest way would be just make the bass line in the sequencer. even if you use the bassline generator to come up with the line just get it into the sequencer and remove the generator and it be much easier to edit after.

• Information