Interesting VST problem

Discuss VST stuff here!
fotizimo

29 Jun 2018

Hey there all,

I recently rebuilt my Reason machine as I was running into some non-music related issues, and since rebuilding the machine, have hit a Reason VST issue I am not sure how to resolve.

I have Windows 10 1803 running Reason 10 and have fully rebuilt all of the envrionment to allow for my VST collection to work. I decided to add my Air Music Tech synths Hybrid and Vacuum Pro last night, which use the PACE authentication system, and after installing the two VSTs, I opened Reason, but it doesn't seem to find the two new VSTs. These synths were working previously with no issues I could see, prior to me rebuilding the machine.

I have completely un-installed and re-installed the apps, as well as the PACE service, but nothing I can do seems to allow Reason to see these VSTs. They are in the exact same folder as all my other VSTs (/program files/vstplugins), I have restarted both Reason and the computer many times, I have tried installing them to different folders and adding that folder to Reasons VST scanning list....

Just wondering if anyone else has seen and been able to resolve this issue. I tried searching through google and this site, but couldn't find anything like this.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Libraquaricorn

29 Jun 2018

fotizimo wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Hey there all,

I recently rebuilt my Reason machine as I was running into some non-music related issues, and since rebuilding the machine, have hit a Reason VST issue I am not sure how to resolve.

I have Windows 10 1803 running Reason 10 and have fully rebuilt all of the envrionment to allow for my VST collection to work. I decided to add my Air Music Tech synths Hybrid and Vacuum Pro last night, which use the PACE authentication system, and after installing the two VSTs, I opened Reason, but it doesn't seem to find the two new VSTs. These synths were working previously with no issues I could see, prior to me rebuilding the machine.

I have completely un-installed and re-installed the apps, as well as the PACE service, but nothing I can do seems to allow Reason to see these VSTs. They are in the exact same folder as all my other VSTs (/program files/vstplugins), I have restarted both Reason and the computer many times, I have tried installing them to different folders and adding that folder to Reasons VST scanning list....

Just wondering if anyone else has seen and been able to resolve this issue. I tried searching through google and this site, but couldn't find anything like this.
That sounds really boring....
Pace, that is iLok right? Have you opened the license manager and deautorized the old and then authorized the new computer?
Then there's the thing with Reason only accepting 64bit versions of the plugins. Have you made sure you are using the 64 bit versions?
Probably can't help you but that is the two things I would check first.., I only use iLok licenses for my Softube and Soundtoys vsts and that works like a charm on my computer. Good luck!

fotizimo

29 Jun 2018

Hey there,

So, yep, I forgot to add that the synths are authorized in iLok/pace and are fully playable in other daws. I have confirmed that they are the 64 bit versions, so at least on the surface, they seem to be operating normally.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

Libraquaricorn

29 Jun 2018

fotizimo wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Hey there,

So, yep, I forgot to add that the synths are authorized in iLok/pace and are fully playable in other daws. I have confirmed that they are the 64 bit versions, so at least on the surface, they seem to be operating normally.
Have you updated Reason? I'm being prompted with a new update when I started it up just now. Version 10.1.1d14

Rason

29 Jun 2018

Hi can you run any other VST intruments in Reason? I have a problem that nobody is able to solve. Only VST effects work, not instruments, being all in the same folder.

sent using Tapatalk

fotizimo

29 Jun 2018

Rason wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Hi can you run any other VST intruments in Reason? I have a problem that nobody is able to solve. Only VST effects work, not instruments, being all in the same folder.

sent using Tapatalk
Hey there,

So for me, all other vst instruments and effects work perfectly. Just that two from Air Music Tech.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

boggg1

29 Jun 2018

What does your Manage Plugins should as their status.
http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... ginsWindow

Just discovered I have a few that need sorting using this method.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

boggg1

29 Jun 2018

Oops, that should read

What does your Manage Plugins show as their status. ?
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

normen

29 Jun 2018

Maybe you only installed the VST3 version for some reason?

fotizimo

29 Jun 2018

boggg1 wrote:
29 Jun 2018
What does your Manage Plugins should as their status.
http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... ginsWindow

Just discovered I have a few that need sorting using this method.
Ok, at the moment, I have completely uninstalled the vsts and the iLok app, but I had no idea that there was a plugin manager type window for Reason. I will re-install all of them and see what happens.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

• Information