I need some help with Reason Remote

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
spacepluk

03 May 2024

I'm making a remote script for my Native Instruments Kontrol S61 mk3 and so far I've managed to get most of the stuff working like it does on the other DAWs that are supported including: KK/Kontakt/MIDI switching, Mixer VU meters, etc. I'm super happy with how it's turning out and I intend to share it in the forum once it's finished and cleaned up.

Now there's just a couple of things that I can't figure out and I'm not sure if they are possible at all. So here are my questions:
  • Is there any way to know which Channel # from the Reason Master Section corresponds to the currently selected track?
  • Can I get the total channel count from somewhere?
  • Also I'm not sure how to detect when a Channel/Track is deleted... but I wouldn't need this if I find solutions to the other two.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

jam-s

03 May 2024

If you have not yet downloaded it you should get the Remote SDK from here: https://developer.reasonstudios.com/dow ... r-products
This should cover pretty much all the things which can be done using Remote.

spacepluk

04 May 2024

jam-s wrote:
03 May 2024
If you have not yet downloaded it you should get the Remote SDK from here: https://developer.reasonstudios.com/dow ... r-products
This should cover pretty much all the things which can be done using Remote.
I did! But I still need some help with the above :)

jam-s

04 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
03 May 2024
Now there's just a couple of things that I can't figure out and I'm not sure if they are possible at all. So here are my questions:
  • Is there any way to know which Channel # from the Reason Master Section corresponds to the currently selected track?
  • Can I get the total channel count from somewhere?
  • Also I'm not sure how to detect when a Channel/Track is deleted... but I wouldn't need this if I find solutions to the other two.
As tracks in the sequencer are not related to mix channels in Reason I don't think question 1 and 3 are applicable. The total number of mix channels might be something you can get. I think the remote codec from MixerJaexx for the X-touch could give some inspiration here. He might also have some good hints for you if you can get in touch with him.

robussc

04 May 2024

How are you liking the mk3? I’m still on the mk1 which has been great, but the plastic is starting to degrade on the wheels.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

spacepluk

05 May 2024

jam-s wrote:
04 May 2024
As tracks in the sequencer are not related to mix channels in Reason I don't think question 1 and 3 are applicable. The total number of mix channels might be something you can get. I think the remote codec from MixerJaexx for the X-touch could give some inspiration here. He might also have some good hints for you if you can get in touch with him.
Thanks! Super helpful!

spacepluk

05 May 2024

robussc wrote:
04 May 2024
How are you liking the mk3? I’m still on the mk1 which has been great, but the plastic is starting to degrade on the wheels.
I like it a lot! I can only compare it with the mk2 though. The new keybed feels a bit different (because if the poly aftertouch I think) but it's still top tier. And the software still needs some work but most of the important stuff is already working great for me.

robussc

05 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
05 May 2024
robussc wrote:
04 May 2024
I like it a lot! I can only compare it with the mk2 though. The new keybed feels a bit different (because if the poly aftertouch I think) but it's still top tier. And the software still needs some work but most of the important stuff is already working great for me.
Cool, thanks!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

djsmex

09 May 2024

Yes, you are totally right, there is no direct relation from sequencer tracks to main mixer channels. There are remote items that can bank through the main mixer channels but to keep a running total of main mixer channels you will need to use lua code to check and store the total which will need updating on every event that may alter the value from duplicating channels to inserting instruments or parallel channels etc.
There is a select main mixer channel remote item but is limited to a range of 0 to 127 running this through a loop and checking each channel may be one method of counting mix channels up to 128.
What may be nice, is to have a second midi out mapped to a virtual port so that text data could be sent to a web browser to give speech feedback, a little like the nks accessibility feature of these keyboards. Unfortunately I only have the M32 at present.
:rebirth: :recycle: :reason: :re: :refill: :refillpacker:
youtube @johnsexton8082
www.reasonremoter.co.uk

• Information