United Plugins Randomachine - Free for 3 days

Discuss VST stuff here!

klasson

18 Apr 2024

Looks quite interesting, and since its free worth a try.
Thanks for the tip!

Mataya

19 Apr 2024

I regret installing it. I have take a few deep breaths in the future before such announcements.

PhillipOrdonez

19 Apr 2024

Mataya wrote:
19 Apr 2024
I regret installing it. I have take a few deep breaths in the future before such announcements.
Can you explain why you regret installing it?

Mataya

19 Apr 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
19 Apr 2024
Mataya wrote:
19 Apr 2024
Maybe. Most important, I don't see master volume which is needed in my opinion.
I don't really like the sound of the effects. Grainy and cheap sounding. Ambience is the worst for me. There should be oversampling option in the right click. I don't see one.
Seems like I can make a much better and customizable thing in combinator. Using LaunchEon for randomizing CV states, or rather "gliding" trough them. Great device.
Sensitivity knob seems to not work on ambience and pan ...

I just don't need it. Nuendo has a pretty simple similar plug built in and I use it sometimes to change repetitive samples. Like swords and punches for mobile games for example. I just thought this one will serve the similar purpose and possible be even better. Not really. Also, I hate creating new F'''' accounts.

M

Mataya

19 Apr 2024

Mataya wrote:
19 Apr 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
19 Apr 2024

I don't really like the sound of the effects. Grainy and cheap sounding. Ambience is the worst for me. No way to adjust those. There should be oversampling option in the right click. I don't see one.
Seems like I can make a much better and customizable thing in combinator. Using LaunchEon for randomizing CV states, or rather "gliding" trough them. Great device.

I just don't need it. Nuendo has a pretty simple similar plug built in and I use it sometimes to change repetitive samples. Like swords and punches for mobile games for example. I just thought this one will serve the similar purpose and possible be even better. Not really. Also, I hate creating new F'''' accounts.

M

PhillipOrdonez

19 Apr 2024

Mataya wrote:
19 Apr 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
19 Apr 2024

I don't really like the sound of the effects. Grainy and cheap sounding. Ambience is the worst for me. There should be oversampling option in the right click. I don't see one.

M
Yeah i wasn't impressed, to say the least, with the sound of this from the video posted here.

DaveyG

19 Apr 2024

You should ask for a refund. :lol:

It can work well on percussive sounds but it's easy to overdo it with the knobs and/or by trying to use all the effects at once. Dial in about 20% on one or two of the sections and you get a fairly subtle variation.

Deep Schulzz

19 Apr 2024

For me it's a nice surprise. I like what it does.

challism

19 Apr 2024

I moved this to the VST forum (I assume it's a VST?). Doesn't belong in "General Reason"
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

19 Apr 2024

Looking forward to trying it out.

I was a bit confused because on the UnitedPlugins site it says it is by Soundevice Digital, but I got an email receipt from MeldaProduction, which I guess United Plugins is now a part of Melda, but the plugins are not on the Melda site.

DaveyG

19 Apr 2024

challism wrote:
19 Apr 2024
I moved this to the VST forum (I assume it's a VST?). Doesn't belong in "General Reason"
Yeah, I like to give the mods something to do. It makes them feel useful.

jaeproduced

19 Apr 2024

Kool, I'm glad someone else took the plunge first I kind of figured it was a waste of time and I didn't see you I could use it...

PhillipOrdonez

20 Apr 2024

joeyluck wrote:
19 Apr 2024

I was a bit confused because on the UnitedPlugins site it says it is by Soundevice Digital, but I got an email receipt from MeldaProduction, which I guess United Plugins is now a part of Melda, but the plugins are not on the Melda site.
Interesting, they are indeed part of Melda:

https://unitedplugins.com/about

Loque

20 Apr 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Apr 2024
joeyluck wrote:
19 Apr 2024

Interesting, they are indeed part of Melda:

https://unitedplugins.com/about
Yiek!
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

20 Apr 2024

And, in turn, Melda are part of Image-Line, purveyors of Fl Studio.

(Image-Line also own UVI and WA Productions)

PhillipOrdonez

20 Apr 2024

Some would say monopolies are inescapable within capitalism and they might probably have a point 🤔

challism

21 Apr 2024

DaveyG wrote:
19 Apr 2024
challism wrote:
19 Apr 2024
Yeah, I like to give the mods something to do. It makes them feel useful.
Nice effort, but it didn't make me feel useful.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information