Bounce clips

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mark7ones

10 Mar 2022

Why can't I bounce on disk multiple clips at once?

jam-s

10 Mar 2022

You can bounce multiple tracks at once using the bounce mixer channels option in the file menu. Does this help to answer your question?

Mark7ones

10 Mar 2022

I know, but I want to right click and bounce from the sequencer.
I have many drums samples in refills; I have to reorganize them, take files from different refills and combine with others... I can't export one file at the time!

jam-s

10 Mar 2022

You could drag them to individual mix channels/audio tracks and then use the bounce function. Then doing some scripted post-processing in audacity to trim any leading or tailing silence and normalizing them could be the next step after this.

plaamook

11 Mar 2022

Mark7ones wrote:
10 Mar 2022
Why can't I bounce on disk multiple clips at once?
Because they haven't implemented this function yet.
I also want to do this.
Right click-bounce clipS- and it just numbers them 1-infinity or whatever.
Its probably on some wish list or another and has been for years.
Soon as we get out of the R12 sand pit...you'll see.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Mark7ones

14 Mar 2022

What can I say...?
Blaaarghhh...
So the only way is exporting mixer channels and use some app to remove silence.

selig
RE Developer

14 Mar 2022

You can select multiple audio clips and bounce to samples, then select all the samples and right click to export to disk. Should accomplish what you want, IF I'm understanding exactly what you're asking… :)
Selig Audio, LLC

thefixr

14 Mar 2022

selig wrote:
14 Mar 2022
You can select multiple audio clips and bounce to samples, then select all the samples and right click to export to disk. Should accomplish what you want, IF I'm understanding exactly what you're asking… :)
This has always worked well for me. Unfortunately there’s no equivalent when it comes to REX loops.
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

plaamook

15 Mar 2022

selig wrote:
14 Mar 2022
Yeah, I gotta remember that next time I'm doing some heavy editing. Thanks .
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

selig
RE Developer

15 Mar 2022

thefixr wrote:
14 Mar 2022
selig wrote:
14 Mar 2022
This has always worked well for me. Unfortunately there’s no equivalent when it comes to REX loops.
That is not what was asked, right? Not 100% sure Im understanding - what is the use case where you would have multiple REX clips on one track?
Or do you want to export each slice of a single REX loop as individual samples? This is easy - select all slices, select Separate at Slices, then do what I said above.
Selig Audio, LLC

thefixr

15 Mar 2022

selig wrote:
15 Mar 2022
thefixr wrote:
14 Mar 2022

That is not what was asked, right? Not 100% sure Im understanding - what is the use case where you would have multiple REX clips on one track?
Or do you want to export each slice of a single REX loop as individual samples? This is easy - select all slices, select Separate at Slices, then do what I said above.
No it's not what he was asking for.

What I would like to do is be able to take multiple clips and bounce them to REX loops in one action. I like to do a lot of recording while playing around with different software and hardware instruments. At the end of the session I like to go back and slice up parts that I like into REX loops. It would be great if I didn't have to double click on each clip, right click, choose bounce to rex loop.

I've requested this to RS but I don't have a lot of hope that I will see something that seems like it would be easy to implement.

Now that I have you here - more live streams pls!
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Mark7ones

21 Mar 2022

:oops: :lol:
Ok, so why anybody says it's not possible to extract audio files from refills?
But above all, if it is possible to do so, why not allow to export all the samples at once in the sequencer ("Bounce Clip to Disk") or, even better, with a simple right-click in the browser ("Export Sample(s)")...?
Oh yeah... refill is a proprietary format... :lol:

Mark7ones

21 Mar 2022

Sorry, but I like straightforward things ...
If something is not logical, my brain tends to exclude it.

• Information