R12 refund. Enough is enough.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Barriott

20 Feb 2022

Hi,

Is there a place to log bugs?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2022

Barriott wrote:
20 Feb 2022
Hi,

Just throw them directly in the bin. That seems to be what RS do when anybody reports a bug.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2022

joeyluck wrote:
20 Feb 2022
Barriott wrote:
20 Feb 2022
Hi,

You can report bugs via the support request form:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can also report bugs via the beta program, if you join:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup
Thanks Joey. That was probably a better reply than my cynical response. Just getting more jaded by the day.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

20 Feb 2022

Hoboys wrote:
20 Feb 2022

I've been a customer for years which is verified automatically at the point of customer ticket entry. My shopping list is also an open book to them, because they are the shop. Sorry, this one doesn't apply. But even with new users, companies shouldn't be able to bs their way through a refund period, that's malpractice and is punishable by law in most countries. Things like the consumer guarantees act, which has international equivalents and in the very first paragraphs will state generic things like

1. products/services will be provided with reasonable care and skill ("Your browser has been un-usable for 6 months". "Yeah, we know")
2. products/services will be fit for purpose (In my case they demonstrably aren't)
but when you install any software you agree to the terms even if you choose to read them or not. SO it's like you sign an agreement. SO you kind of can't demand anything but you can install Reason 11 and use it with no problem.

jam-s

20 Feb 2022

gullum wrote:
20 Feb 2022
but when you install any software you agree to the terms even if you choose to read them or not. SO it's like you sign an agreement. SO you kind of can't demand anything but you can install Reason 11 and use it with no problem.
And quite often lots of what's written there is not legally binding, esp. if it violates local (customer) laws and you were to go to court on it. But you might have to ask a lawyer to find out if there are any of those in the Reason EULA.

Libraquaricorn

21 Feb 2022

Is it still messed up bad? I'm very happy on R11 on my Windows 10 machine, but I do crave the new combinator. I was hoping to see some R12 recommendations, but all I ever see is regrets.. Come on, Reason Studios, get your act together, I WANT to buy your product! On one condition, though: It must be working

EnochLight

21 Feb 2022

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Feb 2022
rcbuse wrote:
17 Feb 2022
MEH.jpg
MEH.jpg (357.76 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
You guys are adorable - Bitwig forums have plenty of disappointed "you need to fix this" and "this sucks" threads. COME TO THE DARK SIDE -WE HAVE COOKIES:

i'D_HIT_THAT.jpg
i'D_HIT_THAT.jpg (157.62 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Forum Helper

21 Feb 2022

dayum.jpg
dayum.jpg (353.18 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

EnochLight

21 Feb 2022

Forum Helper wrote:
21 Feb 2022
dayum.jpg
Yes!
bwahahahah.jpg
bwahahahah.jpg (167.21 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Feb 2022

I like this one better:

DaveyG

22 Feb 2022

Forum Helper wrote:
21 Feb 2022
Ah yes, back when they had Soul, with a capital S. :D

plaamook

22 Feb 2022

I just want the name, logo, and stickers again.
I’m never going to stop referíng to them as Propellerhead.
And the old transport bar. Took up less room and was more design sympathetic.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Eprom

22 Feb 2022

Forum Helper wrote:
21 Feb 2022
dayum.jpg
Ahhh, the good old days. Gone forever.
And if (WHEN) the current capital investment firm decides to sell the company, they will have a hard time finding a buyer. Nobody wants to buy a "broken" product.

[edit] To clarify, it will take time and money to fix Reason-12 to a stable piece of software it used to be (otherwise RS would have done so by now). So which company wants to throw money at it and take the risk that the unhappy user base has gone elsewhere.
Businesswise it's not a smart move.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

VariableX

22 Feb 2022

it is pretty depressing reading all this... i think now at this stage reason should scrap the daw, concentrate on the vst and advise us to move to another daw - ill take ableton myself purely chosen on its massive userbase

rootwheel

22 Feb 2022

Eprom wrote:
22 Feb 2022
It will take time and money to fix Reason-12 to a stable piece of software it used to be (otherwise RS would have done so by now). So which company wants to throw money at it and take the risk that the unhappy user base has gone elsewhere.
Businesswise it's not a smart move.
Which is why I think that the only strategy that makes the business look appealing to investors long term is to simplify: no CodeMeter or perpetual, merge the shop into Companion, get rid of the DAW and then rebrand Reason+ as Reason Unlimited which gets you everything including the shop (if they can get such a license agreement in place with RE developers, if not they need an easy way to in-app buy REs - without an app restart needed!). The main DAW being in such a shoddy state is actually causing reputational damage to the company at this point.

If they're dedicated to the idea of having a standalone way to use Reason, they'd be better off starting a brand new project to create a wrapper around their RRP that handles basic sequencer stuff and perhaps goes with a clip launching approach instead and build from there, slowly and with community input - with a zero tolerance approach to bugs from a fresh base.

I don't see how things can go on this way much longer unless by some miracle the next update is solid and robust. To me the old DAW codebase feels tired, bloated and creaking under the weight of poorly optimised code in the browser and graphics engine upgrade work.

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Feb 2022

VariableX wrote:
22 Feb 2022
it is pretty depressing reading all this... i think now at this stage reason should scrap the daw, concentrate on the vst and advise us to move to another daw - ill take ableton myself purely chosen on its massive userbase
With all due respect for your opinion, I have other plans for Reason.

crimsonwarlock

22 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
22 Feb 2022
VariableX wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Same here :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

visheshl

22 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
22 Feb 2022
VariableX wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Okayyy....so there's something cooking behind the curtains...good to know.

jlgrimes

22 Feb 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
17 Feb 2022
I've always had problems with PC's & Reason doesn't matter the version for years. As soon I switched to Macbook Pro 2012 I haven't had that many problems even now the only problem I'm having is Drag & Freeze. When I drag a preset or device into the rack it sometimes freezes up & I have to restart my computer to free back up that Ram(16gb)...So annoying
Its been the opposite for me. The early versions of Reason worked flawless on PCs. I probably only had one or two crashes ever after using it a whole lot (about more than any other program I was using at that time).

When Reason went to Record and merged and created Rack Extensions, the CPU use went up in Windows but stability was still pretty good.

When I went to Mac, is when I had my worst problems with Reason. It still was fairly stable but CPU use seemed to go even higher and it was very easy to get Pops and Clicks in Audio.

Now I'm back on PC, Reason is still a pretty hoggy program. I have to use higher buffer settings when using Reason than when I'm using other DAWs or I get Pops and Clicks. That said I haven't opened Reason standalone in awhile but it was the performance slags on Mac computers which turned me away from using Reason more than PC (and that they haven't been keeping up with updates).

I pretty much just use the Plugin now.

EnochLight

22 Feb 2022

VariableX wrote:
22 Feb 2022
.. i think now at this stage reason should scrap the daw, concentrate on the vst and advise us to move to another daw - ill take ableton myself purely chosen on its massive userbase
Good grief no! Although I do have Ableton Live 11 Suite, I absolutely prefer to work inside Reason, as I find its standalone DAW much more inspirational and fun to work in. Reason Standalone DAW FTW! :thumbup: :clap: ;)

plaamook

22 Feb 2022

FFS! All they did w the daw this last go around was implement hi res. Which it seems is unanimously agreed was gonna be a buggy shit show whatever. And it had to happen. M1 support. Vst3. Not flashy moves.
Frustrating for sure but we’ve not seen proper attention payed to the flow of the daw for a while and that’s got to be next. It’s all that’s left. When R13 drops and it’s a bunch of filler n junk then we can all complain but I’m guessing they wanted to get this hi res crap out of the way before moving on and there’s good stuff on the way.
I for one am not going over to any RRP except as a last move to port things over if at all. I’m not gonna pay for a daw and the RRP if it all goes to shit. But we’re not there yet and all this pointless speculation has been proved wrong over and again over the years. Yet reason still chugs along.
Just go make music. Nothing lasts forever and everything costs money.
Especially petrol...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

visheshl

22 Feb 2022

A good way to get above the resolution race would have been to adopt vector graphics,
It would have significantly changed the look of the program but it would have been more future proof wouldn't it ?
It could be scaled to any size and resolution etc.
It would have altered the look and feel drastically.
But if you stick to raster graphics this will keep happening again and again . Now there are 4k monitors then there will be 400k monitors. This race between the hardware and software manufacturers will continue.
And reason studios will be stuck in the middle of this nonsense. Because the graphics res will keep being bigger, the file size will keep increasing, the system requirements will keep increasing etc because of all this nonsense.

Billy+

22 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Good grief no! Although I do have Ableton Live 11 Suite, I absolutely prefer to work inside Reason, as I find its standalone DAW much more inspirational and fun to work in. Reason Standalone DAW FTW! :thumbup: :clap: ;)
Snap -

I was going to wait until Apple Silicon and vst3 was released before considering the R12 upgrade but due to the delays and lack of real improvements I went and purchased Live 11 Suite and although I'm enjoying the extra features I would like to see Reason standalone working and some features added so I can happily pay for the Reason upgrade once again but I've definitely decided that it won't be R12.

• Information