FXP/FXB - What VST?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

Hi all,

Is there any way to find out what VST a particular FXP/FXB belongs to? Prior to Reason having VST capability, i collected some FXP/FXB files in anticipation of using them down the road. For the most part, I had been very religious in organizing them into folders named after the developer and VST device, but some have slipped through the cracks. Thanks in advance.

Loque

28 May 2018

Wow... That is something I never thought about before I used vst... I tend to put my vst in a Combinator now.

Try to open with text editor and look if you can see something useful.
Reason12, Win10

Exowildebeest

28 May 2018

Yeah open in a text editor and you'll likely find some clues - I just checked with various patches.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

Loque wrote:
28 May 2018
Tried that already, but it looks encrypted and basically is unreadable.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

This looks promising. I will try it out and report my findings.

http://www.bigtickaudio.com/zen/about-zen

Exowildebeest

28 May 2018

Despondo wrote:
28 May 2018
Loque wrote:
28 May 2018
Tried that already, but it looks encrypted and basically is unreadable.
Look at the top of the text, there should be clues there. Cryptic, but not encrypted. For patches at least - banks I'm not sure.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

Exowildebeest wrote:
28 May 2018
Look at the top of the text, there should be clues there. Cryptic, but not encrypted. For patches at least - banks I'm not sure.
Am I missing something? I don't see anything except for the name of the patch:

Code: Select all

CcnK·FPChXfsXBladerunner Synth•xÌ[PïE^@±P…,©Õ'
௧s˜pAy(pTîÃDC≈Ùb¯÷rÆ—ÕR«¬◊î)=L3ß"≥î∞—ßk|&(Vjñ:FR÷–Ó˛ˇ^.?jw¶Ig¸wgŒˆÒùsvœ9ªÛœ˛˜û∂˝πÉêÂîz≠4eÃó'Îuê:Qaè•g7	úl{±J	Má√C‡Œ|óÈão§ØÒ◊qûRüÉifl…ÌäˆhÕ®^üóƒÈ„ı8é_B™9cÛk‚&Æ©õ∏fn‚º›ƒ˘∏âkÓ&Œ◊M\7qw∏⪔Múüõ∏ñWUWWâ,îä+?®<P˚@ùÍPÁÄ:‰9 fiÛ¥GœV.*n*?à≈∫<ThŒ0€>pIQUy†ÚÄ{@ÂÅπÛ@ûÉö‘˚ÅÙáY∏1Ó∆∂Y¸`ˆu„nlõ›?fYø1Ó∆∂Y¸`ˆu‚…J»[€ÿ˜(¬Ôy"S¢1w‚8æŒP¨¨”ïãˇkèº◊P\›sÚ\Sy†Ú@ÂÅ⁄ÍPÁ?\äŸflflÃ∫~óU≥˙¡ÏÎVy†y@ÂA√L0ª?Ã∫~ôr˝∆∂ÏW¸ˆ>7åq7∂U¸oÔ¯À¯„nlKú‚∑w>„nl´¯flfiÒóÒ%‰∆ü6d^‹<¡Ó4¢¯ΩF:PëHßZŸw1∆'§fl}8ÓJ΄˙7õ”Œo7ãÛÛ-õ7Ï∞∏ èª»∆5ˇ„fiLV´◊΄™£ÑŒ“Sπ\y¶Â˚BfAõ_uY.#‰»“–HxÂP+<PQ¡Ï»¢È|Ï—SB~fl„EBƇƒ∫9Ó§ƒ	øwCçflõt-|¢^Á†úò
∫vM;‰tΩ:¿Úö" iŸÁ5¬V˜1À¯<ÑΩ3O—>æ√Ò€N^ËUãfiœ«x·Û$Ê≠ıâ1óqÅÎa5fiè≈≈≈:fiAKóç√N•66øD,≥`∑-ÑϬ&sÑ≠í‚`aÉ˚kÀ`kY#˙9^˙îê VÁD_ߥ£Ò(!£Àq+Åe…E/okÚ⁄9¡_éIÆc∏¨Sûı]ª]RÏã%≈ÁÙuJı‹ûœı∫íÍ$0"{Ëÿv:Á√\Vͯø8∑!…iìWåÖœÂø߸ÖOØ0?qõÑ∞x[8I≈Üœ£¶i≤ıÀ8sH∫ÜsÈC…]«ÙqÕØ:÷ÁÏ◊e◊≥„‹ØrèJ#rÔ 6ã°Æ£—◊oÁæñ˚òœGÓÌzyBÙ}œ∫Îê{Xfl„ƒ÷√â“Œ°Õeù
49±⁄ôÌ∏∆Ÿ ‰oÙpûó⁄9È@yn^GàŸlºÜm0GM÷·úü<o¢{m≥
∫ØaKåK{Æ`+c©
Iü7qE≤:_ô'#˛_]>∆ˇ’€åë7#FÕ©bzl∑⁄3ßÊL
KIO
J∞O»ö>3;«:'s∂È=c∞ÂN ¥gOòfç	ö<kZ∏äΩ9ØدãØÀ∏Ω.∆==Äx.íW∆∏áeytK´<´eyy¶≈«së%æ„
K~ÙÀfiÒ[->yeñ¯¬o,˘Â'-_W_b„¥õsfl±5ù‹ªÕèÓ@ãRª”Ω„√Èô‹Å‘'œJ{ÆL†âÖ√Ë‘m£È“ÚL∫È`6≠®~Çûø<è6Û\D€˙>Kª¯/¶˝^§±W–Q¡Ø0]kË‹»Wôæ
tıê7ôŒwhi∆ªLÔVzx L˜«¥v˛ßL
x·ºÚKπÓR¯
Õ(˘éNŸvÑŒˇ‰{∫§¸$]ªˇZ|,›~Ï∫Ø˙=˙s
=w˘˙Á’øô}ÙkÊÖm}õb{?oÏ‚flC€∂¿~w"mflc;∂∆‰.w·»‡ªqlË=8±w;¥˜ªgG>Äi >›_ä}Üt∆◊íª‚[©›qÛ»¯aFÓÜ{∆á„W#–îæXiÔè?ƒ≥¬+Û-X∑—;œä-üè¡{^åÅÀ‚∞Π[5˚ØK¬®ı6å/Ü)oß·®í8nK:Nfi6ßÙ0Œ˝‰tÏ|ÛÀ3q˘û	∏zæ˛’$,:òçÔzKèM√]ï9∏∑˙	¸˙ßx¯ÁYXuaûπ</^YĵWü§‚o˙¯´fl%5¸]íÿ⁄CfiªUÈÔ‰7ãªLAToı<§}9ØõÂiG⁄ΩıÛ∏—À˘,ÛB¢ßf>ñï;Ànœ 
Jõgü9YN^Á„‡¸∞RÁ˝JP}!„˜e¿DøM
€Wèø tË‘%jßçÑïéÄsu√!àá£/ßANU*ÏÍô
ÛÜ¡™=)po€ëeɯí·∑¶…êûû”flI˙◊Pÿe
5ÖC†≤6Ê&'¿Ó7‚a«’8òòüÓ&±0wÏ`¯∂tTfi5^ŒâÅK˚£°∂[4=gÖøNGAmL¨+DêãIN»àIàKLJ≤∆§⁄Ǭ…ô‘á`ÕGëνëp‚ÈÅ0ÂÏ(H⁄xo≤}q?∞]ÓO>“bˆˆÅç}†`}Ñ>Aj~:"v˜Ç¸à^∞§0⁄ÑÈ„}HØÏ «{¬[Oà-ÔüıÔeõÇùÛëÛR\y@y@y@y¿¯[xô

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

Alright...Here's the answer. Just open up Reason's browser and drag the FXP to the rack. It will create the correct device if it is installed. Not sure about FXB at this point, but I only have a couple of those. Hopes this helps others out.

• Information