Grain Crashes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BRIGGS

17 Jan 2023

2 times now.... grain has crashed when flipping through patches. Does it do this for anyone else?

update: I just scanned my drive, and it came up with no errors.

I usually don't flip through patches. I was just looking for ideas.
r11s

-008'

17 Jan 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jan 2023
2 times now.... grain has crashed when flipping through patches. Does it do this for anyone else?

update: I just scanned my drive, and it came up with no errors.

I usually don't flip through patches. I was just looking for ideas.
Gave up on a grain project I was doing because of this bug. I used to have this same problem and reported it some years ago. Was the same issue too, scrolling thru a custom Grain patch folder. I remember checking this bug against v12 and opening those faulty patches, but I should revisit.

I wonder about the info for the samples in these different patches, like a diff format or samplerate. Gotta be something like that which causes this, right?
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

BRIGGS

17 Jan 2023

-008' wrote:
17 Jan 2023
I wonder about the info for the samples in these different patches, like a diff format or samplerate. Gotta be something like that which causes this, right?
Yeah....It could even be something like file names. Who knows? :|
r11s

moneykube

17 Jan 2023

had this happen in 11... have not tested grain in 12 yet. That time approaches :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DinoJ

19 Jan 2023

I have this exact same problem with Redrum when flicking through samples. I don't remember this ever happening to me before I upgraded to 12. One thing I have noticed though, is that it does not seem to happen if I preview the samples in Browser and drag them in. Only seems to happen when I use the up and down arrows on the load sample bit on Redrum.

I was starting to get a bit fed up with this as I must have lost about 20 projects through this last year, as when it crashed I would open up Reason again and try and open them and it would not load them, so assumed the crash had corrupted them. However I discovered only last week that none of the projects were actually lost or corrupted, I had not tried rebooting the PC before I tried to open them again and just assumed they were lost and never tried to open them again. So last week I was going through all last years Reason project files and opening them all to sort into folders and find the corrupted ones and delete them and to my surprise I discovered that every file opened, including the ones I assumed were corrupted by this crash, they must have been file locked at the time reason crashed and released next time my PC rebooted! So that was a nice surprise at least!

BRIGGS

19 Jan 2023

DinoJ wrote:
19 Jan 2023
One thing I have noticed though, is that it does not seem to happen if I preview the samples in Browser and drag them in. Only seems to happen when I use the up and down arrows on the load sample bit on Redrum.
Drag an drop, is normally what I do.

In that case. Maybe I'll just avoid using arrow keys, in the future. :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information