Missing Instrument from Rack

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dionysus

26 Nov 2023

Hello. I bought Blamsoft Expanse Synthesizer a few days ago. All was working fine, but when opening a project today that used this instrument, there is a brown panel in its place that says it's missing !

The only other time I seen this is when using a 30-days demo on instruments. And to fix it, computer has to be connected to internet
But in this case I purchased the instrument.
And it is absolutely not 30 day demo. It is new computer, and I have not downloaded any demos of any instruments.

Yes to fix this I can go onto the internet, and reopen the project but my choice is to not be online. And I do not want to do this every time. So what is happening here ?

My Reason is 12.6.d48

ChulaCoola

26 Nov 2023

Reason Studios is up to version 12.7d3. Try updating it.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

DaveyG

26 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
26 Nov 2023
Yes to fix this I can go onto the internet, and reopen the project but my choice is to not be online.
Perhaps you should just go online for a short while.

dvdrtldg

26 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
26 Nov 2023
Yes to fix this I can go onto the internet, and reopen the project but my choice is to not be online

Dionysus

26 Nov 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
26 Nov 2023
Dionysus wrote:
26 Nov 2023
Yes to fix this I can go onto the internet, and reopen the project but my choice is to not be online
what are you trying to communicate here ? I'm really not interested in rude or smart alec internet strangers. If you can be online all the time then good for you, but my creative computer is not online. I dont have home internet. My computer does not have wifi and I dont have a very big data plan. Most of all my license is not a subscription and I have not agreed to any terms that say I need internet access. So please be considerate of other people instead of silly posts trying to shame me for your own laughs.

moneykube

26 Nov 2023

perhaps uninstall and reinstall the rack in companion ?? guessing here.... :idea:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

dvdrtldg

27 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
26 Nov 2023
what are you trying to communicate here ? I'm really not interested in rude or smart alec internet strangers. If you can be online all the time then good for you, but my creative computer is not online. I dont have home internet. My computer does not have wifi and I dont have a very big data plan. Most of all my license is not a subscription and I have not agreed to any terms that say I need internet access. So please be considerate of other people instead of silly posts trying to shame me for your own laughs.
Well then what you're describing is not really a "choice", but a set of circumstances that make it difficult for you to be online. In which case, my sympathies. But you could have said that in the first place. When you say "My choice is not to be online", it really does sound like you're making some sort of needlessly boutique decision. Like, "I'm on fire, but my choice is not to jump in the water because I don't want my shoes to get wet". In which case, *facepalm*

Anyway, nobody's trying to shame anyone. Sorry I made you feel that way

Loque

27 Nov 2023

You authorized Reason for long term use?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -and-later
Reason12, Win10

WarStar

27 Nov 2023

Something similar happened to me but it was a total random RE, Rob Pappen SubBoom.. it's says I need to be on line to use it which I've never had to do in the past. This happened right after I installed 2 Blamsoft synths.. and so you can't use jf offline like before

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

Loque wrote:
27 Nov 2023
Hello there. Yes my Reason is authenticated for long term use. No need for me to log in with password or internet connection.

To answer some other people's suggestions (thank you everyone).

I am not using the companion thing because the regular way of installing rack units is working 100% fine for everything else.

Why am I not installing 12.7 someone asked. Because Im so sick of doing a new install every time the company says they fixed something. It feels like I have been doing this 10 times since number 11. In reality it must be only six times tho, if I am on 12.6

Reason 12 has been nothing but a garbage software for me since day 1. Everything became broken. Graphics problems, random flashing lines all over the place. Strange blocks of pixels everywhere. For a while the play/stop buttons were blacked out. Just rubbish. My old computer was well within system requirements, but problems, problems problems with every new update. I want to get back into music but have been battling with this crap for more than a year maybe two years. So I ended up building a computer (first time for me, that was a challenge but great experience), with a pretty good chip and a dedicated 8gb video card. This was just for Reason, everything else I run works fine. Even software for graphics worked fine before, but I put myself into debt for Reason. The graphics problems are now gone mostly, on the new computer but for some small things that still suck but I can live with.

And now here I am AGAIN. New powerful computer. New problems as I described in the first post. But another mystery to deal with. Today the Expanse works fine, offline. WTF but thats good I guess. I didn't do anything, and it just started working.

But hello to a new problem. Earlier I saw that all rack units are available, but then the players are gone ! In the right-click menu they are all greyed out, both the Reason players and developer players. I dont know whether to scream or cry. I loved Reason so much before this version, and long ago made peace with all the missing basic features common in other DAWs. It's like my boyfriend got hit by a truck then spent two years being mistreated by a series of lousy back alleyway doctors.

The next time I download a new Reason will be the final version 12, when 13 is announced. I'm well and truly done with this companys software and wont be upgrading anymore. I am going learn another DAW and hopefully just use my Reason tools as plugins on a different platform. Spending more money I cant afford to spend, and spending more time on learning a new platform instead of making music.

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

WarStar wrote:
27 Nov 2023
Something similar happened to me but it was a total random RE, Rob Pappen SubBoom.. it's says I need to be on line to use it which I've never had to do in the past. This happened right after I installed 2 Blamsoft synths.. and so you can't use jf offline like before
That is a crazy story that makes no sense. Just like mine makes no sense in another way (I mentioned upstairs that my Blamsoft rack just began working offline, but then players became disabled). My god this might be Y2K, 23 years late. Joking of course, but these breakages in Reason since 12 are like nothing I have ever experienced with software before.

Loque

28 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
Loque wrote:
27 Nov 2023
Hello there. Yes my Reason is authenticated for long term use. No need for me to log in with password or internet connection.

To answer some other people's suggestions (thank you everyone).

I am not using the companion thing because the regular way of installing rack units is working 100% fine for everything else.

Why am I not installing 12.7 someone asked. Because Im so sick of doing a new install every time the company says they fixed something. It feels like I have been doing this 10 times since number 11. In reality it must be only six times tho, if I am on 12.6

Reason 12 has been nothing but a garbage software for me since day 1. Everything became broken. Graphics problems, random flashing lines all over the place. Strange blocks of pixels everywhere. For a while the play/stop buttons were blacked out. Just rubbish. My old computer was well within system requirements, but problems, problems problems with every new update. I want to get back into music but have been battling with this crap for more than a year maybe two years. So I ended up building a computer (first time for me, that was a challenge but great experience), with a pretty good chip and a dedicated 8gb video card. This was just for Reason, everything else I run works fine. Even software for graphics worked fine before, but I put myself into debt for Reason. The graphics problems are now gone mostly, on the new computer but for some small things that still suck but I can live with.

And now here I am AGAIN. New powerful computer. New problems as I described in the first post. But another mystery to deal with. Today the Expanse works fine, offline. WTF but thats good I guess. I didn't do anything, and it just started working.

But hello to a new problem. Earlier I saw that all rack units are available, but then the players are gone ! In the right-click menu they are all greyed out, both the Reason players and developer players. I dont know whether to scream or cry. I loved Reason so much before this version, and long ago made peace with all the missing basic features common in other DAWs. It's like my boyfriend got hit by a truck then spent two years being mistreated by a series of lousy back alleyway doctors.

The next time I download a new Reason will be the final version 12, when 13 is announced. I'm well and truly done with this companys software and wont be upgrading anymore. I am going learn another DAW and hopefully just use my Reason tools as plugins on a different platform. Spending more money I cant afford to spend, and spending more time on learning a new platform instead of making music.
I just ignore your rant and try to focus on your problem.

AFAIK, you cannot authorize your purchased RE without Companion. So i recommend to update to 12.7, install Companion, update licenses and long term authorize your computer.

Except i missed something or you just did not wrote, your eXpanse is not authorized to your computer.
Reason12, Win10

NoiseCrime

28 Nov 2023

Loque wrote:
28 Nov 2023
AFAIK, you cannot authorize your purchased RE without Companion. So i recommend to update to 12.7, install Companion, update licenses and long term authorize your computer.
That's not true, at least at the moment. I'm still on 12.6.1 and within the last two weeks have been using the Reason Authorizer to register purchases and demo Rack Extensions.

Perhaps if you update to 12.7 then the Reason Authoriser no longer works, but I'd have to upgrade to try that out.

However I did download the companion a few days ago and used it to download some Black Friday purchases and was a bit annoyed that it didn't seem to register them. Instead I pretty sure it, or maybe Reason opened the Authorizer and I had to register via it.

Again this might just be a weird conflict by having the companion but not upgrading to 12.7 - not sure.

As to the OP's issue, I did have a few suggestions such as did you ever download a demo of that synth? However further posts just confuse the issue, like the synth suddenly worked fine again today, but there are a whole lot of other weird behaviours.

None of that seems normal, so something else must be going on here. I seem to remember running into an issue where i'd activated the year online check, but for some reason when I lost my network connection my racks wanted to be registered again, though going online again fixed that, but i've not tested again since.

Are you sure your computer is not connected to internet? It sounds like it has to be connected at times in order to download and register both Reason and the racks, so could it be accessing somehow without you knowing? In which case maybe my experience above is a hint as to what's going on, though quite what I'm not sure. Perhaps as the yearly activation updates every time you connect online its getting out of sync with the registering/activation of the racks?

DaveyG

28 Nov 2023

None of us can really say what the problem is and if you ask RS support they will almost certainly tell you to install the latest Reason and the latest Companion.

I'm on R11 so I've no experience of the Companion but I do know that there are ghosts in the Authoriser code. My PC is authorised but sometimes Reason will make me login anyway. Other times I'll start Reason and it will say my licences are out of date and then proceed to (slowly) update them. I have no demos or rented stuff. It's just Authoriser getting it wrong.

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

Loque wrote:
28 Nov 2023
I just ignore your rant and try to focus on your problem.

Except i missed something or you just did not wrote, your eXpanse is not authorized to your computer.
what do you want me to say. Reason 12 is so great, I just love spending money on data plans every time something new breaks. Its the best software in the planet and the headaches and stress is my favorite thing to do for a license I bought that does not say i should be online to use it every time. All my other computer software sux because it creates no problems for me ever. I love dealing with garbage it makes me feel alive and gives me something to do because i have nothing else in my life happening. its so good i will buy five licenses because it makes me so happy. hope my positive-only feedback is acceptable and I should stay quiet about these problems if i have complaints.

for your information I have more than 100 racks that work with no problem. and of course that today even expanse works with no problem

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
28 Nov 2023
I also recommend updating to 12.7 and installing and using only Companion.
Hello. is 12.7 the last version of your software? I will download ONE LAST TIME if this is the end, and use that companion thing, which honestly i dont know what it provides that makes it any different to the other way things have always worked. If you want to tell me in private DM that this is the end of the updates then I can organize to do it.

I will say again, it is not easy for me to download new version every time something new breaks. More than everything I have explained earlier about computer not being always connected, it is also not possible to download like normal, I have to use torrent download software otherwise there are timeouts. Found this out the hard way after blowing six month's of data plan. for security reasons I do not keep dangerous torrent software on this new computer and it only installs essential tools no bloatware or suspicious apps.

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

NoiseCrime wrote:
28 Nov 2023

Are you sure your computer is not connected to internet? It sounds like it has to be connected at times in order to download and register both Reason and the racks, so could it be accessing somehow without you knowing? In which case maybe my experience above is a hint as to what's going on, though quite what I'm not sure. Perhaps as the yearly activation updates every time you connect online its getting out of sync with the registering/activation of the racks?
Thanks you, computer is 100% not connected to internet between use. It is easy for me to know this because computer needs me to physically plug in usb cable every time for internet. also i turn computer off every time and switch off AC power at the wall.

Yearly activating is not the problem either I have only use this computer for about six weeks. The computer did not exist before then. And in this time there was no problem with other paid racks. Or maybe you are saying it is a bug, sorry this week my brain is not working so well this week because.. well i dont need to explain in public.

maybe the problem is expanse but i really dont want to blame developers without proof. it doesnt make sense anyway because new problem is missing players. dont know how its possible for a rack to kill other parts ! This is a Reason problem, as usual.

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

NoiseCrime wrote:
28 Nov 2023

Again this might just be a weird conflict by having the companion but not upgrading to 12.7 - not sure.
good troubleshooting suggestion. in case i accidently installed companion, but turns out to be not true for me. Just checked, companion is not on the computer
image_2023-11-29_053952793.png
image_2023-11-29_053952793.png (32.66 KiB) Viewed 66524 times

joeyluck

28 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
28 Nov 2023
I also recommend updating to 12.7 and installing and using only Companion.
Hello. is 12.7 the last version of your software? I will download ONE LAST TIME if this is the end, and use that companion thing, which honestly i dont know what it provides that makes it any different to the other way things have always worked. If you want to tell me in private DM that this is the end of the updates then I can organize to do it.

I will say again, it is not easy for me to download new version every time something new breaks. More than everything I have explained earlier about computer not being always connected, it is also not possible to download like normal, I have to use torrent download software otherwise there are timeouts. Found this out the hard way after blowing six month's of data plan. for security reasons I do not keep dangerous torrent software on this new computer and it only installs essential tools no bloatware or suspicious apps.
12.7 is the version I'm on if that's what you're asking. I can't speak to their plans for updates. I can tell you that this is update #20 for Reason 12 🤘 as they continuously work to improve and polish the software.

Companion is so much better than Authorizer. It was previously only available to Reason+ users. I'm happy perpetual users can use it now.

I'm not sure what Authorizer does behind the scenes. Codemeter support was discontinued, so perhaps an issue you are having is that Authorizer simply can't authorize REs to your computer, because it used Codemeter for that before. Reason support could answer that question.

stillifegaijin

28 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
This is a Reason problem, as usual.
But I don't think it is. From all of your anti-Reason / anti-update ranting I suspect there is a user issue. As nearly everyone has suggested, you should update to 12.7. Connecting to the internet might be a hassle but you can do it. And is it any less of a hassle than your current course of action?

Updates are not evil. Updates are not a scam. Updates exist for a reason.

DaveyG

28 Nov 2023

stillifegaijin wrote:
28 Nov 2023
They should have that as a tagline :lol: :lol: :lol:

WarStar

28 Nov 2023

Here's the weird thing, like the OP, I recently bought two Blamsoft REs and installed them via authorizor and had no issues what so ever. But after making the install the authorizor updated a few REs and one of them was Pappens SubBoom.. and now, arbitrarily it seems, that I have to longin online to use SubBoom.. it really makes no sense lol I don't use subBoom but what if I did? I've used it in the past and no issues using off-line

joeyluck

28 Nov 2023

WarStar wrote:
28 Nov 2023
Here's the weird thing, like the OP, I recently bought two Blamsoft REs and installed them via authorizor and had no issues what so ever. But after making the install the authorizor updated a few REs and one of them was Pappens SubBoom.. and now, arbitrarily it seems, that I have to longin online to use SubBoom.. it really makes no sense lol I don't use subBoom but what if I did? I've used it in the past and no issues using off-line
I believe this has to do with Codemeter no longer being supported? If you use Authorizer and you install a new RE or update a RE, you will need to use online authorization for that RE because Authorizer can't update the RE license for offline use. You need to use Companion or get in touch with support.

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

stillifegaijin wrote:
28 Nov 2023
Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
This is a Reason problem, as usual.
But I don't think it is. From all of your anti-Reason / anti-update ranting I suspect there is a user issue. As nearly everyone has suggested, you should update to 12.7. Connecting to the internet might be a hassle but you can do it. And is it any less of a hassle than your current course of action?

Dont make the mistake to think I am new to Reason because of my joining date. I have been using it for a long time and am not anti-Reason. Never a problem until the new one. I am anti Reason 12, which has been as unpleasant as a large carrot stuck inside my butthole for 2 years and cost me $3000

So sure how about I upload the exe for an 11th time, to fix yet another problem. Honestly you guys must think I am Chef Bezos to be blowing more and more money more and more data and pray that the next one will work out just fine. And what happens when I delete the old version, probably all my 150 rack units will disappear too so I can start all over again with a one year data plan on the companion bloatware service to reinstall everything I already have, that replaces the authorizer thats worked perfectly fine for me over years and years.

Im so happy for you if you have not had problems, but Reason 12 for me is nothing but badly drawn junkware. There's plenty of words on the internet about the ongoing graphics display problems for some people. Mostly they are gone but there are still little display imperfections that never existed before. And the rack-in-a-rack-in-a-rack is just dumb, as well as losing controls on the audio rack. I know thats never gonna change now, so will live with it, but this latest problem is the end of my patience. I wish it came with a box so I could throw it out of my goddam studio window into the sewer canal

So, lets go, Reason 12.7. Until Reason 12.8 breaks something else. Then Reason 12.9 and so on and so on. Upgrade upgrade upgrade buy buy buy buy buy and anyone who doesnt play along with this bandage over bandage release trend is a fool that will be ridiculed by the reason loverboys

• Information