Pre-made effects for guitar

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
nooker

22 Mar 2023

I've used Reason for many years but just recently started recording guitar when it hit me, that while there are TONS of combo presets for instruments (played by keyboard), there are NO combo presets for audio track effects. Or at least to my knowledge from looking around in Reason and googling.

Basically, when I plug in my guitar, I would expect there to be a lot of pre-made effects (or combos of effects) made that I can apply to my audio track. Not only being limited o what's in the Softtube Amp.
Also, I would expect that in the browser I can easily sort out presets that are designed for audio tracks specifically.
(Same goes for vocals, drums or whatever people usually record on an audio track).

If not provided in Reason, surely there must be a place where at least users share these kind of things, or?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

nooker wrote:
22 Mar 2023
I've used Reason for many years but just recently started recording guitar when it hit me, that while there are TONS of combo presets for instruments (played by keyboard), there are NO combo presets for audio track effects. Or at least to my knowledge from looking around in Reason and googling.

Basically, when I plug in my guitar, I would expect there to be a lot of pre-made effects (or combos of effects) made that I can apply to my audio track. Not only being limited o what's in the Softtube Amp.
Also, I would expect that in the browser I can easily sort out presets that are designed for audio tracks specifically.
(Same goes for vocals, drums or whatever people usually record on an audio track).

If not provided in Reason, surely there must be a place where at least users share these kind of things, or?
Go to the browser then go to Factory Sounds. Click on All Effect Patches. Go to Dynamics and there's a folder there called Guitars. Alternatively, type in guitar in the search box and you'll see what comes up. There's patches for guitar using Pulveriser and all sorts.
If you want to sort out the presets you can create a favourites folder, call it what you want and drag the combis into that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

nooker

23 Mar 2023

Thank you!

There is actually quite a lot in the "All FX" folder. The "Multi FX" sort of contained what I had in mind about effect combos/setups.

I still think there's a big gap when it comes to guitar effects specifically though. Like, why isn't there a folder with patches specifically made for guitar. E.g. distortions suitable for metal etc.
If you search for "guitar", the absolute majority of the results are simply guitar instruments. No way to easily sort effects.

I guess it comes down to Reason traditionally being used for electronic music...

jam-s

23 Mar 2023

This Refill here might also be right up your alley: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... mp-refill/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2023

Do you mean you are a long time guitarist who has just started recording guitar or do you mean you just started playing guitar?
The visual aspect of the rack is what I, speaking as a long time guitarist, find most appealing. I wouldn’t use presets myself as I generally know what tone I’m looking for and what amp/ pedal combinations I need to approximate them.
You gave as an example a heavy metal tone. There’s loads of free amp sims and IR loaders which will get you there. Also loads of free pedal VSTs. Tube Screamers, RATs, Klons, HM2s etc.
if you want some great REs then Kuassa are the way to go. AmpliTube has about a million presets but again I never use them. Just drag the relevant stuff in and adjust.
On the other hand, if you asked me to design a sound in a synth I’d be very hard pressed to know what to do. Presets are what I use there. Endless scrolling.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Dabbler

24 Mar 2023

Just watch the video yesterday from reason studios where they used affect called a polar I think it was called polar or maybe it was called pulse are but anyway it created a octave effect and a harmonizer effect that was actually quite amazing

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2023

Dabbler wrote:
24 Mar 2023
Just watch the video yesterday from reason studios where they used affect called a polar I think it was called polar or maybe it was called pulse are but anyway it created a octave effect and a harmonizer effect that was actually quite amazing
Polar. But there’s better pitch shifters these days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information