What are your deepest dreams/visions about Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jlgrimes

28 Aug 2022

I think some improvements that will benefit both Rack and Standalone workflow are critical.

1. Updated Browser. It should be easier to search patches and tag them.

2. Ability to edit samples in plugin.

3. Ability to edit/create Rex files in the Rex players and Mimic. This alone would turn Reason into a sampling powerhouse. Full Recycle Integration, basically.

4. Updated Drum Sequencer player. longer patterns. Ability to drag patterns into DAW.

5. Make Reason play with less Pops and clicks at lower buffer settings in standalone mode. I can run RRP at 128 and 64 buffer settings in about every DAW I tried reliably. I can't do so standalone without Pops and clicks.

6. Bonus (ARA Mode for Slice/Pitch/Sample editing) time stretching should be added to sample edit. This would make Reason even more valuable for other DAWS.

ltbrunt00

28 Aug 2022

The ability score music to video as a native function within the DAW. This would open up reason to a whole new area media production.

The ability to drag the midi data from the players directly into the sequencer.

The ability to set different tempos for individual tracks.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

lowtom

29 Aug 2022

I would love if RS expanded more into their old Reason 3.0 slogan "Play your Reason system".
I would love if everything in Reason could be controlled via Remote.
I would love for every device to have patch randomiser.
RS should also introduce some snapshots system into Combinator (check Racks in Live 11 or locks system in Maschine 2).

One can dream.
:reason: :refill: :re:

mimidancer

29 Aug 2022

I had a nightmare that Uli Behringer purchased Reason and rebranded it as Treason by Music Tribe.

Aosta

29 Aug 2022

ScottyM...the stage is yours!
Tend the flame

selig
RE Developer

29 Aug 2022

RobC wrote:
28 Aug 2022
To be able to run above 24/192. Such as 32/768 for example. (I will have a capable device, soon. I could use it for additional sound design possibilities. Then there would be no need for oversampling.)
I’m holding out for 64/3072.
But seriously, my deepest dream is that Reason Studios simply keep their heads above water and stay in business.
In other words, “Good luck and don’t ‘F’ it up”… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

fullforce

29 Aug 2022

A completely re-imagined sequencer which learns and improves from Ableton.

Yeah, that's a nice joke.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

RobC

29 Aug 2022

selig wrote:
29 Aug 2022
RobC wrote:
28 Aug 2022
To be able to run above 24/192. Such as 32/768 for example. (I will have a capable device, soon. I could use it for additional sound design possibilities. Then there would be no need for oversampling.)
I’m holding out for 64/3072.
But seriously, my deepest dream is that Reason Studios simply keep their heads above water and stay in business.
In other words, “Good luck and don’t ‘F’ it up”… ;)
768 is just like 4x oversampling, but if I sample a one shot synth sound, I can go down 4 octaves and I will still only be at 48!

Or 49,152 for full range flexibility. 10 octaves! But hey, the DAC does support the DSD thingy.

npinero1

29 Aug 2022

After reading all of the posts, I noticed is that the number 1 request is that Reason remain a DAW.

A few earlier posts had a lot of the items I am hopeful for:
* VST3
* polyphonic audio to midi
* polyphonic pitch edit
* punch in/out recording
* step recording
* more QoL features for the sequencer
* updated, bugfixed and improved stock devices/REs
* Updated Drum Sequencer player. longer patterns. Ability to drag patterns into DAW.
* Bonus (ARA Mode for Slice/Pitch/Sample editing) time stretching should be added to sample edit. This would make Reason even more valuable for other DAWS.
* M1/M2 Compatibility

If they even get 2 of these I would be happy.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

andyhsong

29 Aug 2022

just dont die!!! reason forever

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2022

For me, it's sequencer improvements. It's environment has so much potential. Reason has gone all-in on the 'pattern based' idea, and I think this is the closest we will get to clip launching. But using pattern based devices has it's drawbacks:

Screenshot 2022-08-29 221526.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-29 221526.jpg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
I just wish they had a way of presenting device relationships better - or at the very least, track folders.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2022

I’m quite content working with Reason the way it is. I'm still on R11.
Sometimes I wonder whether it’s a good thing I haven’t tried every other DAW on the market. I have no idea what I’m missing out on. And therefor I just accept what’s there in Reason and get on with making music instead of comparing it to other software. I see all these wishlists of improvements constantly here at RT. And honestly I don’t even know what half of them mean.

My wishes for the future of Reason is a pretty short list. A bugfree environment. A few more track colors. Curved autimation on audio clips.

rgdaniel

29 Aug 2022

I literally had a dream about folding up mixer tracks last night... I need to get out more...

tomusurp

30 Aug 2022

Why do you guys hope they stay in business? Is there something going on with the company? Would be a surprise, I think it's the best DAW out of multiple ones I've used (FL Studio, Ableton, and Garageband). Haven't tried Studio One or Bitwig but have seen it in action and heard great things about them, mostly in terms of workflow.

But back to Reason, it has the most beautiful interface, incredible routing options, superb rack extensions, easy workflow, I can go on and on. I'm inspired every time I open the program. Hell I get excited while it's loading up. I mean this is THE BEAT PROGRAM.

In terms of what it needs, I can't think of much at the moment. I make music in it every day and always learn new stuff throughout the week. Perhaps VST3 support would be good so I could use certain other plugins but it's not really a problem since a workaround can be found.

I mean to be honest the program is incredibly stable. Out of 10+ years using it, I've had maybe 2 crashes literally. And I think both were from the Helium synthesizer rack extension :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

Yonatan

30 Aug 2022

BRIGGS wrote:
27 Aug 2022
I just want a dog, and a kitty. : )
:lol:

Yonatan

30 Aug 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
29 Aug 2022
I literally had a dream about folding up mixer tracks last night... I need to get out more...
That would be so lovely to be able to do. More organisation for a cleaner overview, both in mixer, sequencer and the Rack.

Yonatan

30 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Aug 2022
Sometimes I wonder whether it’s a good thing I haven’t tried every other DAW on the market. I have no idea what I’m missing out on. And therefor I just accept what’s there in Reason and get on with making music instead of comparing it to other software. I see all these wishlists of improvements constantly here at RT. And honestly I don’t even know what half of them mean.

My wishes for the future of Reason is a pretty short list. A bugfree environment. A few more track colors. Curved autimation on audio clips.
A colour palette where one can choose colour more freely would be such good addition.

Curved audio automation? Dont we have that already?

chimp_spanner

30 Aug 2022

Yonatan wrote:
30 Aug 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Aug 2022

A colour palette where one can choose colour more freely would be such good addition.

Curved audio automation? Dont we have that already?
I think they mean curves on audio clip fades, which would be really nice. Atm it’s just linear or nothing.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2022

tomusurp wrote:
30 Aug 2022
Why do you guys hope they stay in business? Is there something going on with the company? Would be a surprise, I think it's the best DAW out of multiple ones I've used (FL Studio, Ableton, and Garageband). Haven't tried Studio One or Bitwig but have seen it in action and heard great things about them, mostly in terms of workflow.

But back to Reason, it has the most beautiful interface, incredible routing options, superb rack extensions, easy workflow, I can go on and on. I'm inspired every time I open the program. Hell I get excited while it's loading up. I mean this is THE BEAT PROGRAM.

In terms of what it needs, I can't think of much at the moment. I make music in it every day and always learn new stuff throughout the week. Perhaps VST3 support would be good so I could use certain other plugins but it's not really a problem since a workaround can be found.

I mean to be honest the program is incredibly stable. Out of 10+ years using it, I've had maybe 2 crashes literally. And I think both were from the Helium synthesizer rack extension :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess people are mentioning about them staying in business due to the financial information recently released. There is a post on here about it which shows the amount they lost during the last financial year.

chimp_spanner

30 Aug 2022

tomusurp wrote:
30 Aug 2022

12 *was* wobbly at launch. Probably more so than any version I've used. But as it is now, I routinely work on songs on stream and forget to save until 2+ hours in. I think it's in a way better place right now. Feels as stable as 11 Suite to me, at least. And yeah similar to you, taken as a whole, I can count the number of crashes I've had on one hand. Crazy.

dioxide

30 Aug 2022

A clip launcher obviously. I've been waiting for that one for over 20 years ha ha.

If we're talking about things that will probably never happen, then probably that RE becomes a major plugin format and that users understand the benefits over VST. That would take a number of other things to happen first of course.

stratatonic

30 Aug 2022

That RS doesn't go under and leave me with software that won't open up. I guess that's not a dream, but the nightmare scenario.

moneykube

30 Aug 2022

more wombat sounds
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Iapetus 9

30 Aug 2022

While most people agree that RS needs to get back to working on the DAW, I'd love to see live streams of people just improving and jamming like the old days again, making all types of music and not just the music influencer they think is hip. I want to see Venus Theory making music, not talking in a fucking sales pitch. Actual musicians working. One week, a dude creating his video game music, the next week some lady raging in a death metal mix. Show the world that Reason is made for everything.

That, and giving me a solid reason to upgrade.
38L > 51D every time.

Marc64

30 Aug 2022

Drag samples from sequencer to a device.
Video player.
Fold/unfold Devices in the browser like in the rack.
Better coloring in the sequencer. More "shiny" not so flat.

• Information