Reason Studios OG series

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

26 May 2022

Has anyone seen the OG series on the Reason Studios blog?
Not only are the older devices getting some love but the combinators are CMBv1 so you don't need R12 to use them :clap:
Last edited by Billy+ on 10 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

10 Jun 2022

This Friday it's redrum og

Is anyone else interested in these giveaways?
Last edited by Billy+ on 10 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

10 Jun 2022

yes, yes, yes :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

motuscott

10 Jun 2022

Hey, that's totally cool.
Reason 11 lag behind supporter
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Billy+

10 Jun 2022

Yes it is totally cool

But it's got me thinking about why the R11 CMBv1 patches (which I like :thumbup: )

The only thing I could come up with was they are testing a conversion tool for CMBv2 to CMBv1 minus the extra functions ;)

motuscott

10 Jun 2022

One advantage to being a senior with failing memory is that you get to relearn/relove these synths.
I hear Reas4 is a m)*^$%#fuckner
...but I'm talkin' about Shaft
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

arnigretar

10 Jun 2022

Thanks for the reminder/share. I did download the subtractor one, but I missed those new ones!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

moofi

10 Jun 2022

Is it just here the Redrum video not loading but showing a buffer sign?

DJMaytag

13 Jun 2022

I’ve never stopped using Malström. Definitely have slowed down my usage of Subtractor and Redrum. I haven’t used Thor in ages, and really haven’t used it much in the grand scheme of things. I can’t think of an instance where it’s been used in a finished track, but definitely lots of the other OG devices.

rootwheel

13 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
26 May 2022
Has anyone seen the OG series on the Reason Studios blog?
Propellerhead were the original gangsters. Who are these Reason Studios pretenders? :wtf:

DJMaytag

13 Jun 2022

Todays episode on The Echo was pretty good. I had just recently started messing with that delay for the first time, looking for certain dub/tape delay sounds.

homemadenoise

14 Jun 2022

I like that they are not just forgotten about. I forget how get they are sometimes and start playing with new toys and need reminded.

AnotherMathias

15 Jun 2022

This video was really quite good!

Normally I roll my eyes at most YouTube creator type of content, especially internet personality/influencer style garbage. Reason Studios stuff can veer that way sometimes.

At first I thought that this video might fall into that category. The first half was just describing basic functionality, the kind of stuff that's covered perfectly well in the user manual, but once he started discussing the Breakout functions, I realized that, hey, in all these years, I've never played around with that!

WIth an instance each of The Echo and Pulverizer, there's a silly amount of potential.
Also a useful tidbit that you can use the LFO, even on the slowest setting, to get some stereo repeats from a mono source.

More of this please! But perhaps a little less of the meme video clip goofery.

• Information