Reason 12 upgrade $67.19

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2023

Jagwah wrote:
03 Jun 2023
Grumbleweed wrote:
02 Jun 2023
I didn't think it would happen (I thought I'd moved on) but I jumped at the bargainous upgrade to Reason 12. Always had a soft spot for my first love but I was never going to drop £199 on it!
Had some fun knocking up a quick track but I'm not the Reason demon I once was - I have the basics still, but routing audio as I want it was a bit flaky.
The sequencer hasn't exactly flourished over the years but that's Reason I guess :lol:

Grum.
Hey Grumbleweed nice to see you are still around.

It could actually be a unique selling point for people returning to reason after a long hiatus - they will feel right at home with the sequencer because it's pretty much the same as they remember it 😀
Hi Jaggy-baby

Deep down I like how easy it is to mess around with timing and velocity using the F8 menu and it is quite a "clean" environment to work in - it just seems so old!
I have to say I'm getting quite a groove on with the track I started to get back into it. If anyone says Reason sounds bad compared to other DAWs they are talking bollocks.
I do wish there was an auto VST plugin GUI screenshot function to populate the menus as I have a daunting list of instruments and FX that I really don't fancy loading each one individually :puf_unhappy:
It's great to have VST3's in Reason though.

Have a great one,
Grum

ab459

03 Jun 2023

Think will grab upgrade finally, price decent, although without a big passion, since assume that the UI of old devices still blurry (at 100% size).
Additionally interesting to try new sampler.

Iernesto

03 Jun 2023

I purchased Reason Studios Reason 12 Upgrade for Intro/Lite at JRRshop. When I try to enter the license number and the code it shows: License to upgrade (1956418) is online only. Has it happened to anyone?
Attachments
Aut Reason 12 from Lite.jpg
Aut Reason 12 from Lite.jpg (137.34 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

Loque

03 Jun 2023

Iernesto wrote:
03 Jun 2023
I purchased Reason Studios Reason 12 Upgrade for Intro/Lite at JRRshop. When I try to enter the license number and the code it shows: License to upgrade (1956418) is online only. Has it happened to anyone?
Nope. Maybe you installed Reason too often without unauthorizing old installations.
Reason12, Win10

Iernesto

04 Jun 2023

Loque wrote:
03 Jun 2023
Iernesto wrote:
03 Jun 2023
Nope. Maybe you installed Reason too often without unauthorizing old installations.
This is strange, as I haven't used this version of Reason in months and I know if it's not authorized on my PC. The only thing I did now was to install the full version in demo mode. I hope that everything can be satisfactorily resolved after the weekend. I wouldn't like to be forced to request a refund. I really want to go back to Reason now.

ljekio

05 Jun 2023

Has anyone who bought this on JRR had similar problems?

craste

05 Jun 2023

I purchased this last night from JRR and had no problems.

I was really wanting to hold out until Reason 13 as the new combinator and Mimic hold no great appeal to me.

I do like the upgraded HD graphics though so upgraded for that and in the hope my money goes towards somebody at Reason Studios poppin in some placeholders/markers in the new updated sequencer we all want.

Seckin

06 Jun 2023

MrFigg wrote:
01 Jun 2023
https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead-reason-upgrade

Use code GROUP at checkout.

Wonder If you buy this and then don’t register it until 13 shows up if it’ll work to get 13.
So, anybody with an opinion on what is likely to happen when one registers it when 13 shows up?
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

DaveyG

06 Jun 2023

Seckin wrote:
06 Jun 2023
MrFigg wrote:
01 Jun 2023
https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead-reason-upgrade

Use code GROUP at checkout.

Wonder If you buy this and then don’t register it until 13 shows up if it’ll work to get 13.
So, anybody with an opinion on what is likely to happen when one registers it when 13 shows up?
It would be a gamble but I think it would probably work. I doubt you'll get an official statement about it though!

Iernesto

06 Jun 2023

Last year Reason Support denied that my version of Reason Lite was online only as I was able to use it only in that way. As I observed a few minutes a go, time has proved me right. This version cannot be updated because it must be permanently online and it is not September, it has been over a year. I'm afraid I must request the refund. It doesn't make any sense to me. Well done RS.
Thanks for your answers.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (148.23 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

jfrichards

06 Jun 2023

Has anyone bought R 12 upgrade at AudioDeluxe for $80?

Iernesto

07 Jun 2023

Iernesto wrote:
06 Jun 2023
Last year Reason Support denied that my version of Reason Lite was online only as I was able to use it only in that way. As I observed a few minutes a go, time has proved me right. This version cannot be updated because it must be permanently online and it is not September, it has been over a year. I'm afraid I must request the refund. It doesn't make any sense to me. Well done RS.
Thanks for your answers.
In case it helps someone, it's already solved. I don't know what the problem was but I was able to upgrade successfully. :puf_smile:

carlosedp

13 Jun 2023

Hi all... after a long time I finally purchased the Reason 12 update on JRRShop to bring back my Reason 8 to life (and return to music) ...

How long does it take for JRR to send the registration key? I bought on sunday evening and still didn't receive anything (except the purchase confirmation email).

Thanks.

ambi

13 Jun 2023

carlosedp wrote:
13 Jun 2023
Hi all... after a long time I finally purchased the Reason 12 update on JRRShop to bring back my Reason 8 to life (and return to music) ...

How long does it take for JRR to send the registration key? I bought on sunday evening and still didn't receive anything (except the purchase confirmation email).

Thanks.
According to their website it's 2-7 days.

NoiseCrime

17 Jun 2023

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if this upgrade is applicable for an old Reason 8 license?

I've not used Reason in many years, but this deal seems to be great value and a great way to get back into making music. However I don't know if it can be used to upgrade from such an old version, nor do I understand if getting the upgrade would also cancel/prevent further use of my Reason 8 version?

Ideally i'd like to get the upgrade and run Reason 12 on a mac, but keep Reason 8 on my old windows machine.

Thanks for any anwsers.

challism

17 Jun 2023

NoiseCrime wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if this upgrade is applicable for an old Reason 8 license?

I've not used Reason in many years, but this deal seems to be great value and a great way to get back into making music. However I don't know if it can be used to upgrade from such an old version, nor do I understand if getting the upgrade would also cancel/prevent further use of my Reason 8 version?

Ideally i'd like to get the upgrade and run Reason 12 on a mac, but keep Reason 8 on my old windows machine.

Thanks for any anwsers.
Yes, if it's a valid and working license on your account, it should absolutely work (as long as it's a full version of Reason and not intro or lite or whatever else they called those lesser versions).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

NoiseCrime

17 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Yes, if it's a valid and working license on your account, it should absolutely work (as long as it's a full version of Reason and not intro or lite or whatever else they called those lesser versions).
Thanks

• Information