Using Reason in multiple computers

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
edx500

08 Apr 2022

Hello
I'm buying a laptop in next couple of days to use for a live performance setup. I currently have Reason installed on my fairly new
desktop.
Now the Reason website says:

"Can I use Reason+ on multiple computers?
1 year ago Updated
Yes, the Reason+ content and applications can be installed and used on multiple computers. Just log in to Reason on the computer you are currently using.

Note, though, that you can only run Reason on one computer at a time."

Okay I'm not sure I understand this. Do I have to uninstall Reason from my desktop to use it on a laptop for live performance?

Thanks

Loque

08 Apr 2022

No, but you better keep your Laptop logged in before and due to your performance.

They are still working on a proper offline authorization...
Reason12, Win10

orthodox
RE Developer

08 Apr 2022

edx500 wrote:
08 Apr 2022
Okay I'm not sure I understand this. Do I have to uninstall Reason from my desktop to use it on a laptop for live performance?
No, you don't have to.
Fredrik wrote: Yes, the Reason+ content and applications can be installed and used on multiple computers. Just log in to Reason on the computer you are currently using.

Note, though, that you can only run Reason on one computer at a time."

gbuck

08 Apr 2022

I've been using my I7 laptop for 10 years now and just acquired another that I want to use the usb codemeter flash drive instead of having to be online but Reason 12 on the new computer doesn't recognize the flash drive. I don't always have the internet available. Any tips or pointers?

orthodox
RE Developer

08 Apr 2022

gbuck wrote:
08 Apr 2022
I've been using my I7 laptop for 10 years now and just acquired another that I want to use the usb codemeter flash drive instead of having to be online but Reason 12 on the new computer doesn't recognize the flash drive. I don't always have the internet available. Any tips or pointers?
Did you install Codemeter?

edx500

08 Apr 2022

Thank you fellas for clearing that up..... :puf_smile:

.....and about the code meter.

I had one of those usb plugin things about 12 years ago and I owned a Balance
device up until last year. So now you can install it.....?
Not having access to the Internet is certainly possible at a live gig and i would want to
use it offline as well.

stillifegaijin

08 Apr 2022

edx500 wrote:
08 Apr 2022
Thank you fellas for clearing that up..... :puf_smile:

.....and about the code meter.

I had one of those usb plugin things about 12 years ago and I owned a Balance
device up until last year. So now you can install it.....?
Not having access to the Internet is certainly possible at a live gig and i would want to
use it offline as well.
Reason+ currently has no offline authorization. You always need internet access. If you buy a Reason Perpetual license it can be authorized to your laptop so that you don't need internet access. It can also be authorized to an Ignition key, but depending on your OS your computer may or may not recognize the Ignition key. Balance is dead as far as authorizations go. Hopefully there will be new options in the coming months, it's something they say they are working on. But who knows when or what...

kitekrazy

08 Apr 2022

That is the beauty of Reason. I've had it installed on 3 machines. I log into 2 of them to use it.

• Information