Kong hi hat issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Matt85

29 Oct 2023

Hey everyone, newbie here.

Basically I click on 'Browse Drum Patches' on the bottom right pad in Kong (the default pad for open hi hats) but the sample somehow ends up one pad to the left(the default pad for closed hi hats) and the pad that I was trying to assign the sample to, is silent when I click on/play it.

What am I doing wrong? I think it might be something to do with a choke function I have yet to learn about.

Thanks everyone.

Matt85

29 Oct 2023

Here is the pics of the problem as it's quite easy for me to confuse people:

JC1

29 Oct 2023

Are you able to link both those pads and press the pad you originally want it on and hear it played with the pad it's on or still silence?
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

robussc

29 Oct 2023

If you look at the Drum Assignment you’ll see that pad 4 is actually connected to Hit 4 of Pad 3. So you need to change the Hit 4 sample of Pad 3 to change the sound of Pad 4. Or simply disconnect Pad 4 from Pad 3.

They’re connected this way to emulate an open & closed hi hat.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

deigm

30 Oct 2023

Reset device before dragging in samples to remove the pre-configured settings.

• Information