What other Reason sites/apps do you visit?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DJMaytag

24 Jul 2023

I posted a similar question on Reddit the other day, asking about whether or not anyone on there posts/visits here. The results were pretty evenly split between the 3 options:

I do post/visit ReasonTalk
I don’t post/visit ReasonTalk
I didn’t know about ReasonTalk

Just curious how many of us post on places like KVRAudio’s forum, Reddit’s r/reasoners, some of the various Reason groups on FB, etc. I’m also curious if there’s some sites/apps that I’m completely missing out on?

Rising Night Wave

24 Jul 2023

yes, that would be interesting to know.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2023

I think another "area" is the Beta lounge - which is essentially open to anyone who wants in.

Although it's less hang out and small talk and more problem reporting/troubleshooting, with some user queries thrown in. (And a lot of feature requests)
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

nadj

24 Jul 2023

I only knew about this forum. Will have a look at KVRAudio. I've heard of Reddit but no real idea what it is, other than being a Twitter sort of thing maybe (?).

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2023

Other than here I am a member of 3 reason Facebook groups (reason users, reason studio users and reason music space).

I also use kvr and occasionally gearspace for finding out about new software etc.

BRIGGS

24 Jul 2023

the Reddit sub is awesome! : )
r11s

selig
RE Developer

24 Jul 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
24 Jul 2023
the Reddit sub is awesome! : )
I second this. Sometimes I check the FB groups but there are so many so it's rather diluted in some ways except for Reason Users (moderated by Carly/Poohbear)
Selig Audio, LLC

wereMole88

25 Jul 2023

I only read music player, gearspace and Nord user forum. A little posting here, on reddit and bome.

DJMaytag

25 Jul 2023

I posted the Reddit poll as a way to see how active that community is. I know maybe 50% of people won't respond to a poll, but I was thinking there would be more than 100 responses in 14K+ community.

Aosta

25 Jul 2023

Only ever use this forum and occasionally visit KVR to laugh at the shit talk they still do any time something 'Reasony' is posted.
Tend the flame

motuscott

26 Jul 2023

Only this one but I do lurk on Reddit, so I should check that one out.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

RobC

26 Jul 2023

Not even RT for me, ATM! I need a little time, a little space. A place to find myself again, you know.

DaveyG

26 Jul 2023

Reddit drives me nuts - such a sprawling mess. I am on some other more general music forums (where Reason barely gets mentioned!) but this is the only Reason-specific one.

rgdaniel

26 Jul 2023

Some good reading, if a bit of a slog, about Reason here:
https://www.amazon.ca/Critique-Pure-Rea ... ref=sr_1_1

w1pl0c

26 Jul 2023

Kinda obvious but YouTube, comment threads. Tut creators are often eager to connect w followers, so I just ask em questions related to their topic straight up. Maybe search the comment thread if it's not active. Whatever it takes to avoid that cringey UFO thread lol

motuscott

26 Jul 2023

rgdaniel wrote:
26 Jul 2023
Some good reading, if a bit of a slog, about Reason here:
https://www.amazon.ca/Critique-Pure-Rea ... ref=sr_1_1
Rickrolled again
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MuttReason

27 Jul 2023

Reddit (although it’s slightly irritating that there are still two separate Reason subs, why don’t they just merge?). KVR sometimes (not really much there for or about Reason, though). That’s it. Not aware of anything else that’s got a lot of useful Reason content/discussion. RT is pretty much the main place.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2023

I follow three Reason specific Discord channels: The (official?) one where also RS staff is in, another called Reason and the one owned by RT member Moofi.

tomusurp

29 Jul 2023

What are the Reason discord channels? Asking cuz I've been using Discord a lot more lately.

Otherwise I only follow this site and the reason subreddits. Never knew of KVR or any other areas since I didn't search for more. But this place is the most active that I know of
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

DJMaytag

29 Jul 2023

tomusurp wrote:
29 Jul 2023
What are the Reason discord channels? Asking cuz I've been using Discord a lot more lately.

Otherwise I only follow this site and the reason subreddits. Never knew of KVR or any other areas since I didn't search for more. But this place is the most active that I know of
Same question here, plus... what's the other Reason subreddit? I only know of r/Reasoners.

tomusurp

29 Jul 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
29 Jul 2023
tomusurp wrote:
29 Jul 2023

Same question here, plus... what's the other Reason subreddit? I only know of r/Reasoners.
just r/reason and r/reasoners
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

moalla

29 Jul 2023

Maverics german discord channel for reason, and the Gearspace GAS community :cool:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information