Sessions!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scotward57

05 Apr 2022

Because after all, what better way is there to deal with the 'Reason is broken fix it goddamnit!!' Mob than to march a few of them over to their Swedish HQ and put them on a stage. Make them tap dance and let them have it!!

YOU SEE!! It is not Reason who is broken...it is YOU!! You are the one who is broken!!

:clap:

orthodox
RE Developer

05 Apr 2022

scotward57 wrote:
05 Apr 2022
Because after all, what better way is there to deal with the 'Reason is broken fix it goddamnit!!' Mob than to march a few of them over to their Swedish HQ and put them on a stage. Make them tap dance and let them have it!!

YOU SEE!! It is not Reason who is broken...it is YOU!! You are the one who is broken!!
Well, there's some truth in that, I mean, who's really broken. Or should they wear black and go into mourning over a few bugs in Reason? There are people dealing with it, and those busy with the sessions. They don't interfere with each other.

kitekrazy

05 Apr 2022

orthodox wrote:
05 Apr 2022
scotward57 wrote:
05 Apr 2022

Well, there's some truth in that, I mean, who's really broken. Or should they wear black and go into mourning over a few bugs in Reason? There are people dealing with it, and those busy with the sessions. They don't interfere with each other.
That's because they are using R11.

Loque

05 Apr 2022

Uh. I thought it's a thread about Sessions, but it's just another raging thread from someone thinking his rage deserves a own thread.
Reason12, Win10

scotward57

05 Apr 2022

Loque wrote:
05 Apr 2022
Uh. I thought it's a thread about Sessions, but it's just another raging thread from someone thinking his rage deserves a own thread.
It is about Sessions. Feel free to post your opinion about the topic. Me personally I can't necessarily blame Reason Studios for wanting to diversify their product range. But it's strange they are choosing streaming services and what looks like some attempt at reality TV X Factor thing.

Billy+

05 Apr 2022

I take it you're talking about
Whether you’re a bedroom producer or aiming for the arenas, we see you. Music is what unites us and we want to provide you with the tools and the freedom to create it on your terms. That is why we are launching ‘SESSIONS’ by Reason Studios.​

SESSIONS is our new live music concept showcasing musicians and producers, who are invited to perform on our office stage in front of a small handpicked audience. It is a place for fresh, exciting talent on the cusp of making it big. You’ll see talent from a wide range of genres take the stage. We’re sure in the not-too-distant future, you’ll be seeing them gracing charts, billboards and going viral. It’s our way of giving back and celebrating the musical creativity we get to be a part of every day. We hope it inspires you to keep creating great music.
https://reasonstudios.com/blog/raindear ... ios-vol-1/

I think it's an interesting topic.

For years all us Reason users have heard people saying "who uses Reason" so the Reason live streaming season 2 along with sessions is going to blow the myth away.

bxbrkrz

05 Apr 2022

"...who are invited to perform on our office stage in front of a small handpicked audience..."

Do they mean virtual, anywhere in the world office stage, or the physical location only?
I hope the handpicked audience would not mind artists who can't travel being projected on a screen in front of them too.

Good luck to Sessions!!
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

scotward57

05 Apr 2022

Now that Billy posted that video, the cringe factor just kicked in. Honestly, the staff members at Reason Studios who are bored with music software and want to start some new music platform should go do that. The CEO so deserves to get kicked to the curb for sinking the company like this.

deigm

05 Apr 2022

A lot of bitter feelings around here lately. What's wrong with showcasing some artists? I do wonder though if being a reason user is a criteria when selecting these artists?

jaeproduced

06 Apr 2022

Loque wrote:
05 Apr 2022
We need a new category or section called RANT ROOM, so all this built up anger & aggression towards ReasonStudios can be properly appropriated. I do get tired of folks just complaining ALL the time over minor inconveniences. No DAW is perfect make the necessary adjustments and move on with your life....Now, I'm done with my Rant :thumbup:

joeyluck

06 Apr 2022

Billy+ wrote:
05 Apr 2022

For years all us Reason users have heard people saying "who uses Reason" so the Reason live streaming season 2 along with sessions is going to blow the myth away.
Looks cool! Great idea! Looking forward to seeing more.

kitekrazy

06 Apr 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
06 Apr 2022
Loque wrote:
05 Apr 2022
We need a new category or section called RANT ROOM, so all this built up anger & aggression towards ReasonStudios can be properly appropriated. I do get tired of folks just complaining ALL the time over minor inconveniences. No DAW is perfect make the necessary adjustments and move on with your life....Now, I'm done with my Rant :thumbup:
It does seem more toxic since 12 came out. It seems like the ones in the RS ivory tower seem out of touch with the end user.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2022

I do not see any issue with this personally. Its good for any artist interested in this type of promotion and cannot see it impacting on development of Reason in any considerable way.

Loque

06 Apr 2022

I liked the Session with Raindear. I like the music and i like the voice, spoken and sang, and the accent of her english - reminds me a bit of the voice of one (last?) wife of T. Leary.
Reason12, Win10

Tiny Montgomery

06 Apr 2022

scotward57 wrote:
05 Apr 2022

:clap:
If you're seeing their you tube content as a veiled attack on you as a user then I am afraid you may be a bit broken.

I enjoy content put out on you tube by the various DAW and plugin outlets but some content (like these sessions and that scrapbook thing they did with that guy) are not for me but that's fine. I don't expect everything I find on the Internet, even stuff the algorithm recommends me, to be specifically tailored to me. If I did I'd give my head a wobble and wonder if my relationship to 'online' was a bit unhealthy.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2022

We're living in the Content Creators era. I believe it's obvious that any company (and especially acompany who sells tools to create stuff) showcases people actually using their software to create their own art. The first session is ok, music is good and the lady has a nice voice, even though I'd love to see "Reason" (either DAW or RRP) to be more prominent, but it's just me. All around the world, musicians, producers, beatmakers and their wannabe versions have to see what's Reason, and that (as Toro Y Moi said in the famous video) "It works!", and that cool artists are using it to craft their stuff.

Tiny Montgomery

06 Apr 2022

Quarmat wrote:
06 Apr 2022
All around the world, musicians, producers, beatmakers and their wannabe versions have to see what's Reason, and that (as Toro Y Moi said in the famous video) "It works!", and that cool artists are using it to craft their stuff.
Cannot wait to see the livestream with Toro Y Moi!

Tiny Montgomery

06 Apr 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
06 Apr 2022
No DAW is perfect make the necessary adjustments and move on with your life....Now, I'm done with my Rant :thumbup:
:thumbup: :clap:

challism

06 Apr 2022

I support this idea and hope RS continue with it. I agree with the positive comments posted above (won't bore you all by repeating them). I dont really understand the complaints people have about this. Don't like it? Don't watch it; go make your own music. And if you do get invited to be featured on Reason Studios Sessions (to the nay-sayers), don't forget to decline the invitation since you were opposed to this idea from the start!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dakta

06 Apr 2022

I think I said on a thread a few days/weeks ago the one thing that surprised me about the reason community as it's concrete unity when it comes to knocking it.

There was a thread somewhere about peoples (mostly negative) reactions upon hearing you used reason, so it looks like reason have started showcasing some artists to let the world know its a thing and thats now a bad idea because bugs bugs bugs

I appreciate bugs are annoying, a while back i couldn't export a wav file without having to deselect aif and select wav each time - I'm glad they fixed it it was like my life was on hold. They did fix it and all was well until I noticed a slight graphical glitch which put a few discoloured pixels somewhere with absolutely no functional impact that didn't look like they should be there, so again projects on hold until that gets sorted. Damn this company :D

That said I'm 100% biased, I've used reason for a....while and whilst I'm anything but pro I don't think I'd get the same enjoyment out of music without it, in fact I might not even engage much with it at all. I have a license for cubase as well and whilst there's absolutely nothing wrong at all that I can find with that I just don't like it. At the moment when I have to decide which DAW to launch if I just click without thinking its reason. Its always reason

PhillipOrdonez

06 Apr 2022

Nothing to complain here. I think it is a great idea.

Looking forward to more content from RS.

Billy+

06 Apr 2022

joeyluck wrote:
06 Apr 2022
Billy+ wrote:
05 Apr 2022

I generally like watching the videos about using Reason but sometimes it's just fun seeing who's using Reason.

When I started watching deadmau5 doing live streams and he happened to show his desktop I was shocked to see that he had Reason installed - I've never seen him using it but he's someone that loves making sounds so I assumed that's what he would be interested in it for :?: not sure if RS would get him in their studio though :lol:

gullum

06 Apr 2022

I don't care who is using Reason. I make metal and pop/rock music most of the time and I'm quite sure that Metallica and Slayer never used Reason. I am also 100% sure that these videos and livestream have no affect on the development of Reason.The programers are highly unlikely involved in making these videos and are free to continue developing Reason.
Reason is not Photoshop so pixels bugs should not stop you from making music. Smooth scrolling is not going to make you music sound better. A slight miss placement of a knob in zoom 140% does not make the synth sound different than the right placed knob at 100%.
None of the missing future that are (industry standards) have stopped me from making music. Not 1 of the bugs in Reason 12 have stopped me from making music.

kitekrazy

06 Apr 2022

Billy+ wrote:
06 Apr 2022
joeyluck wrote:
06 Apr 2022

I generally like watching the videos about using Reason but sometimes it's just fun seeing who's using Reason.

When I started watching deadmau5 doing live streams and he happened to show his desktop I was shocked to see that he had Reason installed - I've never seen him using it but he's someone that loves making sounds so I assumed that's what he would be interested in it for :?: not sure if RS would get him in their studio though :lol:
He probably haves just about every DAW out there installed. I doubt you'll ever see him use it. Many of those electronic music producers that have Macs seem to use Logic more often.

Billy+

07 Apr 2022

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Apr 2022
Billy+ wrote:
06 Apr 2022

He probably haves just about every DAW out there installed. I doubt you'll ever see him use it. Many of those electronic music producers that have Macs seem to use Logic more often.
He's running Live on a windows pc when in the studio and Macs on stage ;)

• Information