Automate changing Synchronus patchs in a phrase

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

07 May 2024

Windows 10
Reason 10
Hi
I'm running a Subtractor through an RPG 8 and a Synchronus
I found that I like to change the whole Patch of the synchronus in the middle of a phrase. Yet it appears no way to automate that that I know of
Maybe I have to make four separate tracks and four separate Synchronus of the same phrase and automate it in the mixer?
Thoughts ?

Bes
Competition Winner

07 May 2024

why four? it doesn't matter, running the devices in parallel and switching the channels in a mixer is going to be very automation friendly for you

you can probably use remote codec/override to assign a midi control to the patch bump arrows, then set a folder with the desired patches in order then perform and record the patch switching but i've not messed about that way before
- Certified Reason expert

deeplink
Competition Winner

07 May 2024

No you can't automate patch changes, without jumping through hoops using midiloop back.

Best you place your different Syncronous patches in series, and then automate the Bypass/On switch, alternatively automate the dry/wet knob on each Syncronous. Though this might be an issue for any reverb/delay tails - as they will get cut off immediately once the relative Syncronous device is bypassed.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

calebbrennan

07 May 2024

Very helpful thanx

PhillipOrdonez

07 May 2024

I would use a free re which i can't remember the name of right now but I'm sure someone else here can tell you the exact name. It's something with a/b. There's two of them, but one of them will be the one you need. Basically it allows you to choose one of several outputs for a signal using midi. So you hook up the subtractor output to it and the outputs of those a/b Re to your synchronous devices.
To keep things clean i would use a mixer device for those synchronous as a sub mixer and then that mixer would go to the big mixer mix channel for the whole thing.

Kinda complicated? Yes. Might be better off with parallel channels? Maybe? Depends on your workflow and what you prefer. Reason gives you options to achieve the same thing and that's great imo 👍

madmacman

07 May 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
07 May 2024
I would use a free re which i can't remember the name of right now but I'm sure someone else here can tell you the exact name. It's something with a/b. There's two of them, but one of them will be the one you need.
Either the ones from pongasoft:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... =pongasoft

Or the Xfader from Groovy Melon:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rossfader/#

PhillipOrdonez

07 May 2024

madmacman wrote:
07 May 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
07 May 2024
I would use a free re which i can't remember the name of right now but I'm sure someone else here can tell you the exact name. It's something with a/b. There's two of them, but one of them will be the one you need.
Either the ones from pongasoft:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... =pongasoft

Or the Xfader from Groovy Melon:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rossfader/#
Thank you madmacman! Pongasoft 12 out is the one I mean! 🙏

PhillipOrdonez

07 May 2024

Hey op, i got another suggestion which is actually what I would prefer doing as it's what I find most elegant: I would bounce in place clips for each synchronous patch, and edit and arrange them on the sequencer.

• Information