Bouncing Midi

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BasilFearr

28 Apr 2024

Once upon a time I knew how to export a single midi track with one instrument on it. What steps do you take to export a song that has, say, 5 tracks so that you have 5 individual midi files? I use Reason 11.

huggermugger

29 Apr 2024

You can't export individual tracks in a Reason project as MIDI files. Reason can only export a single MIDI file containing all the MIDI tracks. The only way to do it is to delete all the tracks in the project EXCEPT the one you want, then export. The workaround is to save a backup of your project. Then open the backup and one by one, delete the unwanted tracks, export a MIDI file of the one remaining track, then UNDO, then repeat the process, for each track.

moneykube

29 Apr 2024

huggermugger wrote:
29 Apr 2024
You can't export individual tracks in a Reason project as MIDI files. Reason can only export a single MIDI file containing all the MIDI tracks. The only way to do it is to delete all the tracks in the project EXCEPT the one you want, then export. The workaround is to save a backup of your project. Then open the backup and one by one, delete the unwanted tracks, export a MIDI file of the one remaining track, then UNDO, then repeat the process, for each track.
:shock: :o That seems tedious. I hope they update this "feature". :exclamation:
Thanks for the info... there was a few times I was scratching my head over this exact thing. :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information