REASON+ free trial, commercial piurposes question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samsome

09 Sep 2022

so if i'm under reason+ free trial

and i use sounds from reason factory synths

and also install 3rd party synths as trials from the reason website

are both of the above allowing me to use music for commercial purposes? or its not permitted?

i need to see this written down somewhere as answer

thank you

RobC

09 Sep 2022

The question is, if you use something 100% legally, why wouldn't it be permitted to make money from it?

To be 100% sure, maybe ask support, though.

samsome

09 Sep 2022

RobC wrote:
09 Sep 2022
The question is, if you use something 100% legally, why wouldn't it be permitted to make money from it?

To be 100% sure, maybe ask support, though.
aren't there people from support here on forum? but anyway i'll have to ask support it seems yes

jam-s

10 Sep 2022

I think the EULA has a section on this and I suspect the trial version to not allow any commercial use.

EnochLight

11 Sep 2022

samsome wrote:
09 Sep 2022
aren't there people from support here on forum? but anyway i'll have to ask support it seems yes
No. This is a private forum made up of fellow Reason enthusiasts. Sometimes a Reason Studios employee will drop by and answer a random question, but that happens once every few weeks or so and it's usually not from support. But to answer your question (which has been asked before here), the general consensus is that anything you make in a legally purchased version of Reason (in other words, you bought a license) can be used commercially if you choose. Refills or Rack Extensions.

Anything you buy third party, such as a VST or third party libraries, well - you'd need to read the EULA for those products.

As for the Reason+ free trial, you did not purchase a license, so I'd wager you cannot use productions made in commercial work. That said, read the EULA to be sure. And if it's not mentioned, then you'll need to get in touch with support.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information