New Reason Studios video featuring STANDALONE Reason DAW

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

17 Mar 2022

Well, this is refreshing - always nice to see Reason standalone featured. Not really familiar with the Gentleman’s Club, but the video is a nice behind the scenes look at how they work:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Jagwah

17 Mar 2022

Someone on their last video commented how he has never heard of these people, so he went searching and found next to nothing, including no music.

Anyway it's good to see a video with Reason in it, nice of Props to throw a few crumbs out every now and then. Personally I am waiting for the day where it is officially recognized that the software subscription model is not adored by consumers like we have been told all along.

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Well, this is refreshing - always nice to see Reason standalone featured. Not really familiar with the Gentleman’s Club, but the video is a nice behind the scenes look at how they work:

Glad you enjoyed it. They're really great people and producers. We were in the UK last month visiting them—their live show is really something. All the live footage in the interview video we released was taken by us at their show. Good fun :thumbup:

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Mar 2022

Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Someone on their last video commented how he has never heard of these people, so he went searching and found next to nothing, including no music.

Anyway it's good to see a video with Reason in it, nice of Props to throw a few crumbs out every now and then. Personally I am waiting for the day where it is officially recognized that the software subscription model is not adored by consumers like we have been told all along.
Here are some links if you're interested

https://youtube.com/c/gentlemensclubuk/

Billy+

17 Mar 2022

Interesting watch and none of them seem to be bothered with the missing theme assets :lol:

EnochLight

17 Mar 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Glad you enjoyed it. They're really great people and producers. We were in the UK last month visiting them—their live show is really something. All the live footage in the interview video we released was taken by us at their show. Good fun :thumbup:
Very cool! Please keep showcasing Reason standalone DAW like this - it's really still one of the most inspiring spaces to work in! :thumbup: :clap:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

17 Mar 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
EnochLight wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Very cool! Please keep showcasing Reason standalone DAW like this - it's really still one of the most inspiring spaces to work in! :thumbup: :clap:
Even though I've gone with Live 11 Suite after 20 years of being Reason only I totally agree Reason Standalone is still the most creative space to work in and I'm still holding out hope that RS pulls it together and makes Reason worth the upgrade price at some point in the next few months.

Jagwah

17 Mar 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Very sorry, my bad.

Loque

17 Mar 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
We were in the UK last month visiting them—their live show is really something. All the live footage in the interview video we released was taken by us at their show. Good fun :thumbup:
And where were you in the video footage? 🤪🕺🤘
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2022

Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022
jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Very sorry, my bad.
To be fair I googled "gentlemans club dance music" and got a list of the best stripper club songs and details of adult gentleman clubs in the UK so there stuff is not at the top of googles search engine 🤣

Loque

17 Mar 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022

Very sorry, my bad.
To be fair I googled "gentlemans club dance music" and got a list of the best stripper club songs and details of adult gentleman clubs in the UK so there stuff is not at the top of googles search engine 🤣
Well, searching is sometimes difficult. Some have pron in their mind, some have music in their mind :-P

Here is my first search attempt and i got a lot of hits:
https://www.google.com/search?q=gentlem ... p&ie=UTF-8
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Popey wrote:
17 Mar 2022

Well, searching is sometimes difficult. Some have pron in their mind, some have music in their mind :-P

Ha ha I was missing the key word of Dubstep to get the right results. I can guarantee I was looking for their music but if I ever get a dj'ing job in a gentlemans club at least I know what to put on my playlist 🤣

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Mar 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Loque wrote:
17 Mar 2022

Ha ha I was missing the key word of Dubstep to get the right results. I can guarantee I was looking for their music but if I ever get a dj'ing job in a gentlemans club at least I know what to put on my playlist 🤣
yep its a fairly dangerous google search thats for sure :lol:

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Mar 2022

Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022
jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Very sorry, my bad.
no worries just passing them on!

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
17 Mar 2022
jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
We were in the UK last month visiting them—their live show is really something. All the live footage in the interview video we released was taken by us at their show. Good fun :thumbup:
And where were you in the video footage? 🤪🕺🤘
I actually think I am there somewhere if you squint :lol:

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
17 Mar 2022
jamespember wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Absolutely will do!

PhillipOrdonez

17 Mar 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022

Very sorry, my bad.
I could find them easily though 🤔

And i didn't use the term dubstep. I did search their name correctly though, gentlemens club, not gentleman's or gentlemen's.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Popey wrote:
17 Mar 2022

I could find them easily though 🤔

And i didn't use the term dubstep. I did search their name correctly though, gentlemens club, not gentleman's or gentlemen's.
The difference one vowel can make 😂

joeyluck

17 Mar 2022

So do they not have their own website? They certainly don't own gentlemensclub-dot-com 😬 :lol:

Maybe they could have contest to come up with a new name?

Jagwah

17 Mar 2022

It's a cool video, they made it sound good and used Reason.

Is there any particular advantage to using a bunch of audio samples like they do? I would always put that stuff in a sampler, watching him though it could have its advantages even just as a different style of working...

crimsonwarlock

17 Mar 2022

Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Is there any particular advantage to using a bunch of audio samples like they do? I would always put that stuff in a sampler, watching him though it could have its advantages even just as a different style of working...
It is a certain way of working that is prevalent in dance production, imo. I've seen numerous videos where this kind of music is done with FL studio or Ableton Live, and they always put the samples directly into the sequencer like this.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

joeyluck

17 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022
It is a certain way of working that is prevalent in dance production, imo. I've seen numerous videos where this kind of music is done with FL studio or Ableton Live, and they always put the samples directly into the sequencer like this.
Yeah. And I don't think Reason has an easy way to replace clips. Does it? So I too always use a sampler so I can easily replace samples without having to redo work. I also find it gets messy when I have to create a second or even third lane for the same sample if I want overlap without the sample being cut off.

Billy+

17 Mar 2022

Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022
It's a cool video, they made it sound good and used Reason.

I've been using this method for quite some time on and off and find it very easy to get a basic idea going, once you've got a kit together it's easy to add effects to the individual channels setup a reasonable balance and create a group bus for processing ;)

Give it a try.

DaveyG

17 Mar 2022

What? Reason has a STANDALONE mode????
Who knew? :shock:

Jagwah

17 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Jagwah wrote:
17 Mar 2022

• Information