"Black Friday Week" sales have begun in the Reason shop!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
_andreypetr_

22 Nov 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2023
Whoa!! Every individual RE by Blamsoft is on sale for $9!

That includes Expanse, VK-2, Zero, etc.
I have a lot of the Blamsoft RE's but I don't have Expanse or VK-2.

Will grab both but feel kind of guilty buying them for just $9 US! :|
They'll never be updated I guess

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2023

I have a lot of the Blamsoft RE's but I don't have Expanse or VK-2.

Will grab both but feel kind of guilty buying them for just $9 US! :|
They'll never be updated I guess
What do ou want them to update?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mcatalao
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023

(...)I expected that. RS seperated the two by their feature set / parameter set although both share the same synthesis technique. From RS point of view it is best to sell both instead of just one. :puf_smile:
More or less like that. The thing with phisical modelling on instruments, is that you model how the instrument behaves, the way the sound is produced, the way the sounds passes through the instrument, and the way you use the instrument.

So the techniques to model a piano are way different than the ones to model a guitar, to the ones you'd use on a percussive instrument or a friktioned string instrument. Just an example, the way you work out resonance on a drum, works out the frame, the skin and the room, in a piano, you work out the resonance with the wood frame, then you have the harp, and then you have the synpathetic resonance of the strings, and then the room. You account with where you hit in the skin on the frame drum, but where you hit the key on the piano is not very important because the mechanism of the piano always hits the string on the same spot. It's a very insteresting aproach, the developer has to study the instrument and design accordingly, and each instrument is a marvel by itself.

SoundFactor

22 Nov 2023

o_imseng wrote:
20 Nov 2023
Just to mentioning it as with the black friday sales you could make a huge bargain. These instruments were only part of Suite 11 and are not included in R12:

Scenic
Complex-1
Parsec
Umpf Club
Umpf Retro
Electric Bass
Drum Kits
Proc’ Pianos
Radical Keys
Layers
Layers Waves

You can buy my perpetual R11 Suite licence and get all these amazing rack extensions and ugprade to R12 for their black friday price of 99.
That results in a one of kind R12 "Suite" package. All these RE's would need to be purchased seperately.

My PM's are open.
I apologize for cross posting but I thought it is fitting.

Regards
Why would Reason 12 include less stuff than Reason 11....??? I fail to see the logic.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2023

SoundFactor wrote:
22 Nov 2023
o_imseng wrote:
20 Nov 2023
Just to mentioning it as with the black friday sales you could make a huge bargain. These instruments were only part of Suite 11 and are not included in R12:

Scenic
Complex-1
Parsec
Umpf Club
Umpf Retro
Electric Bass
Drum Kits
Proc’ Pianos
Radical Keys
Layers
Layers Waves

You can buy my perpetual R11 Suite licence and get all these amazing rack extensions and ugprade to R12 for their black friday price of 99.
That results in a one of kind R12 "Suite" package. All these RE's would need to be purchased seperately.

My PM's are open.
I apologize for cross posting but I thought it is fitting.

Regards
Why would Reason 12 include less stuff than Reason 11....??? I fail to see the logic.
Reason doesn't include these REs. It was a special bundle called Reason 11 Suite which was Reason 11 and all the Reason Studios Rack Extensions sold as one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

luckygreen

22 Nov 2023

Arpeg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
luckygreen wrote:
20 Nov 2023
To stay in budget I have to choose:

- Do I get Friktion Modeled Strings -- EUR 54,00 -- though I already have Objekt Modeling Synthesizer?

- Do I get BV-X Multimode Vocoder -- EUR 54,00 -- though I already have Rob Papen Rocoder (VST)?

- Does Robotic Bean Sequences -- EUR 32,00 -- add anything or does it better than my Lectric Panda Kompulsion?
Sequences.

There is so much to the device to explain that it is best to show Robotic Bean's 10 Quick Tip Video Playlist which is great :

Got you. Robotic Bean's devices are like Reason Studios devices: a tiny bit to expensive for my liking, even at sale, but then again: they seem to be well designed. I demoed Sequences and I like it. Nice handling indeed. There goes another EUR 32,00 *sigh* :puf_wink:
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

DaveyG

22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Considering that Expanse is on sale for $9 down from $149, shouldn't the shop say "Up to 94% off"? 🤔 :D
They've never been very good at those percentage things.
[insert link to a previous RT thread where RS had an "up to x%" sale but none of us could find anything with that reduction]

Loque

22 Nov 2023

DaveyG wrote:
22 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Considering that Expanse is on sale for $9 down from $149, shouldn't the shop say "Up to 94% off"? 🤔 :D
They've never been very good at those percentage things.
[insert link to a previous RT thread where RS had an "up to x%" sale but none of us could find anything with that reduction]
Maybe a "sort by discount amount" had helped the graphics designer which made the BF sale image?
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

22 Nov 2023

Lol yeah maybe they're just trying to be honest and fair using something like the average of the biggest discounts, rather than the few outliers. Because technically, when those few RE devs give away REs for free, you could say, "Up to 100% off!"

DaveyG

22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Lol yeah maybe they're just trying to be honest and fair using something like the average of the biggest discounts, rather than the few outliers. Because technically, when those few RE devs give away REs for free, you could say, "Up to 100% off!"
I think it's more likely that the Blamsoft reductions came in after they had prepared the web page.
If you made a word cloud for RS, the word "responsive" would be too small to read. :lol:

integerpoet

22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2023
(reminder that Black Friday is a thing in the RS shop)
Thanks! I'm the kind of person who might otherwise have let this pass me by.

I am not a synth collector — or rather I feel like I already have a decadent embarrassment of riches — but I did pick up a few players and effects.

The biggest win seems likely to be that I now have several amp sims to choose from so I don't have to cobble together combinators which aren't as convincing as my axe-wielding friends would like. Kudos to Kuassa for supporting the RE format.

But also I am looking forward to inflicting some of the player utilities from Enlightenspeed on other players like Pattern Mutator. :-)
Last edited by integerpoet on 22 Nov 2023, edited 2 times in total.

integerpoet

22 Nov 2023

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Maybe a "sort by discount amount" had helped the graphics designer which made the BF sale image?
Heh. It would have helped me, too. I imagine all of us were looking at that percentage along the way. Software pricing is weird and can be volatile even without a discount week, but that doesn't mean I am not extra-tempted by a large percentage off. Because I am a stupid neurotypical, apparently.

Also, for those who have not yet surfed the list, some developers marked down several extensions which also appear in a package but didn't mark down the package, so … yeah. With a few extra clicks you can get an effective discount on the package, which presumably was already an actual discount over the individual extensions.

integerpoet

22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Maybe they thought 70% was already sufficiently stretching believability. :-)

Arpeg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Arpeg wrote:
21 Nov 2023

Sequences.

There is so much to the device to explain that it is best to show Robotic Bean's 10 Quick Tip Video Playlist which is great :

Got you. Robotic Bean's devices are like Reason Studios devices: a tiny bit to expensive for my liking, even at sale, but then again: they seem to be well designed. I demoed Sequences and I like it. Nice handling indeed. There goes another EUR 32,00 *sigh* :puf_wink:
Aww Man, well done. Now 'Conditions' in Sequences is excellent and it is per step/note. It goes up to 256 steps, 32 steps x 8, to either SKIP or PLAY a note, plus, four or more options in 'conditions'. Not sure if Kompulsion has this. Also this octave trick may be useful for quick drops/changes :

This is important about gliding into other notes and length in general, great video :

gullum

23 Nov 2023

not buying anything but realised Kuazza have lots of new re's so they might get bought in the future

evolve187

23 Nov 2023

Too bad there is no love given to existing subscribers...I currently am under reason+ subscription until June 2024 but unfortunately the Black Friday deal (50% off) is only offered to new subscribers....booo Reason.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

Hazel

23 Nov 2023

Ok. I'm really poor this time around, but I used up my 25$ reward voucher and grabbed VK-2 & Expanse. I think I might have wanted Zero over the VK-2, but that one wasn't available in the rewards section unfortunately.Who knows though? Maybe it'll turn out that I really like the VK-2 once I start using it.

wereMole88

24 Nov 2023

evolve187 wrote:
23 Nov 2023
Too bad there is no love given to existing subscribers...I currently am under reason+ subscription until June 2024 but unfortunately the Black Friday deal (50% off) is only offered to new subscribers....booo Reason.
Last year I just bought a license through a 3rd party while my active subscription was still running. I've done so again this year (50% off). I think you just need to buy them during Black Friday and then you can utilize them when your current subscription stops.

Dionysus

25 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2023
Whoa!! Every individual RE by Blamsoft is on sale for $9!

That includes Expanse, VK-2, Zero, etc.
Chiming in to express my thanks for this post. For some time now, I have been disappointed in Reason Studios and vowed to never spend another dollar with them, neither instruments nor upgrades. So I don't even visit the web-store. But a high-end soft synth for €9 is too good to pass up, and when I saw your message, jumped onto this immediately. Almost feels like I'm robbing the Developer at that price, so if the sale is still on in a few days when I get paid, I am inclined to buy more of their gear. My last hurrah maybe.

SebAudio

26 Nov 2023

Hazel wrote:
23 Nov 2023
Ok. I'm really poor this time around, but I used up my 25$ reward voucher and grabbed VK-2 & Expanse. I think I might have wanted Zero over the VK-2, but that one wasn't available in the rewards section unfortunately.Who knows though? Maybe it'll turn out that I really like the VK-2 once I start using it.
Vk2 is great sounding ! It just miss a sequencer, the one in eXpanse is great and it sure does add to eXpanse. I’ve just bought it and I’m not enthusiastic : wavetable is not for me, I’m ok with Europa and didn’t find any preset in eXpanse that me made me think eXanpse is worth it

Loque

26 Nov 2023

SebAudio wrote:
26 Nov 2023
Hazel wrote:
23 Nov 2023
Vk2 is great sounding ! It just miss a sequencer, the one in eXpanse is great and it sure does add to eXpanse. I’ve just bought it and I’m not enthusiastic : wavetable is not for me, I’m ok with Europa and didn’t find any preset in eXpanse that me made me think eXanpse is worth it
eXpanse is also and additive and an FM synth and it has a huge amount of different shapers.
Reason12, Win10

• Information