Automation override

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
unclenofun

23 Jul 2022

hey guys,

having an issue with the green light 'automation override'

I'm just trying to automate dry/wet on Fritz - granular engine on an audio track.....it doesn't like it. Everytime it reaches the automation section, the green automation override light comes on and the dry/wet knob stays where it was

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried all the diff ways of automating and there is no conflicting automation going on

I might be being stupid but I don't think so....prove me wrong....help!

jam-s

23 Jul 2022

It might be because a midi controller is sending MIDI data. You can check if it still occurs when you unplug your controllers.

unclenofun

23 Jul 2022

cool, I'll try that. If I figure out which controller it is, how do I stop it from doing it again?

selig
RE Developer

23 Jul 2022

Did you try clicking on the Automation Override button? For reasons unknown to me, you are supposed to either hit stop again or click on the green Automation Override button if lit (after recording automation). Worth a try…
Selig Audio, LLC

unclenofun

23 Jul 2022

selig wrote:
23 Jul 2022
Did you try clicking on the Automation Override button? For reasons unknown to me, you are supposed to either hit stop again or click on the green Automation Override button if lit (after recording automation). Worth a try…
yeah, first thing I tried. click that to reset it....hit stop and went back to the beginning...re recorded the automation in all the various ways...clearing the automation each time but no..

seems it was a new controller...unplugged it and now it works....now to figure out why it was doing that!

selig
RE Developer

23 Jul 2022

unclenofun wrote:
23 Jul 2022
selig wrote:
23 Jul 2022
yeah, first thing I tried. click that to reset it....hit stop and went back to the beginning...re recorded the automation in all the various ways...clearing the automation each time but no..

seems it was a new controller...unplugged it and now it works....now to figure out why it was doing that!
Controller? First time you mentioned that…. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

unclenofun

23 Jul 2022

selig wrote:
23 Jul 2022
unclenofun wrote:
23 Jul 2022

Controller? First time you mentioned that…. ;)

ha! first response comment I got suggested unplugging a controller to see if it helps!....you are right though, I didn't mention it! but the suggestion worked anyway

• Information