Announcing Reason 13

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mind2069

03 May 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
03 May 2024
mind2069 wrote:
03 May 2024

The thing is I dont want to add another device just for low / high cut, 2 simples knobs that are very easy to implement in the device

I have noticed the feedback filter but I cant seem to view the actual low and high cut off knobs (frequency cut off)

If I select low/high will the freq shift / offset be renamed high / low cut (or pass)

If it's the case then I take back my comment.
It switches the entire filter section and you can adjust low/high cut both in the display and by dragging the values.

This is perfect, I stand corrected, you guys went all the way (high/low cut, ducking ect)

PhillipOrdonez

03 May 2024

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 May 2024
I sometimes use Live and I never use the scale folding. Not saying that doesn't make it useful but I generally don't like being locked into a scale or mode. I think I'd always choose to have all the notes there and just...use the ones that work. Or be able to go in and out of scale/mode as the song dictates. Again not knocking the concept but certainly not missing it over here.
Folding is great but not related to scale. It can be very helpful to focus on just the notes you've entered instead of having the entire piano roll. The scale thing of coloring the scale or only showing scale notes is fine i guess but i don't use that as much as folding notes on live. Fantastic when your working with drums for example.

Popey
Competition Winner

03 May 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
03 May 2024
mind2069 wrote:
03 May 2024

The thing is I dont want to add another device just for low / high cut, 2 simples knobs that are very easy to implement in the device

I have noticed the feedback filter but I cant seem to view the actual low and high cut off knobs (frequency cut off)

If I select low/high will the freq shift / offset be renamed high / low cut (or pass)

It switches the entire filter section and you can adjust low/high cut both in the display and by dragging the values.

Any idea when we will see a video or similar Mattias?. Signed up for the beta but might be good to show some more teasers so people have a better idea of what it can do (and might mean people have less questions).

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

03 May 2024

Popey wrote:
03 May 2024
MattiasHG wrote:
03 May 2024

Any idea when we will see a video or similar Mattias?. Signed up for the beta but might be good to show some more teasers so people have a better idea of what it can do (and might mean people have less questions).
It's only been a day, don't worry—we'll have plenty to share up until launch.

luckygreen

03 May 2024

EnochLight wrote:
02 May 2024
... I do hope people reserve judgement until they've tried it. So sad to see the doom and gloom posts. ...
On one side: true. Save the final judgement until 13 is out in the wild. And yes, maybe we get one or another small features afterwards. On the other hand: RS has a history of ignoring most simple and essential feature requests for decades. So everyone requesting basic features will most likely be disappointed by 13. We all like or even love Reason. That's why we care so much. But still Reason could be so much better with some simple features like markers, folder tracks, FLAC support and fullsreen mode. No rocket science, really. It is so painful to see that those basic features most probably still do not exist in the upcomming version of Reason.
Last edited by luckygreen on 03 May 2024, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

spacepluk

03 May 2024

I'm very excited for all the future updates now that all the VST3/AppleSilicon bullshit is behind us :mrgreen:

chimp_spanner

03 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
03 May 2024
I'm very excited for all the future updates now that all the VST3/AppleSilicon bullshit is behind us :mrgreen:
I've just moved (back) to Mac and pleased that everything I use is Silicon now! I was expecting it to be hassle and to have to leave some things out of my setup or check that I'm not running in Rosetta but yeah, been pretty painless.

tewoc

03 May 2024

luckygreen wrote:
03 May 2024
EnochLight wrote:
02 May 2024
... I do hope people reserve judgement until they've tried it. So sad to see the doom and gloom posts. ...
On one side: true. Save the final judgement until 13 is out in the wild. And yes, maybe we get one or another small features afterwards. On the other hand: RS has a history of ignoring most simple and essential feature requests for decades. So everyone requesting basic features will most likely be disappointed by 13. We all like or even love Reason. That's why we care so much. But still Reason could be so much better with some simple features like markers, folder tracks, FLAC support and fullsreen mode. No rocket science, really. It is so painful to see that those basic features most probably still do not exist in the upcomming version of Reason.
:thumbs_up: Its really painful, espeacially as a Reason user from the early days.

Liimusic

03 May 2024

tewoc wrote:
03 May 2024
luckygreen wrote:
03 May 2024

:thumbs_up: Its really painful, espeacially as a Reason user from the early days.

Many forget what reason looked like in version 10. No VST 3, no HD graphics, no M1 support, slow and unstable. In the case of other DAWs such as Live, Bitwig, Logic or S1, which could program their features more easily, you sometimes had to rewrite Reason to implement a new feature at all. And thats like rocket science 🧪
Now that the difficult programming things are through, it is also easy for them to realize our desired features we want.

I'm looking forward to version 13. I think we'll all be positively surprised. And I am sure that in further .1 .2 .3 updates we will see even more workflow features.

tewoc

03 May 2024

:puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile:

spacepluk

03 May 2024

Liimusic wrote:
03 May 2024
I'm looking forward to version 13. I think we'll all be positively surprised. And I am sure that in further .1 .2 .3 updates we will see even more workflow features.
word

chimp_spanner

03 May 2024

I will say even as a long time user (like 2 onwards) there are some things that I don't use as much as I should, mostly due to them currently being in the F8 toolbox or dotted around in menus. So I'm really looking forward to those being brought into the new editor pane. Also, superficial as it might seem, a visual refresh can really make working in software feel fun and exciting. The new dark mode looks really good from what I can see. Can't see myself ever not using that...but then who currently uses light mode? The kinda person who eats dinner with the big light on, I bet ;)

Joking. Ish.

deeplink
Competition Winner

03 May 2024

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 May 2024
...but then who currently uses light mode? The kinda person who eats dinner with the big light on, I bet ;)
Personally attacked.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

chimp_spanner

03 May 2024

deeplink wrote:
03 May 2024
chimp_spanner wrote:
03 May 2024
...but then who currently uses light mode? The kinda person who eats dinner with the big light on, I bet ;)
Personally attacked.
Hahaha sorry sorry! :lol:

nadj

03 May 2024

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 May 2024
I'm definitely a light mode guy. Dark mode does my eyes in.

Was personally hoping for punch in/out, being a guitarist, but actually got really used to recording entire takes from start to finish of the entire song. Did wonders for my playing.

Anyway, will probably wait a long while to upgrade as I find the way things are in v12 to be nearly perfect for me. Tried a few other DAWs but can't get to grips with them. I really like the simplicity of Reason's sequencer.

chimp_spanner

03 May 2024

nadj wrote:
03 May 2024
chimp_spanner wrote:
03 May 2024
I'm definitely a light mode guy. Dark mode does my eyes in.

Was personally hoping for punch in/out, being a guitarist, but actually got really used to recording entire takes from start to finish of the entire song. Did wonders for my playing.

Anyway, will probably wait a long while to upgrade as I find the way things are in v12 to be nearly perfect for me. Tried a few other DAWs but can't get to grips with them. I really like the simplicity of Reason's sequencer.
I've done a lot of guitar work in Reason! Mostly the way I work is cycle recording. I also have a temporary 'tracking' audio track, so I can play into the section I'm recording without overwriting existing guitars. Then I just move the tracking take down to my left guitar channel, repeat, move down to right. Within each take I just keep going on loop until I've got something I like. Oddly enough I don't comp. Maybe I should? But I kinda like getting one single take that flows nicely, even if it's not 100% perfect.

Interestingly with the light/vs dark mode thing, I've trained my brain to associate dark mode on my Mac with chill time. I put it on while watching movies and talking to my partner. If I try to start work the next day in dark mode I absolutely can't do it. Has to be light. That's on the OS level though. DAWs, I'm 100% darkness, 100% of the time ;)

StephenHutchinson

03 May 2024

Neo wrote:
03 May 2024
While everyone is sharing thoughts.
Id love to have more colour options. Forgive the fast image edit

Solid State Logic SSL 4056 EG Mixing Console E.png
Exactly. Even the simple RGB pallette that Microsoft Word has would be amazing! How hard would it be to have this integrated in Reason?
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

robussc

03 May 2024

Liimusic wrote:
03 May 2024
Many forget what reason looked like in version 10.[...] slow and unstable.
Not my memory of R1 at all, it was a revelation and the first real "virtual studio technology" implementation - in the truest sense of those words.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Haku

03 May 2024

I love it, man! The best thing since sliced bread!
The number of songs I made it in the loo, in the tube, while coitusing all of them a banger, no pun intended.

Faastwalker wrote:
02 May 2024
Haku wrote:
02 May 2024
Is the new Polytone synth coming to the Reason mobile as well?
Reason Mobile? Is that still a thing?

Marc Swing

03 May 2024

So no folder tracks? No multi-midi support for vst? No ARA support? So that you can use plugins like VocAlign.

Nothing?

"A floting browser"

Naah i'll think i'll pass!....

Reminiscence

03 May 2024

Where's the promo vid? Some companies have them even for point updates. Just saying. I need some skull and bones, some beast smashing tones. Not this avant garde techno electro which doesn't seem to fit my workflow or choice of reality.

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
03 May 2024
mind2069 wrote:
03 May 2024

I have to say this simple feature alone may make Ripley a replacement for The Echo in all my future projects!
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2024

Reminiscence wrote:
03 May 2024
Where's the promo vid?
To save time, they are just going to publish the specific text prompt so that we can generate the video on our end using AI…
Selig Audio, LLC

yahsmith

03 May 2024

Has the mixer changed? none of the pictures show it…a dark theme is needed.. when you are in a dark theme and you open up the mixer, it’s hard on the eyes

crimsonwarlock

03 May 2024

Reminiscence wrote:
03 May 2024
Where's the promo vid? Some companies have them even for point updates.
Promo videos normally go live on the release date. Even influencers that get early access and make videos before the release are (in most cases) under embargo to not release anything before the actual release date.

You can currently sign up for the public beta, under the express prerogative to not discus any information regarding the beta in public. That should make it clear why there are no promo videos yet. You'll have to wait until June 18th :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information